Airplane accident

RestrainU4Me

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
This past July I had my bachelor party in Nashville, Tennessee. I flew with a handful of friends. While napping on the flight, I woke up with low blood sugar about a hour before we landed. I told my friend to get some snacks because my sugar was low. By the time my friend came back with orange juice with the flight attendant. I had passed out and they shook me awake. My body was soaked in sweat. I was literally dripping sweat off my head. I didn’t know where I was or who I was for a good 2 minutes, my mind was blank. I also realized my bladder completely let go.

3 of the 4 guys know of my diaper kink because a ex girlfriend told them. Only 2 of them have ever called me out and asked me why, the other 1 just never brought it up and the last 1 was probably told by the first 2 since we are all so close.

Yes, of course they made diaper jokes. It sucked, I literally had to throw away my pants and underwear and change at the airport.

Fast forward to this weekend. My wife wanted me to wear a diaper on the flight we took so I did. Didn’t have a episode so I was good. But we hiked the past two days and I was peeing about 15 times a day that she asked me to wear diapers the last few days lol she’s not even ABDL! I got lucky.

Does anyone else’s blood sugar effect their bathroom usage? Does the cabin pressure of airplanes mess with you too?

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, tschornaja, Edgewater and 2 others
I tend to pass more urine when my blood sugar is high. I have type 2 Diabetes.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
RestrainU4Me said:
This past July I had my bachelor party in Nashville, Tennessee. I flew with a handful of friends. While napping on the flight, I woke up with low blood sugar about a hour before we landed. I told my friend to get some snacks because my sugar was low. By the time my friend came back with orange juice with the flight attendant. I had passed out and they shook me awake. My body was soaked in sweat. I was literally dripping sweat off my head. I didn’t know where I was or who I was for a good 2 minutes, my mind was blank. I also realized my bladder completely let go.

3 of the 4 guys know of my diaper kink because a ex girlfriend told them. Only 2 of them have ever called me out and asked me why, the other 1 just never brought it up and the last 1 was probably told by the first 2 since we are all so close.

Yes, of course they made diaper jokes. It sucked, I literally had to throw away my pants and underwear and change at the airport.

Fast forward to this weekend. My wife wanted me to wear a diaper on the flight we took so I did. Didn’t have a episode so I was good. But we hiked the past two days and I was peeing about 15 times a day that she asked me to wear diapers the last few days lol she’s not even ABDL! I got lucky.

Does anyone else’s blood sugar effect their bathroom usage? Does the cabin pressure of airplanes mess with you too?
Generally the lack of humidity in airplanes leads to dehydration. The pressurization in airplanes brings the cabin altitude as high as 8000 feet. The result is a bag of chips gets puffy and ready to pop. The same effect for trapped gas in your gut. So while this has northing to do with urine production it is a cautionary tale for trusting farts on an airplane.
The high cabin altitude (less oxygen) leads to people more likely to pass out as you did, low blood sugar, notwithstanding.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, Fleetwoodmac32192 and 1 other person
RestrainU4Me said:
... My body was soaked in sweat. I was literally dripping sweat off my head. ...
Does anyone else’s blood sugar effect their bathroom usage?
I haven't noticed a glucose level effect but obviously hydration levels make a difference. I used to sweat profusely overnight from time to time however. A few times I would wake up almost soaked in sweat but never took a glucose reading. Lately I have been achieving better daily control and as far as I know, I have not been sweating overnight.

I have learned to avoid alcohol with dinner, however. I already have nerve damage but just one beer with dinner gave me a most painful gastroparesis recently (3+ hours of pain). Apparently the alcohol messes the vagus nerve and that results in the stomach not being able to empty into the intestines. That resulted in painful cramps.

Do be careful with going low!

