Airport Tips

padded1989

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
What are some of your tips for wearing and diapering at the airport and during flying? I have a long family vacation flight coming up soon and am going to be wearing for it for the first time flying in awhile. Family knows I will be using them already but I am just wondering what some of you think of as helpful advice for like places to change and how to pack and stay discreet. And happy to hear of some of your success and failures with being padded for travels. Thanks : )

padded1989 said:
What are some of your tips for wearing and diapering at the airport and during flying? I have a long family vacation flight coming up soon and am going to be wearing for it for the first time flying in awhile. Family knows I will be using them already but I am just wondering what some of you think of as helpful advice for like places to change and how to pack and stay discreet. And happy to hear of some of your success and failures with being padded for travels. Thanks : )
If you can try to wait until after security to put on your diaper or make sure you go through the scanner dry. If you have pre check then you (typically) only go through a metal detector (there was one time I forgot to take my belt off and they made me go through the scanner in the pre check lane).

Reactions: sbmccue
i just just back from a trip. only a few times and that was after 9/11 and they when to full body scanners did anyone question me. i always try to go through with a dry or somewhat dry seeing i don't have much control over things. the wet diaper show's up like an anomaly and they want to question you. if they ask you about it be upfront and say im incontinent and its a diaper. it will pretty well end there. if they want to check more ask for a private area and you will be happy to show them. only once did i have to do that but it was on an international flight. if you do much traveling get pre-check. i have both clear and pre-check

1. go or change before security and before boarding 2. TSA will know you are wearing dont make it a big deal and nothing will be said 3. have at least 3 back up diapers and a plan if luggage is lost

Reactions: diaperkool
lokisvixen said:
1. go or change before security and before boarding 2. TSA will know you are wearing dont make it a big deal and nothing will be said 3. have at least 3 back up diapers and a plan if luggage is lost
Why not store your diapers in your carry on? You know, just in case your luggage does get lost.

Keep in mind you're in an airport full of people you'll never see again. So if you have to change in the bathroom, don't worry about people you may know seeing you throw away your used diaper.

Reactions: PianoMusic1 and lokisvixen
theancientmariner said:
Why not store your diapers in your carry on? You know, just in case your luggage does get lost.
If you use 24/7 all the diapers you would need for even a few days trip would not fit in a carry on bag so thats why I said have atleast 3 with you in carry on and a plan for if your luggage is lost

lokisvixen said:
If you use 24/7 all the diapers you would need for even a few days trip would not fit in a carry on bag so thats why I said have atleast 3 with you in carry on and a plan for if your luggage is lost
Smart move. I've never flown padded before, but want to someday. It'll have to be a leisure trip, not a business trip like they always are.

Reactions: lokisvixen
theancientmariner said:
Smart move. I've never flown padded before, but want to someday. It'll have to be a leisure trip, not a business trip like they always are.
It certainly is a new experience

Long transatlantic flights always warrant a diaper for me.
Learn how to properly put one on standing up.
The lavatories aren't huge, but big enough to get diapered for the flight.
I usually have a pair of baggy jogging pants in my carry-on.
The diaper (usually a BetterDry) goes inside one of the pants' legs.
The won't show up on the x-ray in security and if they ever were
to extra screen my carry on, I'd ask for privacy. Never an issue.

The noise inside the plane is perfectly concealing the crinkling from the plastic.
Nobody ever suspected anything and flying becomes much more enjoyable that way.
Once arrived at the destination airport, I change out of the diaper back into my
regular underwear.
And then just walk out like you own the place. Nobody will batten an eye.

Back