Am I developing incontinence?

Babypat96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I was one day walking around town and I had the urge to pee I run around and no o bathroom in site and I can hardly hold it and pee a bit on my pants when trying to adjust my fly on my jeans and i run across town to the nearest coffee shop and when Im not wearing a diaper I cant hold it very long and barely make it I feel much better when I wear but sometime it leaks

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaLugia, PadPhilosopher and ILuvDiapers
Quite possibly? Sounds like you could have urge incontinence, or possibly stress, or a combination of both?

If it is worrying you then it is probably a good idea to raise it with your Gp/Dr who can usually carry out some basic flow tests, UTI dip tests and in some instances an ultrasound scan of your bladder. If they feel that it necessary.

More importantly though if they suspect something, then they will refer you onto a urologist for further tests.

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaLugia, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 1 other person
Babypat96 said:
I was one day walking around town and I had the urge to pee I run around and no o bathroom in site and I can hardly hold it and pee a bit on my pants when trying to adjust my fly on my jeans and i run across town to the nearest coffee shop and when Im not wearing a diaper I cant hold it very long and barely make it I feel much better when I wear but sometime it leaks
I’ve had similar issues when I go out without a diaper. I’ve had to wear diapers when I go out almost always at this point. If not, then I’d have the same issue as you. Have you had incontinence for awhile or is this newer??

• Thinking
Reactions: MegaLugia, Edgewater and ILuvDiapers
I have had it where I need to pee and no bathroom in site. By time I find one ,while I'm unzipping my pants I start to pee uncontrollably all over my self.

• Sad
Reactions: MegaLugia, Edgewater and ILuvDiapers
I believe you would be better served by having your MD refer you to a Urologist as what you are describing appears to be linked to some form of Incontinence. Understand that we are not allowed to provide specific medical advice as part of ADISC.

It is important to understand that those who are in fact IC, see their Medical Team at a minimum of once a year because IC is an indicator of the onset or worsening of organ(s) failure or illness and the loss of that indicator is a serious concern. Hence, our interest in having that scheduled medical review.

Reactions: MegaLugia and PadPhilosopher
Pantyman said:
I have had it where I need to pee and no bathroom in site. By time I find one ,while I'm unzipping my pants I start to pee uncontrollably all over my self.
That's really not good. Just wear a diaper or pull up and save yourself the embarrassment. If you are concerned you are becoming incontinent? Go see your Dr, they are there to help you, and they have seen it all before. (y) Incontinence is not something to ever feel embarrassed about. We all have to pee, just some of us do it in padding. No big deal really, in the grand scheme of things!

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, MegaLugia, Edgewater and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
I believe you would be better served by having your MD refer you to a Urologist as what you are describing appears to be linked to some form of Incontinence. Understand that we are not allowed to provide specific medical advice as part of ADISC.

It is important to understand that those who are in fact IC, see their Medical Team at a minimum of once a year because IC is an indicator of the onset or worsening of organ(s) failure or illness and the loss of that indicator is a serious concern. Hence, our interest in having that scheduled medical review.
I see my urologist regularly. Between enlarged prostate , erection dysfunction, high PSA I see him multiple times a year. He has tried a couple different drugs. One made me almost unable to pee. The other relaxes me too much. I wear protection now for emergencies.

Reactions: Dry247, MegaLugia, Edgewater and 2 others
Pantyman said:
I see my urologist regularly. Between enlarged prostate , erection dysfunction, high PSA I see him multiple times a year. He has tried a couple different drugs. One made me almost unable to pee. The other relaxes me too much. I wear protection now for emergencies.
That's fair enough, not trying to criticise you, or be judgemental. Just concerned for your wellbeing is all. (y) :)

Reactions: MegaLugia, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Babypat96 said:
Are you old enough to have an enlarged prostate?

• Thinking
Reactions: MegaLugia and Edgewater
Babypat96 said:
So I looked at your other posts, and while the information there is not at all conclusive, it sounds like you have been wearing and using a diaper large amounts of the time for quite awhile. It is entirely possible, I would even say probable, especially at only 27 years old, that what you are experiencing is a combination of a conditioned response and physiological changes resulting from your activities.

When one wears and uses a diaper a lot, our conditioned response to needing to void begins to shift from "hold until a suitable time" to "just go." Over many months or years of reinforcement, you can make this conditioned response change very strong and deep-seated. This alone will make it difficult to hold until a suitable time because you're consciously overriding your conditioned response. This is the same reason that people not used to voiding in a diaper often find it so difficult to do so when they first try. The other effects of this are that the muscles used to hold things in become weaker from not being exercised, and the bladder's effective capacity drops from not being stretched. This also will make it more difficult to hold it in when you wish to do so. This is why people who announce they are starting down the 24/7 road are often cautioned that they may become diaper dependent, and to be sure that is really what they desire.

Should you see a urologist? It would be smart. There is a non-zero chance that this is a sign of a more serious condition, which should be treated immediately. I'm told that incontinent people are advised to have blood work and a careful physical done at least annually to check for those serious conditions which otherwise might go unnoticed because you are already experiencing the common warning signs for other reasons. Due diligence is always wise.

Last edited:
  • Love
Babypat96 said:
Most likely you have reached the crossroad where @LittleMonsterUK arrived after 6 months of 24/7. (What I'm about to relay is all things he said publicly, and I'm shouting him in case he would like to comment, too.) He realized he was losing control, becoming diaper dependent, and grabbed his remaining continence with both hands (so to speak) and clawed it all back. It wasn't easy, but he decided that his life would be better that way. Barring a medical reason for these experiences, you have to also decide whether to accept being functionally incontinent, and very possibly having it become permanent, or making major changes to your lifestyle to stop that from happening.

If you decide to accept diaper dependence, or do have a medical problem, "sometimes it leaks" sounded like a reference to your diaper, and better products may be available to help with that, or a different regimen/schedule. There's tons of information here to help with that, so no need for me to belabor the point.

Best wishes whatever the case may be.

• Love
InvestigativePhilosopher said:
Most likely you have reached the crossroad where @LittleMonsterUK arrived after 6 months of 24/7. (What I'm about to relay is all things he said publicly, and I'm shouting him in case he would like to comment, too.) He realized he was losing control, becoming diaper dependent, and grabbed his remaining continence with both hands (so to speak) and clawed it all back. It wasn't easy, but he decided that his life would be better that way. Barring a medical reason for these experiences, you have to also decide whether to accept being functionally incontinent, and very possibly having it become permanent, or making major changes to your lifestyle to stop that from happening.

If you decide to accept diaper dependence, or do have a medical problem, "sometimes it leaks" sounded like a reference to your diaper, and better products may be available to help with that, or a different regimen/schedule. There's tons of information here to help with that, so no need for me to belabor the point.

Best wishes whatever the case may be.
Appreciate chiming me in but incontinence was never actually an issue (I always held before going to maintain control) the more I wore the more it became cumbersome and wasn’t enjoyable anymore as it lost the special feeling and just became the new underwear. For me I needed underwear to appreciate the difference but not just that due to disability and physical limitations it became extremely exhausting maintaining it 24/7 so I just decided well why keep it going.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Back