Anyone care to explain what I experienced???

quartz200420012

Diaper Historian
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey guys,

I wanted to ask y'all this because of your vast knowledge of legit incontinence.

First, throughout my life before the age of 15 I had constipation issues. Twice it got so bad that I had to go to the hospital for treatment.

When I was 13, I started football in 7th grade. During the off season that summer something happened. I started to randomly loose bowel control during the day. Essentially I'd pass gas, but a good amount of fecal matter would come out instead. It mainly happened during calisthenics(not weightlifting). Eventually it progressed to the point where I'd go to sleep at night and wake up with soiled underwear (through my entire 8th grade year). I even remember needing to steal one of my mothers panty liners to hide the problem, which really sucked.

My parents thought I just was careless with wiping. I was worried that when I started high school, that it would be a problem because I planned to be on the swim team. Mysteriously though the problem just went away as quickly as it started.

Any ideas? It's always bugged me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: ryanbailey and Diprs2
Your football involvement may have negatively affected your spine by affecting your nerves. Chiropractors and others here with spinal problems can provide more detail. Weight lifting is another way to affect the spine negatively. When I watch TV shows like "Wipeout!", I have to wonder how many young people injure themselves permanently in these activities.

Reactions: quartz200420012, Fleetwoodmac32192, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
As stated by my friend above, it is far more common to suffer a spinal problem that becomes an IC issue. It is why it is so important that one see their doctor when IC occurs! As a child, it is understandable to not want to tell your parents. But, that could have easily become a permanent problem. You Got Lucky!!

Why it started and why it stopped is an unknown as there are so many possible reasons including a slight shift of the spine that placed pressure on the spinal cord. Point again: You Got Lucky!!

Stepping out on a limb; it 'is' possible for it to happen again.

Your choice, but I would recommend that you look into strengthening your lower back and move away from activities that are detrimental to the good health of your spine!

slimjiminy said:
Your football involvement may have negatively affected your spine by affecting your nerves. Chiropractors and others here with spinal problems can provide more detail. Weight lifting is another way to affect the spine negatively. When I watch TV shows like "Wipeout!", I have to wonder how many young people injure themselves permanently in these activities.
Holy crap. I really never thought of that.

In regards to football, its a shame...because all boys were pretty much forced to play.

Reactions: Napincolove
quartz200420012 said:
Holy crap. I really never thought of that.

In regards to football, its a shame...because all boys were pretty much forced to play.
I enjoy watching football but it is an extremely rough game. Stock car racing is safer!

Reactions: Edgewater
quartz200420012 said:
Hey guys,

I wanted to ask y'all this because of your vast knowledge of legit incontinence.

First, throughout my life before the age of 15 I had constipation issues. Twice it got so bad that I had to go to the hospital for treatment.

When I was 13, I started football in 7th grade. During the off season that summer something happened. I started to randomly loose bowel control during the day. Essentially I'd pass gas, but a good amount of fecal matter would come out instead. It mainly happened during calisthenics(not weightlifting). Eventually it progressed to the point where I'd go to sleep at night and wake up with soiled underwear (through my entire 8th grade year). I even remember needing to steal one of my mothers panty liners to hide the problem, which really sucked.

My parents thought I just was careless with wiping. I was worried that when I started high school, that it would be a problem because I planned to be on the swim team. Mysteriously though the problem just went away as quickly as it started.

Any ideas? It's always bugged me.

Thanks!
With some minor medical background here I can tell you my first thought was this could be caused by a fecal impaction. If a person is very constipated it can cause a fecal impaction. A symptom of this ironicly can be diarrhea as the liquid part might be all that can pass around the built up matter that is not able to be passed. Not sure if this was the case for you but that was my first thought given what I’ve seen

ryanbailey said:
With some minor medical background here I can tell you my first thought was this could be caused by a fecal impaction. If a person is very constipated it can cause a fecal impaction. A symptom of this ironicly can be diarrhea as the liquid part might be all that can pass around the built up matter that is not able to be passed. Not sure if this was the case for you but that was my first thought given what I’ve seen
I was never impacted only because I knew what that felt like. I had normal bowel movements when I was at home. What would cause me to loose control were things like squatting, straining or coughing. It wasn't like a "shart" either, because when I would run to the bathroom and sit on the toilet, I'd pass the rest of the stool.

and when I said about waking up with soiled underwear, I'm talking about a fairly good amount of stool

Reactions: ryanbailey
Back