I have had some low incidents. And the strange thing is the sweating and shaking hit me like sudden by the time I got up to test I was so shaky that I struggled to poke my finger. I had my phone out and did a voice to text saying sugar low come help. I carry a spare meter in my diaper bag now

Yikes! Glad it wasn't an airplane accident as in a plane crash! Believe me, those are not pleasant. Not saying this wasn't...but glad ya lived to tell an' that the ribbing ya got wasn't broken ribs. Ya had me going there for a sec! And I'm glad you're doing alright. Peace...an' no peas! 🤭

When I was in my teens I was tested for diabetes once a year on average. Heavy sweats, severe weakness with tremors, and altered consciousness or passing out, and wetting. All bloodwork, EKG, and EEG were always normal. Nothing was ever found. I still have cycles of heavy sweating with altered consciousness to this day. I hope they figure out what is going on with you.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, RestrainU4Me and 1 other person
CheshireCat said:
When I was in my teens I was tested for diabetes once a year on average. Heavy sweats, severe weakness with tremors, and altered consciousness or passing out, and wetting. All bloodwork, EKG, and EEG were always normal. Nothing was ever found. I still have cycles of heavy sweating with altered consciousness to this day. I hope they figure out what is going on with you.
They tell me I’m hypoglycemic which is “pre-diabetic” they say. Also, low heart rate. I think it’s the two when they combine, are just a bad combination.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
@RestrainU4Me Best treatment for hypoglycemia is to seriously cut back on refined sugars (processed foods), and eat 6-8 small healthy meals a day. Once you have it under control, you can start cutting back on the amount of meals while maintaining caloric intake. Everyone can benefit by eating clean and healthy. Just don't make a religion out of it. You can still eat the occasional bad meal, but you will feel it physically.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, Deleted member 20435 and 1 other person
CheshireCat said:
@RestrainU4Me Best treatment for hypoglycemia is to seriously cut back on refined sugars (processed foods), and eat 6-8 small healthy meals a day. Once you have it under control, you can start cutting back on the amount of meals while maintaining caloric intake. Everyone can benefit by eating clean and healthy. Just don't make a religion out of it. You can still eat the occasional bad meal, but you will feel it physically.
That’s how I eat. I’m actually a extremely fit and healthy person to say the least. Kale and spinach smoothies every morning. No soda or candy. Fish and chicken only. This is me dunking a few weeks ago actually lol

Attachments

• 47CA6882-2816-4BE8-A125-BBA63333D10E.jpeg
    47CA6882-2816-4BE8-A125-BBA63333D10E.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
  • Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
CheshireCat said:
@RestrainU4Me Have you seen an endocrinologist?
No, my blood work came back perfect recently. I could still go see one.

Reactions: Edgewater
So I want to help or give you something helpful as before becoming paralyzed I worked in healthcare and public safety but I am a wee bit confused here, under your profile you described yourself as Incont but in your story you mentioned your friends found out about your diaper kink from an ex! There are Incont people that are ab's & dl's just little confused because if you have been diagnosed by a doc with being incont some of the other symptoms could potentially help with a diagnosis or your docs to diagnose you. And your wife joking or asking.you to wear diapers at certain periods of time seem more lifestyle choice vs Medical, which honestly you do you but kind of confused

Also the another part I am super confused with you said by the time the flight attendant came back you were covered in sweat & passed out and was Incont of urine(peed yourself, that in itself could be something that's alarming unless you were under the influence of say alcohol because many people pee themselves and at one time I actually read a medical journal think was UK they had an huge issue with teens and alcohol some local hospital would put nappies on the teens to prevent falls but also because alot peed themselves when intoxicated but even in the US I have seen ER's put diapers on drunk people in the ER because it's noninvasive also some had issues with drunk ripping out Foley's-ouch) if your friend told them your blood sugar was low and she came back and you were altered and or unconscious they would of diverted to the closest airport due to medical on board unless you were evaluated by someone on the plane such as EMT,Doc, Nurse and they felt you were stable they would continue to destination but you would of been greated by fire & ems(in the US police as well as they go to all medicals in the airport) you could of refused care. I would be quite alarmed if your friends and them had to shake you awake and the flight attendants not do anything and as in have seen some call it for intoxicated people that passed out.

