Asking for a change

Prime69

DL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For those of us who remember being in diapers, did you tell your parents when you needed a diaper change, or wait to be discovered? I would usually be discovered if I was wet. My Mom would periodically check my diaper through out the day to see if it was wet. She’d pull me aside and feel to see how heavy it was. If not, I would have stayed in the same diaper not caring. Pooping was different. Unless I was super engrossed in playing, I would go find my Mom pretty much right after I was finished. I would tell her I pooped my diaper, or I need my diaper changed. I got enjoyment out of the embarrassment this gave me. It made me feel babyish. Even when I was just using my Pampers to poop in I would go tell her what I had done. Or in between reminding me to go pee in the potty, she would ask me if I pooped my pants, which was also embarrassing. If so she would change my diaper then. This was right up until kindergarten. Just wondering about everyone else’s experiences. Thanks!

Reactions: SandyRope, ChristianDiaperLover and Jr2012
I have Asperger's. I was a very late potty trainer due to the Asperger's and associated fears as well as because of other medical issues. I was encouraged to ask for a clean diaper when I needed changing and rewarded when I did. Because of some of the sensory issues associated with Asperger's, I often did not know my diaper was wet enough to need changing and rarely asked. Poop was different. I always knew when I had pooped and would usually ask for a clean diaper unless I was engrossed in something I found interesting. I was constipated often and remember some hard, dry poops that felt kind of like sitting on pebbles. I would usually admit I had pooped my diaper when asked, and I did not resist changing.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDideeboy, skylanderpamp and Prime69
I don't remember asking for a change, but I do remember hiding behind the curtains to do a poo in my nappy and being quiet indignant about being expected to use the potty instead.
My por mother 😟

Reactions: abdilly, rocketman and Prime69
Troy said:
I don't remember asking for a change, but I do remember hiding behind the curtains to do a poo in my nappy and being quiet indignant about being expected to use the potty instead.
My por mother 😟
I remember hidimg in the hallway to poop my diaper and then afterward telling my parents i pooped and then id get a change. As for pee i didnt care when or where id go and wouldnt tell i was wet so my mother had to check my diaper periodically for that or ask me if im soggy. I too was very indignant about not using the potty, my autistic brain was ok with diapers and saw potty training as a distraction and an annoyance. Its why i wasnt fully potty trained until i was 5 or 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: wetaccident, perlFerret, Troy and 1 other person
I don't remember it, but my mom's told me that, shortly before I turned three, I became unable to tolerate a wet or poopy diaper, and began asking her to change my diapers constantly. She'd resolved to wait until I showed interest in the toilet before potty-training me, but said that my incessant requests for clean diapers drove her nuts. She finally just said, "No more diapers!" and sat me on the toilet. According to her, I was potty-trained in about a week and never had any daytime accidents after that. It was most of another year before I was staying dry at night, however, and I can remember watching her pin my cloth diapers while I lay in bed.

Reactions: Freddie07601 and Prime69
Don’t really recall many times asking to be changed as I was always quite happy to sit in a wet or messy nappy. The only times I Can remember actually asking to be changed was a couple of times when slightly older having the runs bad and waking up with overflowing pull-up 😬

Reactions: denis97y and Prime69
I don't remember if I ever asked for a diaper change, my mom would have me lay down and put a diaper on me or change me. In the morning she would check if my diaper was wet and change it

Reactions: Rezzu and LittleLandon
Troy said:
My por mother 😟
When I was "training" I tried to hide behind the curtains to pee my pants. I was found and yanked out to the bathroom.

SuzakuAkatori said:
I remember hidimg in the hallway to poop my diaper and then afterward telling my parents i pooped and then id get a change. As for pee i didnt care when or where id go and wouldnt tell i was wet so my mother had to check my diaper periodically for that or ask me if im soggy. I too was very indignant about not using the potty, my autistic brain was ok with diapers and saw potty training as a distraction and an annoyance. Its why i wasnt fully potty trained until i was 5 or 6.
I still think potty training is an annoyance. Fuck that thing!

Reactions: perlFerret
I was pretty much exact same as OP. She always checked me right when I woke up and throughout the day.

mostly my parents would check my diaper until I started potty-traning. but then again my siblings pranking was why I was diapered so long

I wouldn't ask to get changed. Being in a wet or poppy diaper never bothered me. Usually I would have to ask if I was wet. I wouldn't say anything.

I remember one vivid memory where my dad asked my mom to change me when I had a dirty diaper. He said "can you change him? He stinks." I didn't resist diaper changes. I wasn't in a hurry to get changed but I did enjoy them when it was time to get changed.

Reactions: Freddie07601 and TXbw86
I was potty trained at 4, and as I got older, I began to ask for a change. I don’t remember much before I was 3, but I remember my mom asking me if I needed a new diaper/Pull-up and how she encouraged me to take my training into my own hands. Once I became more familiar with how I felt when I was wet, I remember telling my mom I needed a change and she would then help me change.

My Mum was constantly checking with me if I was wet and needed changing, it was really embarrassing a lot of the time. She thought she was being tactful but often she wasn't.
I rarely asked to be changed, but I'd always say I was wet if I was when asked. The only time if ever really told her I need changing was if it got uncomfortable or I'd leaked

Reactions: wetaccident, hanbanan and TXbw86
SuzakuAkatori said:
saw potty training as a distraction and an annoyance <-- Yep!!

perlFerret said:
saw potty training as a distraction and an annoyance <-- Yep!!
yeah I agree with this. when I was 6 I used to try to argue my way out of using the potty when I started the potty-training. my argument was always about the monster in the potty that I belived existed because my dumb siblings decided to scare me there when I was 3.

• Haha
Reactions: perlFerret and GypsyNappy
I'd say I "waited to be discovered" - at least if I was diapered in the day and we were out. I never wanted my diaper to be obvious to anyone so I tried not to act any different. That was hard if I needed a diaper change. Looking back - it was probably obvious to anyone watching me that I was wet or soiled and trying to disguise it. If asked if I needed a diaper change I'd always answer, "no." I think in the hopes that the topic would pass, but I'm thinking the reason I was being asked is because it was obvious! That scenario inevitably led to a diaper check and change.

LeonTheCabbitKitten said:
yeah I agree with this. when I was 6 I used to try to argue my way out of using the potty when I started the potty-training. my argument was always about the monster in the potty that I belived existed because my dumb siblings decided to scare me there when I was 3.
Funny enough, I've watch couple show that had the same story

GypsyNappylover said:
Funny enough, I've watch couple show that had the same story
really, lol i'd love to see the vid. but older siblings growing up were the bane of my existence

Reactions: GypsyNappy
LeonTheCabbitKitten said:
really, lol i'd love to see the vid. but older siblings growing up were the bane of my existence
There's one part of Simpsons that bart wasn't successfully dunny trained till he was 5 cause, he believes there was a monster in the dunny, I'll be honest, i did find it stupid but, it was funny enough to have a giggle

Back