AceThePurpleFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Hi everyone!

It's Ace again, looking for a little (heh, I made a pun) more advice. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for more affordable diapers? I loved trying out the Rearz Barnyards around the end of December (though I chickened out of messing - maybe some other time), and I'm now looking to get some more diapers - maybe even something to wear a bit more regularly as I'm definitely prone to small bladder leaks.

I was wondering if anybody has recommendations for good, affordable diapers? I don't mind between ABDL or medical, tapes or pull-ups (though pull-ups would probably be better if I start wearing frequently to protect against leaks). For the reason of possibly wearing more frequently, some discreet ones would also be kind of nice (though don't limit your recommendations just to this)! I'm a college student with no real source of income and a limited budget, so bulk-ordering is really out of the question for me as I can't afford to spend so much in one go - even if it does make the per-unit price cheaper.

(btw, if it makes much of a difference for pull-up recs, I'm assigned male at birth (despite IDing as a girl), so I'm not sure how well ones designed for women would work for me. I've also tried girls goodnites XL in the past. They're nice and they fit well, but I leak in them)

Thanks once again!!

Ace

I ordered three different kinds plus a package of boosters from Carewell this week. They are all medical, plain white and not fancy at all, and the entire thing cost around $50. Total of 58 diapers plus 20 boosters.

I've only worn abdl since I started because I do it for fun (not IC). But now my housemate is home all the time and I want something discreet and quiet for under my shorts so it's easier to hide. I have to follow the urge!

I'm trying out different ones that I've seen recommended on here, to see what I like best.
The low cost is fabulous.

Abena M4 is a classic option and they are my every day diaper. They should be one of the more affordable options for a high quality medical diaper.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, TheRealDiaperGuru, surprise35 and 4 others
For small bladder leaks CVS max absorbancy are dirt cheap abs work pretty well

Northshore Megamax's are really good diapers that are really cheap.

• Haha
Reactions: ABCurious, Canadianfalls and jambi66441
Here are the best diapers I know of in terms of capacity per dollar spent.

But if you really want to save money, get some baby diapers or child pull-ups/night pants. Here are the best ones I know of, again sorted by the most capacity per dollar spent.

With baby diapers especially, you're going to get about 60%-70% more bang for the buck. Also they're available everywhere and you can slip one into your pocket to do a quick change in a public bathroom without bringing in a bag.

You can use them inside cheap drugstore adult diapers, in cloth pocket diapers, in plain underwear, etc. Here's how I fold and tape them for use in outer diapers. No cutting necessary.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and CodyBaby
I really like Tena super (absorbency) for night time and Tena Ultra for day time use or naps. They are very affordable and hold two to three good wettings. Just note, their medium size runs small for their four tape diapers. The single tape Tena dips run large. I am a 31" waist and the medium 4 tape diapers fit properly and I use them every night for bed.

Reactions: DLPeakOut
I really like Molicare Maxi Slip. Very discreet as far as tab style nappies go and if you need more absorbency you can add boosters.

Cheap is relative. Value for money wise Crinklz/betterdry are very good for the price and as well or better than some ABU/Rearz/Tykables offerings. Seni Super Quatros are really good and reasonably inexpensive albeit hard to find. Tena Supers, Prevail Extended wear and Tranquility Smartcore (which I think are better than the ATNs, which themselves aren’t the worst thing in the world) are all good and absorbent as far as cloth backed goes; it’s somewhat difficult to find plastic backed diapers at that price point that aren’t the 3 tape depends.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll check a few of these out for medical designs.

What about ABDL ones? To clarify @Ragequit 's comment about cheap being relative, I'm not in a position to spend $30-$50 on bags of 12 diapers frequently, and also don't have the money to pay ~$70+ in one go to get a case, no matter how much this reduces the per-unit cost. I'm basically looking for as many diapers as I can get per pack, for as little money as possible, while still retaining functionality.

KrankyPants said:
I really like Tena super (absorbency) for night time and Tena Ultra for day time use or naps. They are very affordable and hold two to three good wettings. Just note, their medium size runs small for their four tape diapers. The single tape Tena dips run large. I am a 31" waist and the medium 4 tape diapers fit properly and I use them every night for bed.

Any advice on where I can find TENAs? I've mainly been looking on Amazon for diapers since I can get them delivered to an Amazon locker instead of campus, but it doesn't look like I'd have much luck with these

(EDIT: I realised that you can pick up FedEx orders at Walgreens and ABU can ship through FedEx. Does anybody have experience with doing this?)

Last edited:
I'm about to order some tranquility from north shore I think. Lol I'm getting samples so I can try the right size before I buy.

Reactions: surprise35
WarriorPrincess said:
I'm about to order some tranquility from north shore I think. Lol I'm getting samples so I can try the right size before I buy.
Getting samples first is smart, you’ll only make the mistake of buying a whole bag of something you think fit well only to find out they don’t once

Reactions: WarriorPrincess
babyboyd said:
Getting samples first is smart, you’ll only make the mistake of buying a whole bag of something you think fit well only to find out they don’t once
Yesss and north shore is awesome about it!

Reactions: babyboyd and surprise35
Yes samples all the way! A lot of incontinence stores have free or cheap samples they offer of their products because they know sizing and absorbency can really vary from person to person.
When I am on a budget I do find Tena on sale at pharmacies (here in Canada), and sometimes super cheap at thrift stores.
Also Tranqulity ATN is one of the best cheaper diapers out there, often about $1.00/a diaper on most incontinence store websites.

Reactions: WarriorPrincess
surprise35 said:
Yes samples all the way! A lot of incontinence stores have free or cheap samples they offer of their products because they know sizing and absorbency can really vary from person to person.
When I am on a budget I do find Tena on sale at pharmacies (here in Canada), and sometimes super cheap at thrift stores.
Also Tranqulity ATN is one of the best cheaper diapers out there, often about $1.00/a diaper on most incontinence store websites.

