Adult Diapers Shifting to Stretch Sides

BearTale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I sometimes buy store-brand diapers to wear and feel comfy, so I don't have to waste an ABDL diaper or something.

I was initially disappointed when I went to my local CVS drugstore and found that most Storebrand diapers now are the stretch side kind... it's no longer just an option. Stretch diapers are becoming the standard and not tabbed ones... it upsets me because I believe that although stretch diapers boast that they fit different body types, they are always so loose on me. After all, I am a little guy. I wish we, as individuals, had more pull in the market. I switched to these stretch briefs because I have to, but I think the shift away from tabbed.

• Angry
Reactions: artemisenterri and baliebox4916
I agree the sizing is usually off - but I prefer the feel of the stretch sides … when done properly. They just seem to move better.

These seem newish and peaked my interest and seem to have a bit of stretchy sides

Waiting for the delivery to see what they are like.

BearTale said:
I sometimes buy store-brand diapers to wear and feel comfy, so I don't have to waste an ABDL diaper or something.

I was initially disappointed when I went to my local CVS drugstore and found that most Storebrand diapers now are the stretch side kind... it's no longer just an option. Stretch diapers are becoming the standard and not tabbed ones... it upsets me because I believe that although stretch diapers boast that they fit different body types, they are always so loose on me. After all, I am a little guy. I wish we, as individuals, had more pull in the market. I switched to these stretch briefs because I have to, but I think the shift away from tabbed.

The in store markets have decided taped diapers are for babies. I don't know why, but there seems to be a stigma around tapes. Stores around here almost exclusively sell pull up style briefs for adults.

• Angry
Reactions: artemisenterri
LaLoneDigi said:
The in store markets have decided taped diapers are for babies. I don't know why, but there seems to be a stigma around tapes. Stores around here almost exclusively sell pull up style briefs for adults.
I've noticed that this seems to be the new thought process as well. Almost anything not from a source that is abdl centric tends to be more flex band and pullup style now. Whether there are or are not tapes should not be a defining characteristic for whether it's stigmatized or not because it's silly to have such a minute detail be the difference between kids wear these and adults wear these.

Reactions: artemisenterri
bnet said:
I agree the sizing is usually off - but I prefer the feel of the stretch sides … when done properly. They just seem to move better.

These seem newish and peaked my interest and seem to have a bit of stretchy sides

Please give us a review when you can. I have bought the Dailee maxis from Europe, they were size large with stretch sides. L-XL sizes always make me nervous as I wore a Large in Abena.

Not much of a review at the moment… initial reactions. I love the fit and they form very well to my waist 32-34”.

I bought the M2 and maybe should have went thicker. But they are very discreet. Did not get a chance to really test them out… so not sure how they absorb, but seems more pulp than sap.

The limited use they got it did leave odor a concern - but I think that is typical of Abena.

Right now I am very impressed with the feel and hope they work well.

bnet said:

If you sleep in them & bedwet make sure you have a mattress protector on
they tend to leak through the diaper
like a slow seepage
the plastic Abena don't

bnet said:
The limited use they got it did leave odor a concern - but I think that is typical of Abena.
Yeah, what is it with Abena and the seemingly non-existent odor control in their Slip products? They're comfortable and quick to absorb, and the new elastic side panels seem like a good workaround for their propensity to sag badly when wet, but no odor control is a deal-breaker.

dwmod said:
Yeah, what is it with Abena and the seemingly non-existent odor control in their Slip products? They're comfortable and quick to absorb, and the new elastic side panels seem like a good workaround for their propensity to sag badly when wet, but no odor control is a deal-breaker.
the wild thing is they label this line up as premium yet its anything but premium quality
the Abena "basic" the plastic outer cover version is heaps higher quality

Hmm. My hunch is that stretch sides wouldn't work as well on adult diapers. One thing about adult diapers is that they are heavier than baby diapers, because adults pee a lot more. I would think stretch sides would make them slide down. But I have no empirical evidence for that thought.

With my 30" waist, they'll fall clear to my toes without reinforcement every time. I would have to mod them to get them to work. So I will just buy Goodnites instead.

I'm actually a fan of the tabbed stretch briefs. The ones I buy from Bi-Mart and Walmart (made by Drylock Technologies) seem to work well and rarely ever leak for me. Plus they are all white and have a minimal wetness indicator.

After having tried most of the tabbed stretch briefs offered by the local drug stores and being disappointed, I feel like I know what's good and what's garbage. The stretch briefs offered by Walgreens and CVS are the Domtar manufactured units, which have a poorly adhered backsheet that comes unglued after five minutes of wearing, releasing the pulp and gel all over you. If they would fix this one major issue I would absolutely consider buying them because they are very thick and absorbent, and they have good leak guards. The ones offered by Rite Aid have a porous backsheet that will weep when wet and have no leak guards.

My bet is that most people either can't put tabbed diapers on because they have arthritis, or because of the mental stigma (?) that it reminds them of. People desire "Dignity".
For those that want tabbed diapers, why rely on the store kinds when you can order them from a good distributor over the Internet?
Just wondering.
Plus, is it not true that stores over-all charge more for the diapers and pull-ons? :unsure:
That's what puts the brakes on me whenever I see adult diaper aisles. Too expensive!

Back