Are abena m4s good diapers

Safariwolf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I was wondering if they were worth buying so that way I could try and save money since I can buy a bag for only $20

They are one of my main diapers. They hold a good amount and affordable. I am IC so wearing 24/7 gets expensive. I order a case on Amazon for $50 which will last me over a month combined with my cloth backed diapers I use for work. Overall they are well worth the price for my needs.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Safariwolf
I personally like them. You are going to get a huge mix of responses to this question.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Jonnythepony and Safariwolf
They're okay but personally I don't like them much. They hold a moderate amount but have no front or rear waistbands so they're looser around the waist. The sap also has issues clumping when wet and won't stay put.

Reactions: Safariwolf
They look great in my eyes but the fit is weird. The M4 is a low rise bikini diaper and the L4 is as big as wine cask. I’m a 34” waist an 6’ tall for reference.

Not as good as the north shore megamax, but a great economical alternative and better than most.
i keep a bag or two around in case I run out of the megamax.
i can get them the next day, quicker than the megamax which takes 3 days usually.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I wore them for about a good two years, till other brands became popular. It is and is probably one of the better medical diapers out there in it's price range.

Betterdry has them beat now, because of the elastic waistband.

Reactions: chrischrischris
Better dry has more of a ”wing” but they seem less absorbent after multiple wettings.

Reactions: chrischrischris
Despite decades of quality downgrades their still my favorite diaper. M-4s just fit me right and most times the tapes hold well, they do need a baby diaper booster for marathon sessions though.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and chrischrischris
They are the only disposable that I use although it is only when I going to be gone from home for an extended period or if I happen to be out of clean diapers. My usual diaper is a gauze cloth contour. I’m like Arrex and buy mine for ~$50 a case of 42. I’m sure that they’re better diapers available for more money but the Abenas are good diaper for the cost. Stay padded, I have to as I never know what might leak out!

Reactions: Deleted member 49306
"good" is relative, but for the price and availability they're fine. Definitely not going to hold as much as an Abu or crinklz or any of northshore or XPs diapers, but they can be had for under $1 each and sometimes I only want to wear a diaper to use it once and be done with it; so they fit that niche perfectly.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and chrischrischris
irnub said:
"good" is relative, but for the price and availability they're fine. Definitely not going to hold as much as an Abu or crinklz or any of northshore or XPs diapers, but they can be had for under $1 each and sometimes I only want to wear a diaper to use it once and be done with it; so they fit that niche perfectly.
Good to know I just want something I can wear to work and use only once or twice instead of me using my expensive diapers all the time and northshore doesn't have dotty the pony which I used to use at work

irnub said:
Irnub, where do you get your Abenas for less than $1 a piece? The most economical that I’ve found them is $50.95 for a case of 42 with free shipping from diaperbuys.com. which is just a hair over $1.21 each. If you’ve found a source where they’re less than a buck you would save me a few dollars. Thanks

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Zeke said:
Irnub, where do you get your Abenas for less than $1 a piece? The most economical that I’ve found them is $50.95 for a case of 42 with free shipping from diaperbuys.com. which is just a hair over $1.21 each. If you’ve found a source where they’re less than a buck you would save me a few dollars. Thanks
I mistyped, meant to have a .50 at the end. Usually I get mine on Amazon by the single bag since I don't use m4s that often and they're still cheap even in those quantities.

Back in the day the M4s were one of my favorite diapers though in recent years they have been made 'watered down' and are not what they used to be.

Reactions: SpankyUnicorn
irnub said:
I mistyped, meant to have a .50 at the end. Usually I get mine on Amazon by the single bag since I don't use m4s that often and they're still cheap even in those quantities.
Thanks, I was truly concerned that I was overpaying for them even though I don’t use them that often. I’m finding that I’m a product of my childhood. My dad was a salesman and then a sales manager for much of my youth and I can still remember him taking me to buy dress shoes at the shoe store (before WallyWorld ran them all out of business). He would ask them what the store attendant was asking for the shoes we were looking at and if the salesperson said $12 dad would say “I’ll give you $8”. As embarrassing as this may have been at the age of 11, 9 times out of 10 when he would make an offer like this to some salesperson they would take it. He had an uncanny ability to know what their cost was and to make an offer a few bucks over that. Back then I found it embarrassing but since then I’ve found it has saved me a lot of money and has given me sales resistance to high pressure sales that’s bulletproof. It’s been very helpful after I found myself going through spinal surgery, followed by a divorce while recovering, followed by returning to college to learn a new trade, followed by going on SSDI after a couple of years because the pain was too great. Finding myself pretty much broke and on a fixed income after having my finances devastated by these events has made me really appreciative of the haggling skills my father gave me. Stay padded, no matter what they cost you!

No, they are garbage.

15 years ago the X-PLUS was great, but several rounds of cost cutting mean it's a poor product now. Don't waste your money.

Reactions: mayhem
I bought a case of the Abena M4 diapers when I first started having incontinence issue and did not really like them because the gel inside of them bunches up in the middle of the diaper after a short amount of time. I switched to Seni diapers and like them a whole lot more. I still have a few Abena diapers and wear one every now and then just to remind me how much better the Seni diapers really are.

Like someone said; you will get different opinions. I really like Abena M4 diapers. For me I can use them for both a night time diaper and a day time diaper. They are absorbent enough and discreet enough for night and day dual purpose wearing and wetting., at least for me. If you need more absorbency at night you can always and a soaker insert. I like the supple and soft plastic, they fit me well, and I kind of like the design on them. No landing zone or elastic waste but that does not bother me at all. Landing zones can crinkle some, and I always slightly roll down the top of the diaper to make a more discreet fit, so elastic waste bands are a moot issue for me. I think I have about 2 bags left, getting close to a reorder.

Reactions: Jonnythepony, Seasonedcitizen, RedPandaDL and 1 other person
I agree with what the last person said. They fit me great and they are cost-effective especially if you were on a regular basis and I worry about going through multiple diapers in a day/week. Using diapers like mega max or dry care or safari gets to be insanely expensive and a lot of people have a rotation of a few different kinds of diapers. For me these are the ones I wear most often and will most consistently restock on a regular basis. It really just comes down to what works for you and what you can afford.

Reactions: Jonnythepony, Seasonedcitizen and RedPandaDL
Back