Accepting Reality

Ceary

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Recently hospitalized two weeks ago for Hemiplegic Migraines and since being released after a two day stay, I have had every other day migraine with paralysis lasting hours sometimes. Due to this, I've developed issues peeing properly, more increased urination, and then complete inability to control urine flow during night and day. Within such two to three days, in now 24/7 diapered. I'm overwhelmed. My PCP said it's ok to wear adult diapers. She isn't sending me to urology since my migraines are more priority to stop. I am going to start on a different urinary medicine. I was in a urinary retention medicine for a couple years but not finding it working so we will try something for overactive bladder. I have the diagnosis for OAB and it's been something I've had issues for 19 years. Same as my migraines. Almost hand in hand. I'm not used to always having to be diapered so I'm just looking for advice to daily wear and night wear and hygiene and heat/outdoor activities and workout advice. I live in Florida so it's hot all the time. I find Seni brand the most comfortable for me to sleep in and pretty absorbent. I have gastroparesis and IBS so I'm bloated alot. I am always working doing Instacart and wearing scrub pants that are not loose fitting for massage. I have more expenses now with this so I'll have to find a way to live comfortable and budget for diapers and wipes while I find time to get more medical answers found. I cried alot. It's not the life I thought I'd have but I have experienced it when I got sick with IBS 11 years ago. My boyfriend has been so accepting and doesn't think anything less of me. He is so supportive. I used to like diapers as a diaper lover only for comfort. I never wanted to wear more than occasionally so daily wear is different for me. I'm trying to adapt. Thanks for your help. So far everyone's been so helpful.

Reactions: Diprs2, Fleetwoodmac32192 and Jorelaxed
I am sorry you are dealing with this. Especially the migraines, that's got to be tough. A lot of us in the incontinence section have various medical issues, some worse than others. Like you, I have been dealing with OAB and IBS for pretty much my entire life. Both have slowly gotten worse over the years. I mainly manage with diet, supplements, exercise, stress reduction (meditation), and, of course, diapers. I have lived in Florida for the vast majority of my life too.

Everyone is different with diapers. I have used Seni Quattros and Supers for months at a time, but I keep coming back to plastic-backed disposables during the day. The main reasons are: 1). Ease of use during my very busy day, including traveling a lot 2). Cloth-like backed disposables tend to rub my inner thighs like sand-paper. Ouch! 3). Plastic-backed diapers hold in the smell much better and don't droop as much. Yes, they can get hot, but I've gotten used to it over the years. These days, I'll wear a Incontrol Inspire Original during the day. If I'm exercising or need a diaper for just a short period of time, I'll wear a Depends for men. At night I wear a cotton twill cloth pre-fold with a gauze booster and plastic pants (requires laundering). And, if traveling over night, I'll wear a Incontrol Elite Hybrid, Rearz Alpaca, or some other high absorbency disposable with a Super Sposie booster. And, then a PUL diaper cover over that just in case.

If you have an accepting and supportive significant other, then you are doing much better than some. The whole 24/7 diaper thing gets easier over time I think. There are days when I just want to stay home, but I force myself to just diaper up and jump back into things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, LePew, diaperdude and 1 other person
Eclectic said:
I am sorry you are dealing with this. Especially the migraines, that's got to be tough. A lot of us in the incontinence section have various medical issues, some worse than others. Like you, I have been dealing with OAB and IBS for pretty much my entire life. Both have slowly gotten worse over the years. I mainly manage with diet, supplements, exercise, stress reduction (meditation), and, of course, diapers. I have lived in Florida for the vast majority of my life too.

Everyone is different with diapers. I have used Seni Quattros and Supers for months at a time, but I keep coming back to plastic-backed disposables during the day. The main reasons are: 1). Ease of use during my very busy day, including traveling a lot 2). Cloth-like backed disposables tend to rub my inner thighs like sand-paper. Ouch! 3). Plastic-backed diapers hold in the smell much better and don't droop as much. Yes, they can get hot, but I've gotten used to it over the years. These days, I'll wear a Incontrol Inspire Original during the day. If I'm exercising or need a diaper for just a short period of time, I'll wear a Depends for men. At night I wear a cotton twill cloth pre-fold with a gauze booster and plastic pants (requires laundering). And, if traveling over night, I'll wear a Incontrol Elite Hybrid, Rearz Alpaca, or some other high absorbency disposable with a Super Sposie booster. And, then a PUL diaper cover over that just in case.

If you have an accepting and supportive significant other, then you are doing much better than some. The whole 24/7 diaper thing gets easier over time I think. There are days when I just want to stay home, but I force myself to just diaper up and jump back into things.
Thank you. Florida gets very hot but it is better for me in environment for cold weather makes me sicker. I have lived here for 13 years. I can't regulate my body temperature most times so finding ways to be comfortable in the heat and with being diapered have been a challenge.

I get hot at night even with a fan and AC.

I'll check out those brands you mentioned. I have seen incontrol brand diapers. I haven't heard of super sposie or PUL but sounds like a good thing to look into.

Reactions: Diprs2
Back