Here are the cheapest adult diapers I've tried, though there are a lot of diapers of this sort I haven't seen. They're all under 50 cents per diaper.

Several of them are size Youth/XS but the larger sizes aren't that much more.

Last edited:
Okay, update on this: I got some things from Northshore to try.

WillFord384 said:
Here are the best diapers I know of in terms of capacity per dollar spent.

But if you really want to save money, get some baby diapers or child pull-ups/night pants. Here are the best ones I know of, again sorted by the most capacity per dollar spent.

With baby diapers especially, you're going to get about 60%-70% more bang for the buck. Also they're available everywhere and you can slip one into your pocket to do a quick change in a public bathroom without bringing in a bag.

You can use them inside cheap drugstore adult diapers, in cloth pocket diapers, in plain underwear, etc. Here's how I fold and tape them for use in outer diapers. No cutting necessary.
Once again another question about this:

In the last few days I've noticed I've had a lot more bladder leaks and it's bothering me, so I wanted to get some protection before my Northshores come. Do you think baby diapers or child pull-ups would work well in normal underwear to catch bladder leaks while I wait for my other things to arrive? And how discreet are they (particularly pampers diapers and child pull-ups (goodnites, huggies, etc.)? Or do you think that for absorbance, cost, and discretion (just for small leaks) that adult incontinence products would be better still in the meantime?

I ask about baby diapers and child pull-ups in particular because I know they're cheap and I can find them in a store rather than waiting on an order to arrive as I currently am.

Last edited:
AceThePurpleFox said:
Okay, update on this: I got some things from Northshore to try.

Once again another question about this:

In the last few days I've noticed I've had a lot more bladder leaks and it's bothering me, so I wanted to get some protection before my Northshores come. Do you think baby diapers or child pull-ups would work well in normal underwear to catch bladder leaks while I wait for my other things to arrive? And how discreet are they (particularly pampers diapers and child pull-ups (goodnites, huggies, etc.)? Or do you think that for absorbance, cost, and discretion (just for small leaks) that adult incontinence products would be better still in the meantime?

I ask about baby diapers and child pull-ups in particular because I know they're cheap and I can find them in a store rather than waiting on an order to arrive as I currently am.

I think baby/child products would be likely to leak at the sides or bottom if worn in normal underwear, though I haven't tried this. Still, it may work if you're talking about small leaks.

However, you'd probably be better off with a baby diaper or child pull-up inside a cheap drug store diaper. That way you have the low-cost absorbency of the baby/child product but also a protective more-or-less waterproof shell covering your diaper area.

You can reuse the cheap outer diaper through several changes of the inner product. I've worn this way lots of times.

As for discretion, that depends on what you're wearing and how long you go between changes. When dry, the combination of baby/child product and cheap adult diaper is going to be pretty thin. It's up to you how much you let it swell up before changing. Also, given a choice between a baby diaper and a child pull-up, I'd choose the baby diaper for discretion since it's probably going to be thinner and it gives you handy velcro tapes for keeping it in place.

Last edited:
WillFord384 said:
I think baby/child products would be likely to leak at the sides or bottom if worn in normal underwear, though I haven't tried this. Still, it may work if you're talking about small leaks.

However, you'd probably be better off with a baby diaper or child pull-up inside a cheap drug store diaper. That way you have the low-cost absorbency of the baby/child product but also a protective more-or-less waterproof shell covering your diaper area.

You can reuse the cheap outer diaper through several changes of the inner product. I've worn this way lots of times.

As for discretion, that depends on what you're wearing and how long you go between changes. When dry, the combination of baby/child product and cheap adult diaper is going to be pretty thin. It's up to you how much you let it swell up before changing. Also, given a choice between a baby diaper and a child pull-up, I'd choose the baby diaper for discretion since it's probably going to be thinner and it gives you handy velcro tapes for keeping it in place.
Yeah I'm only really talking about small leaks. Not full-on wettings, but enough for it to possibly be noticeable, especially at the end of the day when this has happened quite a few times.

I guess my main concern with discretion, as well as thickness, was noise. Obviously ABDL products typically are noisy, and I'd imagine baby diapers are the same.

AceThePurpleFox said:
Yeah I'm only really talking about small leaks. Not full-on wettings, but enough for it to possibly be noticeable, especially at the end of the day when this has happened quite a few times.

I guess my main concern with discretion, as well as thickness, was noise. Obviously ABDL products typically are noisy, and I'd imagine baby diapers are the same.

If you're going to be leaking several times during the day, you might want to swap out the baby diaper halfway through. Or just before driving home or whenever you think you might have a problem. It's only going to cost you an additional 35 cents or so.

Unlike with adult diapers, for swapping out a baby diaper you don't need to bring a bag with you into the bathroom. Just slip a new diaper into a jacket pocket or something, along with a plastic bag for wrapping up the used diaper.

I don't think you have to worry about noise with a baby diaper since it's going to be cloth-backed.

so, i'm new here, i need good cheap quiet diapers that my mother can buy for me (doubt sh wood thou) with discreet shipping cause i live in an apartment complex now with my mother and i don't want the other people knowing what was bought, i do have bladder control problems but i also have a diaper fetish as well, i used to take i think ninjamas (https://www.amazon.ca/Pampers-Overnight-Disposable-Underwear-Nighttime/dp/B0886ZX14J?th=1) from my younger cousin and i would use em somewhat often. it was mostly quiet so no one knew. and well my disabilities make it hard for me to get a job i've tryed many times. and my mother keeps telling me to get a job and says im not even trying and i don't do anything, i do my best, but its never good enough nothing is ever good enough.

Last edited:
Back