Adult Babies and Depression...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A short time ago, I mutely played with my MEGA BLOKS Building Set, which made me feel better.

Caitianx,
I'm glad that you're feeling somewhat better. And that you got to have some fun little time:) In one of your previous posts, you said that you feel guilty for not always feeling strong and stoic as an older man. Please don't feel like you have to meet societies' false ideals of what is right for an older man. You have nothing to be ashamed of. It is okay to feel pain from past experiences and to be vulnerable. Some of the strongest people I have met, are the ones who are most willing to be open about their emotions. Don't beat yourself up about being different and not always understanding social interactions.

I liked Tyger's comparison with the lion. The fact that you are so different, means that you have things to contribute to the world, that no one else does. I hope you can find people around you to reach out to, try to find ways that you can help them in their own lives. Even just having a good listener to talk to, can be really helpful for a lot of people. I think that if you can figure out how to do that, it will likely bring you a lot of happiness.
-Bean

I know you have been here for awhile, Caitainx. I have read some, but not all your blogs, and I respect and try to understand feelings such as yours. Just remember you are among friends here, and we support our members. Just keep posting and blogging, and expressing your feelings as they change, because change they do. Just keep on keeping on.

boobybird89 said:
Glad you're feeling better, caitianx :) You seem like a really cool guy the times that I've talked to ya!

bean said:
Caitianx,
I'm glad that you're feeling somewhat better. And that you got to have some fun little time:) In one of your previous posts, you said that you feel guilty for not always feeling strong and stoic as an older man. Please don't feel like you have to meet societies' false ideals of what is right for an older man. You have nothing to be ashamed of. It is okay to feel pain from past experiences and to be vulnerable. Some of the strongest people I have met, are the ones who are most willing to be open about their emotions. Don't beat yourself up about being different and not always understanding social interactions.

I liked Tyger's comparison with the lion. The fact that you are so different, means that you have things to contribute to the world, that no one else does. I hope you can find people around you to reach out to, try to find ways that you can help them in their own lives. Even just having a good listener to talk to, can be really helpful for a lot of people. I think that if you can figure out how to do that, it will likely bring you a lot of happiness.
-Bean
I'm glad your felling better, catnix. Oh and I really can relate I go through a bit of depression, but usually when I'm creative, and writing and drawing I fell better. I'm glad your felling better, and I hope for the best for you. 😺😺😺😺😺😺😺

Today I was busy this afternoon getting some video production work done @ Derry, NH CTV where I volunteer. I was too occupied to think of anything else. After I returned home, I needed to lie down, and after I got back up, I played quietly with some of my MEGA BLOKS Building Toy. I then watched a couple episodes of the original G. I. Joe cartoon and a couple of episodes of the original TRANSFORMERS cartoon.

caitianx said:
I am feeling a bit better. I tend to severely socially withdraw inwards much more than my Autistic disabled self and I really tend to emotionally beat myself up.

I'm a bit late. Heheh.

I'm really glad you're feeling better now, Caitianx.

The fact that you are so different, means that you have things to contribute to the world, that no one else does.

That's Bean's words. They are true. Here you are volunteering for a community TV service. What's bad or useless about that? Some of us have, or seem to have, achieved complete acceptance of the AB within, but like you I resent his little presence and have never, will never, be completely happy that he's a part of me. But I still believe that Bean is right. ABs are inescapably self-aware in some ways that vanilla folks just aren't; it's quite possible that we spend too much time looking at ourselves and tutting, but at least we're aware that our behaviour has effects on other people.

Caitanx, I'm 52. Not so far behind you. I doubt that anything you've done has been so bad, socially speaking - and I suspect that more often than not being sure that what one has done is dreadful and unforgivably embarrassing is much more the problem than any actual social gaffe or misstep.

You're ok.

My day today has been ok. I had to go out for groceries today, and I spent time this afternoon watching the Japanese Anime Series, ROBOTECH on my very obsolete DVD player and analog TV. I checked my electronic calendar, and tomorrow is my Birthday. I will be 57. It is also my late Mommy's Birthday. If she were still around, she would be 81. It is a bit sad, that most of her adult life she was profoundly mentally-ill and psychotic most of the time. She only lived as long as she did up to age 72, because my little brother and I and our late Daddy took care of her. She would have ended-up as a very dead "Homeless Bag Lady" living on the street if it were not for us "giving her a home".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back