Status
Not open for further replies.

Neephy

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Anyone else have anxiety around bedtime?... Feeling extra nervous about it rn.
So for a bit more context I overactive bladder that with high stress can be become minor incontinence and mixing ny ptsd nightmares can lead to occasionally bed wetting... So for multiple reasons i have a lot of worries about going to bed... I don't think I'm the only who experiences something this so i figured I'd reach out for some support.
I'm just looking for people who can relate and some validation not really solutions. I am in therapy and treatment for my ptsd and related issues, and see a urologist for my bladder issues so I don't need advice about doctors.

The danagers of dragging your nervousness /stress into your sleep is what you are seeing, poor sleep habits and little to no sleep!

YES, I know, easy to say. But your therapist should have already provided you technics.

If you are here for validation: Yup! thousands are doing the samething. But that will not allow yourself to sleep only rap you head further around what you have been doing in the past.

YES. I know, not what you wanted, but!?!?

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeke
Edgewater said:
The danagers of dragging your nervousness /stress into your sleep is what you are seeing, poor sleep habits and little to no sleep!

YES, I know, easy to say. But your therapist should have already provided you technics.

If you are here for validation: Yup! thousands are doing the samething. But that will not allow yourself to sleep only rap you head further around what you have been doing in the past.

So you assumed a lot and even if you were correct, you seems very uninformed.

Providing technics doesn't mean they work perfectly nor does it actually change the issues the nightmares trigger just how well i cope after the fact. There is no quick and dirty cure for complex ptsd just years of trauma therapy to treat it and the bladder issues have affected me my whole life, never as full incontinence, but as overactive bladder and difficulty holding... Stress just doesn't pair well with either which is why i apply skills to the best of my abilities.

also yes anxiety builds but The danger of dragging my nervous/stress into sleep... You say it like i lay awake at night choosing to do nothing but linger on it... It's not a choice I'm making it is an emotional reaction. It doesn't change that i get anxious..

I also never said i refuse to sleep or can't sleep not every person with anxiety has insomnia from it, even those serve anxiety.

Also what do you think I've been doing in the past that you jumped to conclusions about?

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater
Neephy said:
So you assumed a lot and even if you were correct, you seems very uninformed.

Providing technics doesn't mean they work perfectly nor does it actually change the issues the nightmares trigger just how well i cope after the fact. There is no quick and dirty cure for complex ptsd just years of trauma therapy to treat it and the bladder issues have affected me my whole life, never as full incontinence, but as overactive bladder and difficulty holding... Stress just doesn't pair well with either which is why i apply skills to the best of my abilities.

also yes anxiety builds but The danger of dragging my nervous/stress into sleep... You say it like i lay awake at night choosing to do nothing but linger on it... It's not a choice I'm making it is an emotional reaction. It doesn't change that i get anxious..

I also never said i refuse to sleep or can't sleep not every person with anxiety has insomnia from it, even those serve anxiety.

Also what do you think I've been doing in the past that you jumped to conclusions about?
I think this gentleman is just trying to help you... you dont need to jump down his throat.

You after all came here seeking some advice, he tried to give you some. If it was not what you were looking for perhaps you should be abit more patient until someone comes around with something you think is of value. In the mean time perhaps you should not lash out at someone who is genuinely trying to offer you some empathy and help, even if "YOU" think it is presumptive and worthless.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater and Zeke
littlemoosey said:
I think this gentleman is just trying to help you... you dont need to jump down his throat.

You after all came here seeking some advice, he tried to give you some. If it was not what you were looking for perhaps you should be abit more patient until someone comes around with something you think is of value. In the mean time perhaps you should not lash out at someone who is genuinely trying to offer you some empathy and help, even if "YOU" think it is presumptive and worthless.
My.tone might have come across.wrong my word choice tends to sucks i might have mistook his but i read as him lecturing me about my "choices" with sleep while taking a lot of liberties with the details.

but also i am trying to present more information not just attack him for it

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Edgewater
The only anxiety I have is when sleeping away from home. I wet heavily in my sleep and always worry if My nappy will keep the bed dry. At home I don't worry about a wet bed.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Kai, Edgewater and 2 others
Edgewater said:

First off as a fellow have trouble with sleep person, just because you are told a technique does not mean it will work. I have been give a million techniques to try for sleeping yet none have worked. Just because you have anxiety or fear about something does mean it affects your sleeping. The poster is stating they have a fear of what happens when they go to sleep not actual trouble sleeping.
littlemoosey said:

There was no actual empathy in that post. It was basically saying “it is your own damn fault you are having trouble” empathy would have been “I am sorry you are dealing with this, many people feel the same way” maybe even adding here are some things that may help.

