Anyone who is medically incontinent ever tried "AB/DL" diapers?

I have tried a few AB/DL diapers. I learned more about myself from the experiences. For one, I do not like printed diapers. I don't like feeling babyish. For colors I can handle Pink MegaMax, but not Princesses from Rearz. I have tried the all white versions as well. But they are simply too expensive, I found that I wouldn't want to wear them long enough to fully utilize their capacity.

• Love
Reactions: Canadianfalls, EcoIncon, Diprs2 and 3 others
I wear primarily medical diapers (Abena M4 or L4 plastic back) because I would feel a bit silly if was wearing ones that had a goofy cartoon character on them. I also find the right medical ones hold a fair amount of liquid and mess when I have an accident. I also find that the medical ones are significantly cheaper than the ABDL diapers. I probably going to stay medical.

Reactions: EcoIncon, Diprs2 and Edgewater
sledder23 said:
Similar to what most have stated, medical offerings or the all white versions have suited my overnight needs just fine. Daytime needs are handled with discrete yet absorbent medical diapers that no one notices.

Otherwise, just don’t feel the need to complicate my headspace or condition with that drama.

With the issues from Comfidry (losing supply), I will be using Abena. Aside wearing medical diapers, the white color seems fine. When I purchase Abena, they do show easily when wet. The color with black would be fine but they don't show if wet . I tried Megamax but first, if I really wet, I feel
an extreme bulge. Wear them for 8 hours? I simply change my usual Comfidry (~5 hours). For Megamax, I didn't like any of colors (black & purple).

Reactions: Diprs2, PaddedRita, sledder23 and 1 other person
newt said:
I generally prefer all white diapers. Not sure why, but I tried some of the colored megamaxes and still preferred the whites.

I do think all the printed ABDL diapers are a great option for those who want them. Even if you aren't ABDL, having different colors and prints can be great for people. I'm all for whatever adds joy to dealing with incontinence.

I have only "tried" ABDL diapers once. I put tried in quotes because I was dumb enough to let my stock of megamax run out and wouldnt get the new case for a few days. So I went on amazon and looked for whatever would come overnight.

The only ones that worked were ones with printed dinosaurs. As my fiance knows, Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies and my favorite book (Michael Crichton is my absolute favorite author). She had a BLAST teasing me about them. Not mean teasing or anything, just playful. Normally, whenever I need to change she is completely uninvolved, but for those 2 days she LOVED going to choose which dinosaur I put on next. Its probably the most we've laughed together about my incontinence.
WOW, in that case I would have ordered more if she helped and had a laugh about it too.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, PaddedRita, Edgewater and 1 other person
Angelapinks said:
WOW, in that case I would have ordered more if she helped and had a laugh about it too.
I probably would have if they fit me better! It was such a great way to breakdown the anxiety and awkwardness surrounding the issue and just laugh about it!

It was a perfect storm of her not knowing that ABDL diapers even existed and being so amused, the fact that I needed them because I ran out of my others, and the diapers being dinosaur themed.

Reactions: Diprs2, LilJenJen, Teddy02 and 2 others
A few years ago I reconciled my tendency towards ABDL, which, as a bedwetter, had given me such deep anxiety when I was younger. I was split between the love/hate relationship of nappies and my need for them. Once I discovered that laughing at my childishness and deciding to make it work for me I embraced ABDL nappies. If I wear colourful nappies I do not have a medical problem, I just have a childish problem that may or may not go away. I wonder how many people wear just white pants as against those that wear colourful ones? It’s the same for me, life is too short for dull undies!!! My only gripe is that I do wish they would make them more for an older demographic than babies.

Reactions: Soupsoup72, Diprs2, LilJenJen and 3 others
Okay I'm a bit of an oddball here. I was an abdl before becoming incontinent, so my first problem was mostly accepting that I now have to be in an adult headspace while still in diapers… and of course there was the fact that I now have to wear around the clock, that kinda upset me for a few weeks.
But here is the thing, medical designs made me feel bad, I can't say why, they just felt kinda wrong. It was like admitting to myself that I had no control anymore. So I went back to abdl diapers and opened up a lot more about my little side, after those slight changes I feel in control of my life again.
I know it's an odd take on things, but abdl diapers help me feel in charge of my life.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmberRaven, Diprs2 and Teddy02
We must credit the ABDL community for having prompted diaper manufacturers to design diapers with such useful functional improvements as higher absorbent capacities, higher internal standing leak guards, better leg gathers, etc. Were it not for the ABDL market many diapers now on the mainstream market would not be there.

Most diapers are purchased by institutions such as hospitals, retirement homes, nursing homes, etc. In many states laws require that diapers in such institutions must be changed at stated intervals, such as every three or four hours. This creates no incentive for manufacturers to create more absorbent diapers. This is one reason why the role of the ABDL community in the diaper market has been so important.

I am not ABDL, but as someone who is medically double incontinent, I enjoy highly absorbent premium diapers that have been developed over the past ten years. And yes, when the plain white version of my diapers are out of stock I do order the printed version.

--John

Reactions: Rob110, southeastlittle, MaxSyd and 7 others
Yes. about 6 years ago. I had read that Rearz (before they created the Incontrol company) diapers were great, so I bought a pack, and I loved them. Definitely bulkier than what I had been using, but still comfortable, and they worked incredibly well. They were all while, so I didn't really think of them as ABDL diapers, but I guess technically at the time they were. But in any case, I now use Incontrol diapers close to 100% of the time. I think they're fabulous. A bit expensive, for sure, but you get what you pay for.

