Adult Baby Rules "Caitian X" has to follow...(My "Reality")...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sapphyre said:
So, most of my bills are set up for automatic payment from my checking account... because otherwise I'll just forget. Last month my landlord had to pester me for an overdue rent check because... I forgot about it. So then, I just try to keep a significant floating balance in my checking account such that the bills never lead to it being overdrawn. They just get paid automatically and I don't ever have to think about them really, just check my account periodically.

So do you have your landlord withdraw your rent money from your account?

I pay my rent to my brother in cash, which he uses for food for the 2 of us here at home.
It does not go to frivolities.
Like me, his income is low.
We look after each other, but we do not tell each other how to live our lives.

I used to pay all the bills and I never had problems with it but my husband took over because it was stressing me out. I have an obsession with saving money and I hate surprises and any change in our budget so spending gives me anxiety and I was always worried about surprises so I lived like I was poor and my husband told me I acted like we're poor and told me I didn't know what poor was and we can live poor to show me. He blamed my money obsession on autism but he is no psychologist. I don't know if it's an OCD thing either. But money has always stressed me out when it comes to spending and I hate going so low in our account. Some are compulsive spenders, I am a compulsive saver where I act cheap and act like we're poor. But after he took over the finances, it has made us happier and I have less anxiety now about money.

I do not understand the point of Rule 17. It seems like a colossal waste of time and a risk to your health.

However, as long as you follow these rules because they are good for you and not for the sake of the rule itself, who are we to judge? Despite being an aspie, I could never follow rigid rules like that though.

Calico said:
So do you have your landlord withdraw your rent money from your account?

Not yet but I probably should. He suggested as much.

LittleLion said:
I do not understand the point of Rule 17. It seems like a colossal waste of time and a risk to your health.

However, as long as you follow these rules because they are good for you and not for the sake of the rule itself, who are we to judge? Despite being an aspie, I could never follow rigid rules like that though.

You mean the Legal stuff?

I think that is there for liability. I see that everywhere on websites and even businesses.

Calico said:
You mean the Legal stuff?

I think that is there for liability. I see that everywhere on websites and even businesses.

LittleLion is referring to Rule 17 in the first post in the thread.

LittleLion said:
Despite being an aspie, I could never follow rigid rules like that though.

I actually don't think many people could. =^.^;=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back