Accidentally a Bedwetter?

thediaperedhusband

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
With my wife’s thumbs up, I’ve recently started to wear my diapers fairly frequently. I’m not 24/7, but soon plan to wear basically every night. My routine so far has been to make sure I have my overnight diaper on and, each time I wake up in the night, consciously wet. I’m getting much better at wetting laying down now though it’s been suggested to me that training myself to wet in bed so easily could cause me to have real accidents. I’m not sure I really want that to happen.

Is there any merit to that position? Thought and experiences welcome!

Reactions: dl015, 2012Stroke, checkingoutall and 1 other person
it's the most difficult position for a man who isn't incontinent due to the way our plumbing works, but there is a small chance that your pelvic floor muscles and your detrusor muscles will weaken which could make it more difficult to remain in control.

I have been wearing quality diapers to bed every night for around the last 2-3 years , I wet in my diaper every time i wake up needing to pee, I used to get up 4 or 5 times a night to pee, now I just barely recall wetting , am I able to not wet the bed , I would say if I was not diapered I would probably wet the bed at least a few times a year without knowing it, I have always wet the bed ( for 65 years) off and on sometimes on purpose sometime accidentally , I don't think wearing 24-7 has changed my ability to remain dry 99% of the time if I want to be.

Reactions: checkingoutall
chamberpot said:
I have been wearing quality diapers to bed every night for around the last 2-3 years , I wet in my diaper every time i wake up needing to pee, I used to get up 4 or 5 times a night to pee, now I just barely recall wetting , am I able to not wet the bed , I would say if I was not diapered I would probably wet the bed at least a few times a year without knowing it, I have always wet the bed ( for 65 years) off and on sometimes on purpose sometime accidentally , I don't think wearing 24-7 has changed my ability to remain dry 99% of the time if I want to be.

I have no history of bed wetting, which I hear also helps things in my favor.

It is good you are really thinking about whether you actually want to be a real "bedwetter". I am a little scared of that right now. Over the last 6 months, I have gotten to where I can take several steps (including hypnosis files) and wake up with a fully soaked goodnite. About a week ago I quit taking all the steps to wet since I wanted to make sure I don't have any accidents during travels and trips around Christmas. However, I have continued to wet the bed. The first 3 nights I was thrilled that I finally got to know what a bedwetter feels like. I can't lie, now I am kinda scared at the possibility of being a "bedwetter".

Josh24 said:
It is good you are really thinking about whether you actually want to be a real "bedwetter". I am a little scared of that right now. Over the last 6 months, I have gotten to where I can take several steps (including hypnosis files) and wake up with a fully soaked goodnite. About a week ago I quit taking all the steps to wet since I wanted to make sure I don't have any accidents during travels and trips around Christmas. However, I have continued to wet the bed. The first 3 nights I was thrilled that I finally got to know what a bedwetter feels like. I can't lie, now I am kinda scared at the possibility of being a "bedwetter".

I have absolutely no interest in creating a bed wetting problem for myself. I know a lot of folks in this community think that becoming IC or having that kind of problem is attractive, but I think I’m in the minority when I say I wouldn’t want that for myself or for my wife to have to deal with that. That said, I’m very interested in hearing others’ thoughts and experiences. I frankly am skeptical that I would create a problem for myself given I’m 100% in control when I’m wetting in bed in my diaper, but if someone would tell me differently, I figure now’s the time to know that and assess the risk.

Reactions: dl015 and jspoter
provided you are awake and in full control of your bladder there shouldn't be a problem, but if you start to experience involuntary leaks when you cough, sneeze or lift something heavy or find that you dribble into your underwear after peeing during the day you need to start Kegel and Pelvic floor muscle exercises to keep your muscles toned.

Reactions: 2012Stroke
With frequency and consistency, i have been to the point where i was wetting my diapers without waking up, but i havent had any issues with bedwetting when not diapered, i can stop whenever i want.

Be careful nocturnal bed wetting when diapered can change to bed wetting none diapered very quickly and is the hardest habit to break as an adult when self induced and can lead to daytime issues when you have an nap.

Some people may never have an issue but others due become diaper dependent over time and its a one way street once it happens in some cases.

Rob110 said:
Be careful nocturnal bed wetting when diapered can change to bed wetting none diapered very quickly and is the hardest habit to break as an adult when self induced and can lead to daytime issues when you have an nap.

Some people may never have an issue but others due become diaper dependent over time and its a one way street once it happens in some cases.

