Article Requests Thread

don't worry just letting everyone else know it's being taken care of and they don't have to write it ^_^

If it was up to me I'd say wait and see what I've come up with because although it's a guide aimed at carers it'd be just as useful for littles, I wouldn't want you to be put out if I've already covered everything. On the other hand, if you wish to I'm sure the articles team would accept a draft, you might need to email FruitKitty or Akastus

Falkio said:
If I may politely ask, how far into it are you? I was going to try and make mine all encompassing for both sides, and would be willing to put serious time into it. I'm just a little dismayed because ive wanted to do this for a long time, and frequently post on the subject. I just wanted to ask since your announcement came only 12 hours ago. Besides, you have several other projects in the works, which I of course commend you for. :)

It is nearly completely through the process with a near-final draft. He has been listed as writing it on the first post of this thread for awhile now.

If, once the article is published, you'd like to write an article that expands on the topic, we'd be happy to work with you.

Falkio said:
I also had a suggestion for an article on attending furry conventions, and whats offered there for the typical newfound babyfur. I'd volunteer to author one, if allowed.
Right, let's consider you on the case then. I've also sent you a PM.

abdlf said:
For coming out, I see there being three main steps:
  • The first step is acknowledgement of yourself. I like diapers. There, I said it.
  • Then there's a second step... binge/purge... The acceptance step maybe?
  • Then there's a third, coming out...
Feel free to correct that if you wish..

I really want to come out as DL, but I feel no reason to tell people. I want to just wear and not have to explain myself. I could also do with some answers to common questions.

I'm generally against an article on "How to Come Out". We do have in the list of requested topics "Getting Caught", and I could see perhaps an article on how to come out to a significant other if it were handled well, but I am not convinced that an article on coming out generally is a good idea, for two reasons:

1. As you put it yourself, "..I feel no reason to tell people. I want to just wear and not have to explain myself." The act of coming out as an ABDL seems to be a solution looking for a problem.

2. Coming out unprompted or haphazardly is generally acknowledged within the community as a bad idea, because it's a high-risk low-reward proposition. This is especially true in the case of our teen members. I don't see an article instructing people on how to do something generally inadvisable as a good idea, and would rather limit any articles on the topic to the limited situations where it would actually be advisable.

I am thinking that due to the topics being discussed here recently, there may be a need for an article for family/friends (generally parents) on how to talk to their children about this.

There is a thread with FAQ which touches slightly on the subject, but there isn't anything that specifically gives tips, advice, and what you should talk about.

It's hard enough for parents to have "The Talk" with their kids, I imagine a discussion like this could pose many difficulties for both parties.

I'm not really sure on what would need to be covered in such an article, but I do see it's use.

Lobie said:
I am thinking that due to the topics being discussed here recently, there may be a need for an article for family/friends (generally parents) on how to talk to their children about this.

There is a thread with FAQ which touches slightly on the subject, but there isn't anything that specifically gives tips, advice, and what you should talk about.

It's hard enough for parents to have "The Talk" with their kids, I imagine a discussion like this could pose many difficulties for both parties.

I'm not really sure on what would need to be covered in such an article, but I do see it's use.

"Guide for Non-ABDLs living with ABDLs" is already in the want list, but a "Guide for Parents" seems like a good, more specific idea. Added.

Falkio said:
I would like to write the Guide for Parents. My current article is 100% complete, and is only waiting final approval. Should that ever get done, I'd like to have this lined up.

I'm a good person for this topic, because I've been through this crucible of a process myself, and I think I can direct curious parents toward a desired outcome. It's a very gentle subject.
If you want to give it a shot, I'm more than happy to see what you have to say on the topic. Let's consider it booked.

SkarTiger said:
If I may, I would very much like permission to write an article on how to write interesting and engaging stories. Most of the stories here all follow a basic plot and the typical AB/DL story plot line does become slightly cliché after a while.

My article hopes to teach new and impressive writing techniques to all of the ambitious writers here on ADISC. these techniques will help make stories more engaging and more interesting.
I hope you find use for this,
Thank you.
Skar

The problem with this proposal is that we already have 4 articles on writing stories. I would need a very specific proposal as to what new ground this article would cover in order to seriously consider it.

Since my other two articles are effectively stuck in end game can I start on writing up The Definitive AB/DL Glossary

Back