Anxiety

Kashmir

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
How do you deal with anxiety. I have a good job its just stressful and dealing with past as well how do you kill anxiety in hard situations or general life?

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Rainbow
Anxiety sucks
having a good support system with friends and family helps
Seeing a therapist / doctor is very beneficial.
I wear diapers for IC but I also wear them because they help me cope with my anxiety and ptsd
it's like my shield & security blanket. With it on I feel ok.

Reactions: littlefun, smnapp, Jorelaxed and 2 others
I have therapy but to be honest I’ve had more anxiety since starting therapy. I learn ways to cope with it, sometimes I have anxiety meds, other times I will vape CBD flowers as they are legal where I’m from. Other times I put peaceful music on or meditate (I wish I meditated more)

I’ve had anxiety and panic attacks since I was 14 or so and that was some time ago.

Reactions: Rainbow and PaddedRita
It took some time when I was first had to starting wearing to deal with nervousness and all anxiety.
Once I got a custom to wearing it doesn't really bother me anymore, plus no one really cares all that much out and about in the public .

Reactions: Rainbow
I just make a list of goals and prioritize and hyper focus on what I want next and god help anyone who gets in my way or tries to interfere. Once my mind is set on it's task I will not be stopped. Abuse my strengths and advantages where I can to leap ahead, brute force any deficiency where I can't and trudge through. But once I've decided I want something it's going to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed and Rainbow
I have had anxiety disorders essentially for my entire life. Things that can help include therapy, figuring out triggers and common patterns for your anxiety, as well as figuring out which anxiety-reducing tactics work for you. Having a support group, even if it’s just your close friends, that you can speak with about these feelings, and also setting aside time so you can properly rest and recover from spells of anxiety, are beneficial.
I am also medicated for anxiety which can help if you are open to that. Just a general bit of research on anxiety and the kind you are feeling can help you understand it better as a whole. Stay strong! It’s not an easy thing to have to deal with at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyric, littleph0enix and Rainbow
I suffer from anxiety

One tool I use is to look around me and find something beautiful to look at. Something I may not have noticed if I was trapped in my head. Anxiety is mostly the fear of something in the future, this trick helps to bring me back to the present.

Reactions: smnapp, Jorelaxed and Sapphyre
Ugh my every day is moderate to severe anxiety that meds barely touch …. I have ativan for the severe panic attacks but very limited use since they can be additive. therapy with someone who you feel safe with - essential and learned a lot about myself but it’s still there, just moves from situation to situation. To keep at bay I do daily - meditation, ARDR (similar to EMDR but can do at home, helps me work through past emotions/trauma), gratitude practise, affirmations, stretches. Then 3-5 times a week I do epsom salt baths, exercise/yoga, journalling, energy shield practise (I have empath tendencies so being around people I pick up on energy and it drains me). and daily I NEED alone time that is silent (noise cancelling ear muffs) so I can touch base with my emotions and see if I missed any to process. Still is just as disabling as my chronic pain because I get overwhelmed and shut down when I really need to voice what I need.

I’ve had therapy and meds for it, I have to try and focus really hard to put things into perspective. I just got a really good job but I’ve specifically told them I need Fridays of, I need to sit and sort myself out. I also do have a benefit of being able to ring them up and say I can’t work anymore today and they sort it out. They know about my anxiety plus other difficulties and have made allowances for it! I also have breaks during the day that’s technically to collect my daughter from school, but I use that down time to sit and just be me for a little weather I cuddle with my partner/mummy or just have my dummy for a while or I have a lie down I have some time just to decompress

Last edited:
Reactions: smnapp and Jorelaxed
1. talking to a therapist
2. cognitive training
3. medication
4. diapers

Reactions: smnapp, Jorelaxed and lilbabyjooce
Therapy, meds, and personal time are key to helping me keep my anxiety under control. I was feeling very frustrated with several things earlier this week. This was pushing my anxiety up higher that it’s been in a while. A good talk with my therapist brought me back down. I think just verbalizing my feelings with her was the key to the relief I felt afterwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed
Kashmir said:
how do you kill anxiety in hard situations or general life?
Drinking

My anxiety is moderate. I'm IC and sometimes when I know I might be getting the danger area for a leak it kind of gets me anxious. But it's not that bad. I use Abena (medical diaper) and a booster so I'm good. Doesn't hurt plastic pants and fixation shorts (reduce bulge).

Back