Are abena m4s good diapers

They’ve still my favourite, and I like to try as many different types as possible.

I have always liked Abena M4 so much, find they fit around hips and legs better than almost any other diaper out there. I agree the absorbency isn't quite as good as it was say 10 years ago but they are easier to find and fit under clothes pretty well.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
blob said:
No, they are garbage.

15 years ago the X-PLUS was great, but several rounds of cost cutting mean it's a poor product now. Don't waste your money.
I don't know if I'd go so far as to call them garbage, but I agree they aren't nearly as good as they once were. I actually used my last M4 yesterday, and I don't anticipate buying them again anytime soon - lately they haven't fit as well, they've lost their shape too fast and they've leaked waaaaay too quickly. It could just be me; I know lots of people still swear by them. One thing I do like about them is the way the back gets wet. If you're into being surrounded by wetness, they're pretty fantastic.

Like, you could do worse, certainly, but if you're looking for a plain diaper I'd take the Rearz Inspire+InControl 11/10.

Last edited:
hti24 said:
I don't know if I'd go so far as to call them garbage, but I agree they aren't nearly as good as they once were. I actually used my last M4 yesterday, and I don't anticipate buying them again anytime soon - lately they haven't fit as well, they've lost their shape too fast and they've leaked waaaaay too quickly. It could just be me; I know lots of people still swear by them. One thing I do like about them is the way the back gets wet. If you're into being surrounded by wetness, they're pretty fantastic.

Like, you could do worse, certainly, but if you're looking for a plain diaper I'd take the Rearz Inspire+InControl 11/10.
The latest European incarnation- Drylife Slip XPlus is virtually identical to the last Abena branded ones that were available in Europe but as a regular user I can say that the absorbency has been moderately improved with the addition of a bit more SAP without reducing fluff.

Safariwolf said:
I was wondering if they were worth buying so that way I could try and save money since I can buy a bag for only $20
hell yes, its pretty good. i personally like the medical design/brand and i personally find this perfect in terms of wicking/absorbency/thiccness. although everyone will have different opinions in any diapers and so will you. ohh btw idk what they are like now, last time i use them 2 years ago. ppl said they changed some stuff, so maybe its way different than it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedPandaDL
I like Abena but just for sleeping. I like them because they do a nice job of wicking.

great diaper for the price. How much pee are you going to hold and do you like the feel of a wet diaper? It is in the middle of my diaper range. Overnight and early Morning I use the NS Supreme tabed diaper, M-4 until lunch. NS Supreme Light/Tranquility ATN the rest of the day.

There's better options out there now, tbh, but they aren't bad for an "intro" diaper.

I have a like dislike relationship with m4s. They wick well which makes them good for side sleeping, but I wish they had a higher absorbency. The tapes don't stick well but the extra blue tabs give you a second try with each tape. The plastic feels nice and smooth. I wish they had an elastic waistband and a higher rise. They're good for making stickies though.

Last edited:
The m4 last through the night with no leaks.

Thanks everyone for your input o think o will try them and even if I don't like them at least it's only $20 but based on what you all said it's worth giving them a try

They're pretty good. I use the smaller version (S4) as my normal diaper since the M4s are too big on me.

Last edited:
I love abena m3 and m4s and use them when I wet or mess in a diaper. I mainly wear threaded armor cloth diapers because i don’t want to waste a expensive diaper when i am not going to use it.

i would like to get more dl/abdl style prints but i live with my family who all i wear but they don’t know i am a dl.

I’ll put it this way: DLs love them; ABs, not so much. If you’re in it for the bulk, heavy wetting, and want to go many hours between changes, this is the ticket.

Im a DL and not an AB and I hate them.

I like medical diapers and medical prints, but only if they work.

XPLUS was good 15 years ago, M4 is FAR from good now. Waste of money.

They were the first proper adult diaper I tried years ago, but I haven't gotten any in a while so I can't say how they compare to current ABDL products. From my memory they were a solid middle of the road choice and a great option for those who are on a budget yet want something of quality.

dlguy4life said:
Back in the day the M4s were one of my favorite diapers though in recent years they have been made 'watered down' and are not what they used to be.
Indeed. The Abena M4 was the first decent diaper I found back in 2010 (I quickly realized that Depends weren’t particularly useful when I finally started wearing diapers again). While they do work, they aren’t nearly as good as they were in the past. I ended up switching to ConfiDry 24/7 and then to BetterDry/Crinklz.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and trevor0160
IzzyFox said:
Indeed. The Abena M4 was the first decent diaper I found back in 2010 (I quickly realized that Depends weren’t particularly useful when I finally started wearing diapers again). While they do work, they aren’t nearly as good as they were in the past. I ended up switching to ConfiDry 24/7 and then to BetterDry/Crinklz.
Are BetterDrys any good? A friend of mine suggested them, but Rearz diapers just work so well for me.

I'm a bit bummed out about the demise of the M4, at least where I'm concerned. I used to wear them practically 24/7. It feels weird talking about "important" diapers, but they used to be a really important diaper for me.

Reactions: Subtlerustle
hti24 said:
Are BetterDrys any good? A friend of mine suggested them, but Rearz diapers just work so well for me.

I'm a bit bummed out about the demise of the M4, at least where I'm concerned. I used to wear them practically 24/7. It feels weird talking about "important" diapers, but they used to be a really important diaper for me.
I am incredibly fond of the BetterDry diapers. They fit me quite well, and they are perhaps some of the most comfortable diapers I have ever worn. I was fond of the old Abenas, but I am quite happy with BetterDry/Crinklz myself. I highly recommend trying them.

I haven’t used them for a long time. I had a case of the old pattern, and I loved them, but then they changed the front pattern. i didn’t like the new ones. The new ones leaked and didn’t wick as well as the old version. I think that was in like 2010, so things may have changed since then.

Back