Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalGeometry

Rock & Stone!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Starset is hands down my favourite band of all time. I love their narrative style of songwriting and they have been the jumping off point for most of my musical inspiration as well as most of the music I listen to. However, I've never actually met anyone who has even just heard of Starset, let alone is a fan of them, so I wanted to ask here.

If you are a fan of Starset, I'd be interested in your album ranking, and favourite song. Here's mine:
1. Vessels. The acoustic recordings from Vessels 2.0 are what got me into Starset in the first place. I love the sound of that entire album. All amazing songs, and I especially like their cover of Love You To Death.
2. Transmissions. Similarly to Vessels, I love the acoustic recordings from the deluxe version. It's also the original so it's cool to see the evolution of the band from it.
3. Horizons. Their latest (at time of posting) album just blew me away. No deluxe version as of yet so I can't put it higher (those acoustics are so damn good!) but I particularly like the back half of the album. Some amazing songs there.
4. Divisions. I hear this is a common take to like Divisions less. I just find it falls off towards the middle of the album. It also definitely suffers from being the shortest album, but despite that songs like Other Worlds Than These and Diving Bell are phenomenal.

My favourite song has got to be Something Wicked. Last track of Horizons and they just blew me away. It's so cinematic and dynamic, and such a unique piece for the band. It's inspired me to write my own songs in a similar style. I just love that song to bits. I could listen to it for hours on end without getting bored. It was so unexpected that it took me by surprise with an unrelenting assault of originality on my eardrums.

I like starset!

denimchicken said:
I like starset!
YES!!!

What about your favourite albums / songs? And have you ever been to see them live?

I would have to say my favorite singles are:
Demons
Carnivore
Monster

I haven't seen them live, what about you?

denimchicken said:
I would have to say my favorite singles are:
Demons
Carnivore
Monster

I haven't seen them live, what about you?
I haven't seen them live either. They came to the UK for Horizons a couple of years ago but unfortunately I wasn't able to. However they are touring the US in April and May this year. I probably can't come to the US to see them, so I hope they come to Europe again soon. I have heard great things about their tours, so if you're able to go and see them I'd recommend it.

I love those three songs too. I'd probably add on to my list of favourites:
Last to Fall
It Has Begun
Where The Skies End
Tunnelvision
And Something Wicked as mentioned before.

Last edited:
Reactions: denimchicken
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back