I do wonder if there’s a difference between being comfortable and wetting while you’re diapered versus being out of diapers. My conditioning is focused around it being safe to wet in bed while I’m in diapers. I’ve never felt that feeling when I’m out of diapers. I’m just hoping that line isn’t crossed given a long enough time being diapered at night. Not sure my wife would be happy with me effectively becoming a bedwetter for real.

i can say in my times of unwilling bedwetting "caused by drinking" i was put in a situation to wear diapers to preserve the dry bed, after i quit drinking, i did stop wetting the bed, nowadays i drink water b4 i sleep and intentionally wet the bed for pleasure reasons, however, i still have to maintain controll of the bedwetting due to outa town work situations, but in pcbaby's words your bladder will become a bit weaker due to the lack of controll over night, i would warn of the potential ic problem, it can happen. especially if you wet often, or regularly. good luck, hope it helps. btw, no sence going to bed and not wearing a diaper if you just want that, if you wake and need to pee, but dont wana hit the toilet, its far more convenient to go on the spot, and its not like you went w/o consent, just make sure not to be on your side, lay on back, and make sure to have your "" pointed down in the diaper.

jspoter said:
i can say in my times of unwilling bedwetting "caused by drinking" i was put in a situation to wear diapers to preserve the dry bed, after i quit drinking, i did stop wetting the bed, nowadays i drink water b4 i sleep and intentionally wet the bed for pleasure reasons, however, i still have to maintain controll of the bedwetting due to outa town work situations, but in pcbaby's words your bladder will become a bit weaker due to the lack of controll over night, i would warn of the potential ic problem, it can happen. especially if you wet often, or regularly. good luck, hope it helps. btw, no sence going to bed and not wearing a diaper if you just want that, if you wake and need to pee, but dont wana hit the toilet, its far more convenient to go on the spot, and its not like you went w/o consent, just make sure not to be on your side, lay on back, and make sure to have your "" pointed down in the diaper.

Thank you! That’s exactly what I do right now and I’m planning on wearing diapers from now on either most nights or nightly, depending upon how I’m feeling. I just don’t want to give myself a problem where I actually HAVE to wear diapers because I conditioned myself to become a bedwetter.

Reactions: jspoter
thediaperedhusband said:
With my wife’s thumbs up, I’ve recently started to wear my diapers fairly frequently. I’m not 24/7, but soon plan to wear basically every night. My routine so far has been to make sure I have my overnight diaper on and, each time I wake up in the night, consciously wet. I’m getting much better at wetting laying down now though it’s been suggested to me that training myself to wet in bed so easily could cause me to have real accidents. I’m not sure I really want that to happen.

Is there any merit to that position? Thought and experiences welcome!
I want to start bed wetting as well. But I have a hard time sleeping in diapers.

ChristianDiaperLover said:
I want to start bed wetting as well. But I have a hard time sleeping in diapers.

You get used to it and it’s super convenient not having to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night to pee. Also, it’s all about finding the right diapers. I find that while MegaMax are thick, they are quite soft so they don’t bother me at all. On the other hand, a stiffer diaper will definitely keep me awake longer.

Reactions: eddy200, Scupperguy30 and ChristianDiaperLover
I don't wear to bed as often as I'd like, but when I do wear my subconscious pretty much guarantees that I'll wake up wet.
I have been trying to tell my subconscious when it is OK to wet, and when it is not, but that seems to have very limited success.
To the point where I would like to go to bed padded more often than not, but don't want to face the cleaning in the morning

Reactions: Kyma, CharMeckDL, spaceboy and 1 other person
okram said:
I don't wear to bed as often as I'd like, but when I do wear my subconscious pretty much guarantees that I'll wake up wet.
I have been trying to tell my subconscious when it is OK to wet, and when it is not, but that seems to have very limited success.
To the point where I would like to go to bed padded more often than not, but don't want to face the cleaning in the morning

I actually wouldn’t mind being a bedwetter for so long as I was diapered. My concern comes from when I don’t feel like wearing diapers some days (albeit rare). If there was some way I could condition that response, it would be fine with me.

I've been wearing diapers to bed every night + weekends for the past 2 years and using them and have yet to have any kind of involuntary accidents that I know of. YMMV

Reactions: jenstheboy, Raylynn and thediaperedhusband
Rob110 said:

I agree. I am not a bedwetter and was able to stop wetting after self inducing a couple of other times. However, this time I got to where I was wetting without waking up for a couple weeks and have been having a difficult time breaking this wetting habit.

Reactions: fluffyprison and Kyma
Josh24 said:
I agree. I am not a bedwetter and was able to stop wetting after self inducing a couple of other times. However, this time I got to where I was wetting without waking up for a couple weeks and have been having a difficult time breaking this wetting habit.

How did you self induce though?

thediaperedhusband said:
thediaperedhusband said:
I found certain youtube hypnosis files that worked for me and played them on a loop all night. I listened to some of them during the day as well. Drank lots of water during the day and wore & used diapers during the evening. Drank a big glass of water or milk right before bed. Took some herbal things as well. I also recently started taking a couple new prescriptions (for ADHD), which really help with deep sleep.

Reactions: Emilysunshine
Back