Also I take it you aren't diagnosed as diabetic (most diabetics are assigned to an endocrinologist) if you have feeling like you suger is low it could that it could be other things as well. Have you ever had your BGL tested when you were having one of these episodes. You mentioned they told you that your were hypoglycemic was that after bloodwork because hypoglycemic is a clinical term for low blood sugar but if after fasting blood work it could in a different range where it's not really low but for fasting labs it is. But honestly doesn't really matter as it's a number and everyone is different or can act differently it's like low HR or Bradycardia is anything below 60bpm but many athletes live everyday bradycardic! but clinically and could of changed below 60-70 is hypoglycemic usually it's not until someone or something is off that people treat it like I have known diabetics that had full conversations at 35mg/dl and we or they can use Gel tube but at 34 be loopy unable to to protect airway so no gel or juice and anything at/below 34 for that guy we were dropping multiple lines and usually he is taking a ride but had times he awoke a s refused care, but I had another in another she was a poor diabetic in sense she didn't take care of herself so she was routinely clinically Hyperglycemic like 240-60mg/dl but 290 be DKA or in crisis same if she was 200 even though clinical hyperglycemic she acted like she was hypo and was unconscious. So diabetes isn't something to mess with but if your a diabetic, incont and having other symptoms it could potentially lead to something else or like incont can be Neuro related if you have nerve issues depending where on the spine it could cause heart rate to go up or down as well as sweats so like I can't feel anything below the waist but because I have a neurological injury if I don't manage pain well I will sweat but sweating for me is also a warning sign for other things.

I think if you seriously are having to certain symptoms that occur enough times all the symptoms need to present to your doc because it's like there are people who have seizure but they don't always present like TV show seizures and some don't even shake some pass out, some are incont of one or both. But like a cardiac dysrhythmia can cause weird crap. I personally wouldn't diagnosis you as I don't know you and also I no longer maintain my license but what you described sounds like it could be a serious issue

• Wow
Reactions: LordDuque, Diprs2, tschornaja and 3 others
RestrainU4Me said:
They tell me I’m hypoglycemic which is “pre-diabetic” they say. Also, low heart rate. I think it’s the two when they combine, are just a bad combination.
I have been hypoglycemic for almost 40 years.
It can turn to diabetes if you don't take care of it properly.

CheshireCat said:
I have had to eat like this for 40 years. And you have to eat more high protein foods when you are doing extremely physical exercise.

Subtlerustle said:
Generally the lack of humidity in airplanes leads to dehydration. The pressurization in airplanes brings the cabin altitude as high as 8000 feet. The result is a bag of chips gets puffy and ready to pop.
True that. Depending upon a plane's ultimate cruising altitude, the pressure inside a plane's cabin can be between 5,000- to 8,000-foot altitude equivalent. This is done because air density lowers greatly at higher altitudes and a jetliner's design allows for only a certain pressure differential between inside & outside pressures to prevent structural failure at the plane's fuselage seams, rivets, windows or the rear pressure bulkhead over the service life of a plane. I've seen a 747's structure last for over 70,000 flight hours before it was finally retired & scrapped.

The plane's cabin is pressurized by engine bleed air off the high-pressure, cold-air compressor section and heated by passing that air past the hot-section (turbine) combustors...then fed into the cabin after being regulated for temperature & pressure by the flight crew up front.

Just some tech stuff I thought would help the curious understand. 🤔

Reactions: Diprs2, tschornaja and Edgewater
BobbiSueEllen said:
True that. Depending upon a plane's ultimate cruising altitude, the pressure inside a plane's cabin can be between 5,000- to 8,000-foot altitude equivalent. This is done because air density lowers greatly at higher altitudes and a jetliner's design allows for only a certain pressure differential between inside & outside pressures to prevent structural failure at the plane's fuselage seams, rivets, windows or the rear pressure bulkhead over the service life of a plane. I've seen a 747's structure last for over 70,000 flight hours before it was finally retired & scrapped.

The plane's cabin is pressurized by engine bleed air off the high-pressure, cold-air compressor section and heated by passing that air past the hot-section (turbine) combustors...then fed into the cabin after being regulated for temperature & pressure by the flight crew up front.

Just some tech stuff I thought would help the curious understand. 🤔
I love it when I get to learn something reading ADISC posts!

• Love
Zeke said:
I love it when I get to learn something reading ADISC posts!
🤭

7h1nkc.jpg

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke and Edgewater
@BobbiSueEllen “I’ll take aircraft pneumatics for 500 Alex”. 👍

• Haha
I have been diabetes type II for years, bounding along the lower edge, it a DNA thing with my mother's side of the family.
With great luck, it has not caused any of the more major problems as we all know that list is long.

Looking at the other part of your story; that likely ended your being teased about wearing diapers. Happy that you are married to a great lady that assures you are padded and protected when out and about!

Reactions: Subtlerustle, Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
Back