Any stories/advice for being diapered whilst doing adult stuff out in public?

Babyboye

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've been wearing on and off at home for months now and thinking of taking the next step which is to wear diapers or nappies when out in public.
Does anyone have any anecdotes from being diapered out and about? they can be embarrassing or joyful or advice :)

Reactions: Lillogan18, Seasonedcitizen, Lyric and 1 other person
Just wear pants over it and try to act normally ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: siysiy, todderhr, Seasonedcitizen and 6 others
Usually in jeans and a t shirt with a regular shirt over untucked. As far as I know no one has ever noticed. Or cares.

Reactions: duckling, todderhr, Lillogan18 and 5 others
KindaOlde said:
Usually in jeans and a t shirt with a regular shirt over untucked. As far as I know no one has ever noticed. Or cares.
that's great advice. I have the fear that people will notice and may laugh

Reactions: medfet878
People have more important things to do than analyze the profiles of pants. As Kindaolde said, no one cares, so be respectful and have fun :D

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, AJFan2020, KindaOlde and 4 others
that's true :)

Reactions: medfet878
So, firstly, great to hear you enjoying your nappies! You will definately feel like your nappy waddle is more obvious than it is, but most people won't be paying attention and it's usually just the worry about being found out. I'd recommend dark coloured trousers in case of a leak and a onesie if you have one to keep your nappy held up.

One time, I was wearing when meeting up with another abdl and I was still getting used to what the limits of my nappy were, and ended up with some minor leaks which was a little embarrassing, but good, dark coloured jeans kept that discrete. Definately leant my lesson- don't be afraid to pack a change for meets!

But just wearing to the park and stuff is great fun and such a confidence boost! Let us know how it goes! :)

Reactions: Deleted member 39193
I would agree with the above advice. Long sweater or jacket if it's cold. Trending now are cargo/work trousers/pants, also easy to hide a nappy/diaper under. Works for abdl nappies too if not soaking.

thanks for your supportive message! yeah great advice about bringing a change and dark trousers. Learning from experience although hard at the time is often the most enduring way of learning.
Out of interest, with your profile and Scottish (?) hills in the background, do you ever hike with nappies? and if so, any thoughts there?
BenNevis said:
So, firstly, great to hear you enjoying your nappies! You will definately feel like your nappy waddle is more obvious than it is, but most people won't be paying attention and it's usually just the worry about being found out. I'd recommend dark coloured trousers in case of a leak and a onesie if you have one to keep your nappy held up.

One time, I was wearing when meeting up with another abdl and I was still getting used to what the limits of my nappy were, and ended up with some minor leaks which was a little embarrassing, but good, dark coloured jeans kept that discrete. Definately leant my lesson- don't be afraid to pack a change for meets!

But just wearing to the park and stuff is great fun and such a confidence boost! Let us know how it goes! :)

• Love
Reactions: BenNevis
ah I hadn't thought of cargo pants! nice and baggy

Babyboye said:
thanks for your supportive message! yeah great advice about bringing a change and dark trousers. Learning from experience although hard at the time is often the most enduring way of learning.
Out of interest, with your profile and Scottish (?) hills in the background, do you ever hike with nappies? and if so, any thoughts there?
Ah no worries at all! Always nice to have new people making friends here!

Actually, I'm from down south, definately no big hills here! And while I haven't hiked with nappies, I tend to find they're not that practical when you need to do a lot of walking. There are things you can do to help yourself, like choosing a thinner nappy, or using a onesie to reduce rubbing but I perfer to wear for little time. Though having a bit of padding in my step going about my day is certainly a plus!

Reactions: ItsTimmyTime
nice. I only ask because I'm from down south too but have spent a lot of time in the highlands. Hadn't thought to wear diapers when hiking as I feel that practicality and packing space sometimes has to take precedent sadly 😖 Maybe will be able to try it out sometime. It will certainly make toilet stops less awkward!

I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants whenever I leave home. During the day, wear jeans or sweatpants and shorts during the summer. Just make sure they are loose enough for you to feel comfortable. We dine out often to nice places and I wear dressy trousers and shirts. During the day my shirts are worn untucked. At night they are usually tucked in but also wear a sweater or coat. Some guys wear compression shorts over their diapers to keep them better hidden. I don't and prefer the looser feel of my diapers and rubber pants under my pants. Just have fun, wet yourself as much as you want and don't worry about others. They won't notice. No one but us looks for others who wear diapers.

Reactions: CLPP, Babyboye, abjr and 2 others
Babyboye said:
I've been wearing on and off at home for months now and thinking of taking the next step which is to wear diapers or nappies when out in public.
Does anyone have any anecdotes from being diapered out and about? they can be embarrassing or joyful or advice :)
I wore shorts that I knew were big enough to cover it and make it not very obvious and my shirt was left untucked. I was very conscious of any possible sound but I doubt anyone noticed. Unless your diaper is loaded and making a huge lumpy I doubt anyone will notice.

Reactions: Lyric and Babyboye
I'm a very occasional wearer in the great outdoors and quickly discovered that walking any distance is uncomfortable and likely to lead to chafing. Briefs work better than boxers in the same context (although today's boxer briefs may well work as well as briefs. Certainly when I did the West Highland Way a few years ago.
I have worn on the odd trip to the supermarket and when riding a bicycle where the padding can help reduce any tenderness - if there are no shock absorbers on the cycle! The best place to wear has undoubtedly been to the cinema where I could enjoy a decent sized drink and not miss any of the longer films. A longer coat helps hide a bigger bum on exit and a onsie definitely helps keep the nappy snug.
Longer car trips when on my own are another ideal place to wear.

Last edited:
Babyboye said:
that's great advice. I have the fear that people will notice and may laugh
Just wear a thin discrete diaper.

I would recommend a diaper cover! In control has some great plain black and white ones that contain my leaks super good. I also found wearing biker shorts or yoga shorts over my diapers keeps it from sagging to much (also a onesie will help) and more importantly the shorts I tuck up into my thighs so I don’t get chaffing while I walk around. I hope I see you waddling around!

Reactions: Ceary and Seasonedcitizen
Always have on a dry diaper when you leave for a while. Wear baggy clothes to hide any outline. No one looks or cares. Enjoy yourself.

I've always been IC. It's about how we live our lives. The question was about how to doing "adult stuff out in public." To be honest they're adult stuff in public that I do everyday. Being IC (while being diapered) doesn't stop me from whatever I like. It never stopped me. Being diaper dependent doesn't define me. As for what I do, I'm active (tennis, softball, golf and kayaking along with walking and biking). I work, I have a girlfriend and stay active. I love my family. I go to church. I wear diapers. Nothing stops me. As for advice, wear a quality diaper. Loose clothes. Enjoy yourself.

Reactions: Teddy02, KindaOlde and Ceary
BenNevis said:

Good advice! For the first time ever I actually wore a nappy out to an office visit today as I didn’t want to interrupt my few days of wearing, only a Tena Maxi under boxer briefs and jeans and I made sure that I stayed dry! As such, it was I think pretty much invisible.

However, if I do venture out for a walk with a nappy on, I’ll wear my back jeans - just in case! 😊

Reactions: BenNevis and LePew
Back