You accuse the poster of lashing out however that is exactly what you just did. The poster seems frustrated because the first commenter basically missed the whole point of what the post was. Maybe response was harsh but I would have been frustrated as well at that first comment as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neephy and Edgewater
Kai said:
First off as a fellow have trouble with sleep person, just because you are told a technique does not mean it will work. I have been give a million techniques to try for sleeping yet none have worked. Just because you have anxiety or fear about something does mean it affects your sleeping. The poster is stating they have a fear of what happens when they go to sleep not actual trouble sleeping.

There was no actual empathy in that post. It was basically saying “it is your own damn fault you are having trouble” empathy would have been “I am sorry you are dealing with this, many people feel the same way” maybe even adding here are some things that may help.

You accuse the poster of lashing out however that is exactly what you just did. The poster seems frustrated because the first commenter basically missed the whole point of what the post was. Maybe response was harsh but I would have been frustrated as well at that first comment as well.

Really, falling asleep reduces overall amount of sleep. A+B=longer sleep! And you appear to to jumping even higher! Pot calling the Frying Pan thing. Enjoy

Wetshisbed said:
The only anxiety I have is when sleeping away from home. I wet heavily in my sleep and always worry if My nappy will keep the bed dry. At home I don't worry about a wet bed.
Thank you for sharing some of your story <3, appreciate you taking the time to add on to this. our stories may be very different but It's actually helps to know others struggles, to better deal with my own <3. It's nice to not feel alone

Edgewater said:
Really, falling asleep reduces overall amount of sleep. A+B=longer sleep! And you appear to to jumping even higher! Pot calling the Frying Pan thing. Enjoy
Well I was trying to stay more impartial hence why I didn’t start off with oh this is my friend and used language such as “the poster.”

I have gotten to know the poster over the last few months and have talked about this topic with them. So first off I am not assuming anything. They never said it takes them a long time to fall asleep. They are talking about a fear of what happens in their sleep, not it keeping them awake.

I was trying to just point out to you that just because you have been given techniques of how to work on things doesn’t mean it works. If all the techniques worked then no one would have fear or anxiety or stress.

And as far as assuming there is no empathy In Your post, I am correct your word choice was not showing empathy. You were very accusatory in your word choice. People come here for support and everyone here but one person lambasted them for having a fear. Then when they tried to explain they got harassed even more. That was in no way helpful and makes it seem as if no one actually gets the point of the original post.

Reactions: Neephy and Edgewater
Edgewater said:
Really, falling asleep reduces overall amount of sleep. A+B=longer sleep!
I'm guessing you mean that if you have a certain amount of time until you need to wake up, the longer it takes you to fall asleep, the less time you have to actually sleep, which is certainly true but it's also something that everyone with difficulty sleeping getting to sleep is aware of and I'm not sure dwelling on this fact necessarily helps if the reason you have trouble getting to sleep is in part anxiety about getting to sleep.

Reactions: Edgewater and Neephy
For the others arguing in this thread, was said has been said enough please, unless it actually has anything to do with supporting each other please drop it. If we need to voice issues and vent about community discourse at this point can we do it elsewhere? This is just derailing the thread.

Also this thread has nothing to with not being able to sleep, it is about my fear of sleeping due to my incontinence issues which is also feed into by my ptsd. And just looking for people who can relate because that's all i need...

Reactions: Edgewater and Jorelaxed
May your issues subside as your comfort with your diaper, plastic pants and bed pad contain any and all leaks as a dry bed will demonstrate. Your ptsd nightmares are in the hands of you and your therapist. May you be successful.

Reactions: littlemoosey
Locking this now, as I agree with OP that enough has been said.

Reactions: Neephy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back