Are we compelled to wear nappies?

Davvyboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My desire to wear nappies stems from a very young age ( probably around 7 ). But it never lets it’s grip on you. It is almost hard wired into us. Does anyone else agree?

Reactions: Diapercutie, ElPulpo, AmberStarfield and 1 other person
I think so to a degree.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, AJFan2020 and Davvyboy
Think I first wanted to from about 5-7.

Reactions: Davvyboy
The first poster is spot on, you know you want to wear Nappies but have no idea why and that desire/need never seems to lessen, even now if I had my full continence back I would still be drawn to Nappies !
Although it is no longer an option to go back to what people consider "normal" underwear I find them incredibly uncomfortable and an absolute no no for so many reasons.

Yea pretty much. What other reason could it be? Specifically those of us who have *always* liked them

Reactions: Davvyboy, AJFan2020 and indiaperdl
I am strongly attracted to diapers since ever. I have vivid memories of my diaper desire as soon as I was officially out of them by day (around age 3 to 4). I always had easy access to diapers, which was really cool. I wore diapers til 8ish at night and could never wait for bedtime. It is deeply seeded in me and I was always aware of it. ...which in some phases of childhood, teenage years and adulthood didn't make life easier.

Reactions: LinkDL, Davvyboy and neophyte
I still remember being about 5 years old and wondering in bed about why the hell I had the desire to wear a diaper. I hoped at that moment that the feelings would go away by the time I was fully grown. They never did.

Reactions: espectro and Davvyboy
Yup, I always remember wanting to be in diapers with my earliest memory from about age 3 or 4. I loved the sound of them, the feel of them, the look of them, the scent of them….basically everything about them and I didn’t know why. Shoot, I still don’t know why.

My first memory is of me asking my Mum why she was packing away the nappies and plastic pants and I argued that it was easier to use them than use the toilet.

From my late teenage years I ‘forgot’ or at least managed to suppress the urge to wear nappies and plastic pants until I first went online MANY years later and discovered that there were adult products.

At that point all the feelings came back and I’ve been enjoying the kink ever since.

I now know whilst my mind and life were moving away from wearing and wetting it had never ever left me.

Reactions: Davvyboy, LittleLeeInDiapers and Deleted member 58459
I am an analyst. Part of my job is to deep dive into topics and issues and determine the root causes and drivers; but DL is one topic I will not tackle. If university graduates and career professional psychologists can't pin point it then I will never will.

I myself have been compelled to wear diapers since I was 3 or 4 years old.

I am not IC. I wear diapers for comfort. For me it is a lifestyle, not a kink, it's not a fetish. Diapers have always provided me with psychological comfort, especially in unusual or unique situations, or at bedtime.

Reactions: espectro, LinkDL, DandyAndy and 2 others
As strange as it may sound, but the desire for diapers never vanished for me. Even now, where I need them due to an unpredictable bladder, I still like them. They make me feel secure.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Davvyboy
People have known for thousands of years that humans and animals can acquire strong, lifelong desires for things that defy human expectations of how the universe is supposed to work. Modern science has only been studying it for about 70 years now, but the research shows these things are probably more common than most people suspect; so common that it seems likely to be the result of a process that humans and animals go through as a natural part of their early development. Individually, things like diaper love or balloon fetishes may not be very common among the population but, collectively, nearly everyone is directly affected by this process and acquires a range of strong, specific desires because of it.

My interest started when I was about 8 years old. I didn't have many friends my age and only family members to play with were younger than me and some still wore diapers. I became curious to see how it felt to peepee and poopoo in diapers again, as it turns out, I loved it. Making poopoo in baby diapers felt especially good and I can get even more excited about it today than I did 30 years ago.

Reactions: LinkDL, Davvyboy and sinceiwassmall
I never have fully understood where my love and need to wear Nappies has come from, I have few recollections of wearing them other than negative memories such as bad blisters around my thighs which of course was Nappy rash, and sore legs when out walking with my mum on a cold winters day and feeling my Nappy getting unpleasantly cold giving me the shivers, in reality it was probably the start of a cold and nothing to do with my Nappy at all.

Reactions: Deleted member 66727 and Davvyboy
What if there is no single root cause but a variety. Autism, childhood trama, exposure etc etc.

I've been through sexual trama as a yong kid and also exposed to others wearing diapers.
I'm not officially diagnosed with autism but i share a lot of the same struggles as people with autism.

I had from very early on liked diapers and even plastic pants.. I was somewhat sensory to various things and I remember liking to wear diapers because of the shiny crinkly plastic on them. The sound of it was intriguing and could stand out to bring ones mind to attention. Theres crinkly sounding toys for kids to play with even. So I think a part of it stemmed from those plastic diapers early one. I often wonder of I wore cloth diapers wouldve they been so sensory to me. A cloth diaper generally is quiet. I also thought Id grow out of liking them but still like then these 40 plus years later!

Definitely could also be a sensory thing that would make since i geuss when i get my next shipment I'll keep that in mind and see if it makes sense. But i know i have a handful of negative sensory stuff like not licking the oils from my skin on my hands or not liking the feeling of artificial heating. I prefer warmth from skin to skin or blankets but i don't like heat from the radiator or the oven etc.

I know i prefer the L4's to say depends not just because of absorbency but also it's more snugg more supportive more protective. I think i used to like crinkle but it's also kinda awkward in my situation with my mom and the way the house is built even though she knows and lets me do it it's just awkward because she doesn't really accept it just allow it.

I knew i wasn't gonna grow out of it when trying to give it up just made me severely depressed. It's just apart of what makes me me. It literally balances me out. If I'm to stressed, to agitated, to anything really it balances me out to felling like i did before i knew what politics were or that things cost money. That innocence, wholesome-ness.

Reactions: Davvyboy and Napincolove
I'm not sure compelled is the correct word, as it almost implies somebody is forcing us to do something. However, for some of us the urge to wear nappies is very strong as has been there for a long time until something finally triggers us to act out on it. My trigger happened at 3 - if the term pre-school baby exists, that is what I was - but I suspect the underlying desire was already there, for whatever reason.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Davvyboy
Been wearing in one way or another since aged 6 for fun. I am 52 and just gone to bed wearing a bulky terry nappy and rubber pants with a tight onesie over them. I would have to agree.

Reactions: Deleted member 66727, BobbiSueEllen, Davvyboy and 1 other person
I never wanted to growup, and that spread into wanting diapers as it's one of the most babyish things.

Reactions: TheDiaperdStoner, BobbiSueEllen and Davvyboy
Back