Any ideas on how to regress/get into the headspace in significant distress?

WOLFPUBBY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Carer
Without going into too much unneeded detail, I am in a very volatile uncomfortable living situation + have preexisting mental illness that is exacerbated by my circumstances and makes everyday functioning difficult. Regression and ABDL stuff is usually my main coping mechanism, but I've found it harder to not have my mind find it satirical or to get into the headspace the more upset and unmotivated I become.. Is it a lost cause, or are there any certain things that help you guys get into the headspace?

Usually I will put cartoons on, and it does help me regress to some degree, but then it's impure and I feel like a sad little kid which is...arguably worse :<

For me at least, when I don't slip into the headspace due to distress, I find it helps to shut off distractions... close curtains, lock doors, turn off internet devices, things like that.

Reactions: BBBen and WOLFPUBBY
this is not an easy answer. in my experience going into your AB/little side can't be forces it just has to happen, and stress and anxiety can be reduced to a minimum by your AB side however it can also do the opposite and block it. i deal with very major mental health along with a host of other issues having a strong little side and allowing myself to embrace it does wonders for me. my little side is always there just with certain things and activities it is triggered full force. this side of me has it mild to wild elements and the full on little can happen whenever and wherever. my little side isn't all happy and fun it truly has a sad side with hurt feelings that is part of it. i have found doing something i like and having fun bring about the best chance of my little side shining through, but there are no guarantees it will. i think your emotional state at the times plays a big role in whether you can fully express whatever part of you at a given time. if possible try removing yourself from the situation or surrounding causing you stress, anxiety, sadness, and pain even if just temporary and focus on an activity you enjoy and that can be anything and don't beat yourself up if your AB side doesn't fully appear. i hope you find your AB side

Take care of your adult problems first. Don't unfairly burden your little self with adult nonsense.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Tommy10, BBBen, WOLFPUBBY and 1 other person
Sometimes the more you try to do something, the harder it is to do. Like using diapers at first lol
Perhaps try forgetting about trying to regress for a little bit, you might find you ‘accidentally’ regress!

Reactions: am1248, BBBen and WOLFPUBBY
LittleAndAlone said:
Take care of your adult problems first. Don't unfairly burden your little self with adult nonsense.
Thats better said then done. But iam 100 percent with you @LittleAndAlone. Thats also my problem in stress times. But some things couldnt reduced and sometimes you had to go through things feeled like a death valley. And then little side began to cry, because it didnt get the time it needs if adult needs to big. Then you have even more stress, because the little in you feels neglected. How to balance that?

BBBen said:
Thats better said then done. But iam 100 percent with you @LittleAndAlone. Thats also my problem in stress times. But some things couldnt reduced and sometimes you had to go through things feeled like a death valley. And then little side began to cry, because it didnt get the time it needs if adult needs to big. Then you have even more stress, because the little in you feels neglected. How to balance that?
Little or big I've always been a "get my sh** done no matter what, nothing gonna stop me, if the world burns it burns" kind of person. Maybe too easy for me.

Last edited:
Back