Am i ok?

Littlebabyd

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I rarely need to get up to pee during the night but during the day I pee like mad even after only drinking my coffee. Am I becoming ic?

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed and Edgewater
Likely not at this point in your life!

Sounds more like your Kidneys are working very well and that you seem to be well hydrated. So how often do you pee during the day. Seems that your morning coffee is followed by your morning pee. There are normal rates depending on what you are using to hydrate yourself. At most you should confirm if you are fully emptying your bladder each time when you are peeing, That would likely be handled by a Urologist

Last edited:
Reactions: sfsjca and Diprs2
Caffeine irritates the bladder which is why drinking coffee increases the need to pee, it’s perfectly normal. It’s also normal not to pee much at night, most people release a hormone which reduces urine input overnight, and it’s also not unusual to therefore need to pee more in the morning once your kidneys start producing urine again.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed, Rusher and 1 other person
Just wish that was my case. Seems I tend to go a lot more at night.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Rusher said:
It could be early stages of OAB or if you’re on any medications it could be related to one of those too.

But depending on how frequently you need to go it may just be normal.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Rusher
Might be I seem to have always gone a lot at night and early in the morning.

If you go off the amount I'm told I should catheterise my self in a day it's about 6 times so my guess is that the normal functioning bladder will pee on average about 6 times a day

Reactions: Diprs2
If you have started peeing a lot more than before, you might get yourself checked for diabetes; before I was diagnosed I couldn't go two hours without going potty, along with being really tired after eating.

I have been checked just recently. My overactive bladder is worse and I have three discs that are bulging that could be adding pressure. Thanks though that was my first though

Rusher said:
I have been checked just recently. My overactive bladder is worse and I have three discs that are bulging that could be adding pressure. Thanks though that was my first though
I have over the years kept a Journal regarding my wetting and use it as a discussion when I meet with my medical team as the question regarding any changes is a standard question and reference it is of great help!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Rusher
I do the same thing

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater
Sissybabykatie said:
It could be early stages of OAB or if you’re on any medications it could be related to one of those too.

But depending on how frequently you need to go it may just be normal.

I just realized that Rusher is not the OP of this thread but my comment applies OP as well.

No problem and thanks

Pongoandperdi15 said:
If you go off the amount I'm told I should catheterise my self in a day it's about 6 times so my guess is that the normal functioning bladder will pee on average about 6 times a day
If it is like 6 times a day, then i should get checked. I go like 8 or 9 times in like 4 hours while and if I have a bottle of water, forget it, i am running to the bathroom every 15 min while I am at work and i work in a warehouse. I pray i catch the feeling in time and hope my forklift would be fast enough to get me there.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: queerpeanut, Edgewater and Diprs2
Ok so Google says the average is between 6-7 times in 24 hours depending on how much you are drinking and a healthy adult should be drinking around 1.5 to 2ltrs of fluid a day. I can tell you now I will wake up and catheterise remove 700ml from my bladder at 7:00am by 9:00am even if I've only drank a cup of coffee which are what 250/300ml my bladder will be at 500ml again when cathed nothing unusual I'm just awake and kidney function has resumed full swing. A healthy bladder should hold about 300ml to a maximum of 400ml of urine during the day if you only pee small amounts you may have overactive bladder or the other end of the spectrum retention issues like my self where I can only pee 100ml or so by pushing. If you suffer from any complications it's always best to talk to a urologist as they and only they can complete the appropriate tests to figure out what is going on with your bladder.

jpart13 said:
If it is like 6 times a day, then i should get checked. I go like 8 or 9 times in like 4 hours while and if I have a bottle of water, forget it, i am running to the bathroom every 15 min while I am at work and i work in a warehouse. I pray i catch the feeling in time and hope my forklift would be fast enough to get me there.
Plain water goes through me quicker than any other beverage, for some reason.

Reactions: queerpeanut, Edgewater and Diprs2
jpart13 said:
If all you stated is correct, you need to be adding a Urologist to your Medical Team, ASAP!! You meet the standard classification of Incontinence.

AttilaThePun said:
Plain water goes through me quicker than any other beverage, for some reason.
Plain water that is at or near room temperature is by design quickly moves though our body, rapidly replaces existing and cleared by the Kidneys' and onto the Bladder. Colder or Hotter water takes a bit longer as does other types of liquids.

Reactions: AttilaThePun
Edgewater said:
Plain water that is at or near room temperature is by design quickly moves though our body, rapidly replaces existing and cleared by the Kidneys' and onto the Bladder. Colder or Hotter water takes a bit longer as does other types of liquids.
My grandfather used to joke that lemonade and beer go through the body quickly because they don't have to change color! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: EcoIncon, slimjiminy and Edgewater
Rusher said:
I pee more at night. I always have

Reactions: Edgewater
Back