Are there any metalheads out there?

mrsmallory666 said:
I saw them at Ozzfest 2000. Have you heard Phil's other band Superjoint Ritual?
Yes I have. They are pretty good

Reactions: mrsmallory666
I have a extensive collection of musical genres some 300 different bands I just love music i drive all day everyday i have my laptop hooked right into truck radio I haft to say Metal/Hard Rock is by far my favorite I took and thru all my metal/Hard Rock into a Playlist I called Metal Masters if someone was to look at my collection they could easily tell who my favorite bands are just by the number of albums I have #1 Scorpions #2 Iron Maiden #3 Judas Priest #4 Ozzy/Black Sabbath #5 Nickelback #6 Dio #7 Van Halen 8# Ratt #9 Poison 10# Aerosmith I'd bet 150 albums easily just in those 10 I kinda throw the Heavy Metal Hard Rock genres together but those are the class of the field in my library

Can I ask, what band would you recommend to a noob looking to get into metal such as myself? Theres so many different bands here that I dont know where to start. I only recognize Rammstein since I listened to one of their songs before.

Low-key Im kinda embarrassed that Ladybaby is the closest thing to metal that I listen to lol 😅 And I only know them because they're a mix between metal and J-pop (one of my other favorite music genre)

ShyBoo81 said:
Can I ask, what band would you recommend to a noob looking to get into metal such as myself? Theres so many different bands here that I dont know where to start. I only recognize Rammstein since I listened to one of their songs before.

Low-key Im kinda embarrassed that Ladybaby is the closest thing to metal that I listen to lol 😅 And I only know them because they're a mix between metal and J-pop (one of my other favorite music genre)

Black Sabbath Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Master of Reality which spun off the lead singers Ozzy Osborne Diary of a Mad Man and Blizzard of Ozz and Ronnie James Dio Holy Diver, The Last in Line

AC/DC Highway to Hell, Back in Black, For Those About to Rock
Scorpions Animal Magnetism, Love at First Sting, Blackout, Lovedrive
these are the 3 main roots of Metal all getting there starts in the Mid 60s they spun off the sub Genre's Glam Metal Speed Metal Arena Rock anyway those are a good starting point I hope you enjoy this Genre I like all the above and have multiple albums
My favorite have always been Scorpions having 40 digital disks all these guys are in there 70s and still rocking
Scorpions just released there new CD called Rock Believer and Ozzy just released Patient Number 9
I'm sorry to say for those of us that like metal our genre is slowly passing on but there music is ever bit as good today as they where 60 years ago
Scorpions once commented they love playing live because there playing to 4 generations closing in on 5 and to them that speaks to there longevity its fun Rudolf Schenker Said its fun to see a 14 year old and 60 year old enjoying the music they play

Last edited:
Reactions: ShyBoo81
I like a tons of different metal bands, especially old school thrash and progressive metal: Testament, Megadeth, Anthrax, Fates Warning, Dream Theater, and my favorite Savatage. Also am cool with “hair metal” like Dokken and Ratt. 🤘

Reactions: mrsmallory666, Serendiapity and ShyBoo81
Metallica, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Nirvana, but it's grunge not metal and some hungarians (Tankcsapda).

mrsmallory666 said:
I am just curious if there are any metalheads out there besides me... lol
🤘🤘

L7
Pretend We’re Dead 🎶

Last edited:
Yeah, I love metal. I prefer the older stuff - early Metallica, Megadeth - but enjoy Rammstein, Mudvayne, Godsmack, Deftones as well.
Another music love is goth - I've been into that nearly as long as I've been into metal.

Reactions: MetalDan86 and mrsmallory666
Love Metallica (seen them once, and going to see them on the upcoming tour in the Snake Pit :D), Maiden, Megadeth, and A7x a lot. Not so into the newer metal bands who think that the lower your tuning, the heavier you are, though.

I'm a fan of Shadow of Intent! Admittedly I was drawn to them at first partially for their Halo lore albums. I think the whole album "Primordial" is fucking amazing, though, just as a stand-alone experience. Of Fury is a great song as well.

I love all kinds of hard rock though I wouldn’t consider myself a hardcore metal head. Cream (sorry if you don’t think this is metal), zeppelin, iron maiden, Motörhead, black label society, Pantera, knot, Rob zombie, black sabbath, deftones, Korn, ramstein, kmfdm, marylin Manson are the only real metal bands I listen to. Anyone like punk like Dead Kennedys, Pennywise, Bad Religion etc?