Reactions: Diprs2
jdinvirginia said:
We must credit the ABDL community for having prompted diaper manufacturers to design diapers with such useful functional improvements as higher absorbent capacities, higher internal standing leak guards, better leg gathers, etc. Were it not for the ABDL market many diapers now on the mainstream market would not be there.
I must say that some are a bit truth. But I belief some of your post are not true. I think leak guards, better leg gathers and some capacity were for the IC group, not the ABDL community. They might help but I think it was IC people as a much larger group. For me, having one of these supper huge capacities, I still use normal medical diapers (like Comfidry 24/7, Abena and others) that are more better at 4 - 5 or 6 hours. And for sleeping, I still use my normal medical diapers and simply use a booster or two. The IC people is a larger group in the population.

Reactions: Diprs2, PaddedRita and Edgewater
pugglesmuggles said:
Hello, new here, but I wanted to ask this question of the community: Have any of you who are medically incontinent ever tried the typical "ABDL" type diapers?

Once I transitioned from pull-ups to diapers full-time to manage my urinary incontinence, I, as so many of us have, came across the AB/DL community online while researching. I don't have a problem with them at all- do whatever you like, yo. But I shopped around for good diapers, eventually settling on the Abena M-4 for cost and function, and I also tried the Northshore MegaMax but found it a bit excessive for my everyday needs.

However, mainly out of curiosity, I did purchase some of the ABDL diapers to try out (I think ABUniverse and Bambino brands) and let me say, they are some of the most comfortable and high-functioning diapers I have ever worn! More absorbent than Abenas, and the plastic backing is very comfortable to wear under clothing and at night. However... they are very noisy and noticeable. In addition, and this is just a me-thing, I can't get past the cartoonish prints- just doesn't feel right. But I'd happily wear a solid-white or solid-color version.

So what has been other people's experiences with this?
yes, i have tried them and wear them the majority of the times. these days there are many disposable diapers on the market to try. don't over look the ones that people classify as ABDL. these are some of the best diapers on the market. a diaper with prints can be viewed as just being playful. the only ones who will know you are wearing a printed diaper are the one who would see you in your underwear and that shouldn't be an issue because they would have to know you pretty well by that point. Also most of the ABDL retailers/manufacturer make their diapers in plain white or solid colors. there is nothing wrong with wearing an ABDL diaper its meaning is only what you give it. I have been Tykables brand for years because they fit me great and have the loop and hook fastener. Currently i truly like AB Universe little king. it is lite weight cloth back yet very absorbent doesn't wick through like the cloth back of the past. the prints never bothered me but if that is an issue all of these companies offer solid color diapers. don't judge a book by it cover so to speak

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, Angelapinks and 2 others
I’d be happy to find a solid-color-without-nursery-prints adult diaper with reliable hook-and-loop tabs. ABU Little Kings pique my curiosity BUT they don’t seem to be offered in an unprinted style. ☹️

Reactions: MaxSyd, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Everyday 24/7

Reactions: Edgewater
For this gal its just something different, fun and cute to wear for a change .
If you got to wear them just as soon wear some that fun and you enjoy !

• Love
Reactions: MsSara, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
Rita said:
For this gal its just something different, fun and cute to wear for a change .
If you got to wear them just as soon wear some that fun and you enjoy !
That is my feelings on the subject also. One of the reasons I bought some printed diapers recently was just something different for a change. I did love the starfish fishy print with under sea theme for a change instead of just white but I do love shiny white plastic diapers mainly. I might order some Northshore pink diapers to tap into my girly side as I have not worn pink panties since my problem got worse.

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita, Edgewater and Diprs2
I suppose I fall into both categories. I'm incontinent at night (enuresis) and I'm a Diaper Lover. I'm not into ageplay or "AB" though. I love thick plastic backed diapers, but I don't like the prints. Something about them makes me uncomfortable. A plain white diaper just feels "right" to me.

Reactions: Alexande, Constantlydamp, AUG168 and 3 others
I'm the same way about that I have incontinence, ensures and day time overflow. I hear people say they suffer from bed wetting. Suffering is choice I chose not to. I think beeing a diaper lover is a coping mechanism to the need . An abdl diapers are just diapers. It's not a big deal. It's just a diaper. Abdl diapers are really good made in highest quality .

Reactions: Dinotopian2002, Teddy02 and Wetshisbed
Angelapinks said:
That is my feelings on the subject also. One of the reasons I bought some printed diapers recently was just something different for a change. I did love the starfish fishy print with under sea theme for a change instead of just white but I do love shiny white plastic diapers mainly. I might order some Northshore pink diapers to tap into my girly side as I have not worn pink panties since my problem got worse.

Hi YA Anglelapinks

That what so nice about all those different kind of diaper now !
A person can be picky & chose what they like to wear !!

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and Angelapinks
During the day, Attends, at night the Rears brand keeps my bed dry

Reactions: Angelapinks, Edgewater and Neroforte
There's so many different kinds and brands of diapers now that i barely make the distinction between 'medical and 'abdl' diapers anymore to be honest, abdl diapers are pretty much the same construction as medical ones anyway, except thicker : )
Daytime i'll stick to the more 'medical' style though, specially in summer as frequent changes do help keep the skin healthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks, Neroforte and Edgewater
Back