Are There Any New Wave Fans Here?

GoodnitesAreGoat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I love New Wave! I know I am far younger than most of the fans and I wasn't even alive while it was being made. This will probably lead to the "Name three songs!" "Who's the drummer?" phenomenon but I don't care. Who else is a New Wave fan? I would love to hear any song or band recommendations. My all-time favorite band is Men At Work, I have all of their albums on Vinyl. I also love Duran Duran, The Cars, Talking Heads, and many others. Please share your opinions in the comments!

• Love
Reactions: AndyPandy, Kirisin, KBoy and 3 others
I too love New Wave. Simple Minds, Ultravox, New Order/Joy Division. Actually going to see OMD in the fall.

• Love
Reactions: AndyPandy, BobbiSueEllen, KBoy and 2 others
yes, listened to punk as a skater back in the late 80s. Everything you might hear on Sirius radio.. Marky Ramones Punk rock ch712.. I was introduced to NW more in the Marines. I love Fugazi. That got me onto the bands more associated with NW from the 80/90s. Ministry is one of my all-time favorites.

• Love
Reactions: AndyPandy, Subtlerustle, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
That's "Golden Age of MTV" music I'm 65+ and still play music like that 🩷 🩷🩷😇

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and KBoy
I'm a big XTC fan - in fact I used to subscribe to the "Limelight" fanzine. (I have got most their albums on CD).
Speaking of albums, my sister brought me the "English Settlement " LP on vinyl for my 19th birthday.
I also like early Elvis Costello. (Elvis was my nickname at school. I wore NHS glasses which looked similar to those worn by Elvis Costello).

• Love
Reactions: AndyPandy, Subtlerustle, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Fancypants2001 said:
yes, listened to punk as a skater back in the late 80s. Everything you might hear on Sirius radio.. Marky Ramones Punk rock ch712.. I was introduced to NW more in the Marines. I love Fugazi. That got me onto the bands more associated with NW from the 80/90s. Ministry is one of my all-time favorites.
Ministry Punk skate or die
iamfollowingYou ✌️

Reactions: Fancypants2001 and BobbiSueEllen
Sissyleslie said:
I'm a big XTC fan - in fact I used to subscribe to the "Limelight" fanzine. (I have got most their albums on CD).
Speaking of albums, my sister brought me the "English Settlement " LP on vinyl for my 19th birthday.
I also like early Elvis Costello. (Elvis was my nickname at school. I wore NHS glasses which looked similar to those worn by Elvis Costello).
XTC!!! XTC!!! XTC!!! XTC!!! 🥳🤭

• Love
Reactions: Sissyleslie and KBoy
BobbiSueEllen said:
XTC!!! XTC!!! XTC!!! XTC!!! 🥳🤭
Making Plans for Nigel was the original manifesto of the helicopter parent 😉

Reactions: Sissyleslie and BobbiSueEllen
I have a paperback book called "Complicated Game" in which Andy Partridge discusses various XTC songs, their meanings and how they came about, etc.

Reactions: Subtlerustle and BobbiSueEllen
Back