Reactions: Kirisin, ShyBoo81 and mrsmallory666
I’m very much into progressive metal, which I got into after having been a fan of old-school prog rock. Easily my favorite band is Opeth. I fucking love Opeth. I also really enjoy some bands that kind of walk the line between prog rock and metal, like Tool and Porcupine Tree.

(And as to whether I’m a metalhead, I don’t go out of my way to call myself that, but I’d say it’s a fair description. I certainly look like one!)

Last edited:
Reactions: MetalDan86, ShyBoo81 and mrsmallory666
northdl said:
I love all kinds of hard rock though I wouldn’t consider myself a hardcore metal head. Cream (sorry if you don’t think this is metal), zeppelin, iron maiden, Motörhead, black label society, Pantera, knot, Rob zombie, black sabbath, deftones, Korn, ramstein, kmfdm, marylin Manson are the only real metal bands I listen to. Anyone like punk like Dead Kennedys, Pennywise, Bad Religion etc?
I love Pennywise, I actually got to see them live last year with Rise Against they were so good.

Reactions: northdl, ShyBoo81, mrsmallory666 and 1 other person
Like most, I love most types of music, but metal will forever dominate my heart.I cant seem to get enough of Lorna Shore, there what i like to call white knuckle death metal. Super talented band. Also check out Chelsea Grin and Drako US. And if you want some fun stuff check out Electric Callboy and We butter our bread with butter awesome music videos.

Reactions: MetalDan86
northdl said:
Anyone like punk like Dead Kennedys, Pennywise, Bad Religion etc?
At the moment Im into this one song from Pennywise called Can't Be Ignored. It sounds so good that I get rally racing/skateboarding/mountain biking vibes from listening to it haha

Discovered Maiden in 1986 when I was 12 and never really looked back. Thereafter, it was the traditional journey of Big Four, assorted other thrash bands (notably Nuclear Assault, Forbidden, Dark Angel and Acid Reign), early Swedish death metal (Entombed, Grave, Unleashed etc.), second wave Black Metal (especially Darkthrone) and a whole heap of doom, grind and power violence. Of that lot, it's Black Metal that's really stuck, just because the genre has evolved and mutated so much, but I'm still a sucker for a 20 minute grind album or some filthy OSDM.

Never really ascribed to the "metalhead" tag or image, despite listening to the stuff for three quarters of my life. I like a black t-shirt, but beyond that, it's a much more personal thing. As much as I love it, bits of the genre can be a bit moronic at times. The whole "shouty angry tough guy" thing wore thin very quickly.

Reactions: ShyBoo81 and mrsmallory666
philder74 said:
Discovered Maiden in 1986 when I was 12 and never really looked back. Thereafter, it was the traditional journey of Big Four, assorted other thrash bands (notably Nuclear Assault, Forbidden, Dark Angel and Acid Reign), early Swedish death metal (Entombed, Grave, Unleashed etc.), second wave Black Metal (especially Darkthrone) and a whole heap of doom, grind and power violence. Of that lot, it's Black Metal that's really stuck, just because the genre has evolved and mutated so much, but I'm still a sucker for a 20 minute grind album or some filthy OSDM.

Never really ascribed to the "metalhead" tag or image, despite listening to the stuff for three quarters of my life. I like a black t-shirt, but beyond that, it's a much more personal thing. As much as I love it, bits of the genre can be a bit moronic at times. The whole "shouty angry tough guy" thing wore thin very quickly.

I am horrible at the different genres of metal. If it's good, I like it. Some of my favorite bands are Acid Bath, Strapping Young Lad, Gojira, Today is the Day, Pig Destroyer....

LilPaddedBunny said:
I like old metal, newer metal, symphonic, and power metal. Guns 'N Roses, Scorpions, Dragonforce, Disturbed, Rammstein, and Slipknot are some of my favorites. I like punk rock best though. Bad Religion is my favorite but I also like Rise Against, Blink 182, and The Offspring.
I'm pretty much the same. Liked the glam rock as well. Crue, queensrych, poison, skid row, Alice cooper. Then old punk before they became sell outs. Face to Face, Fugazi, NOFX, guttermouth. Offspring

Reactions: Kirisin
Just started looking into Slipknot's music. This has to be my new favorite song from them!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

• Love
Reactions: ZeeBonezz
Back