Abu two tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleyreva

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
How do the new two tape Abu diapers compare to the old cloth backed cushies?

for two tape, ABU offers the lavender and SDK, which are both the same model of diaper. They're really nothing like the rev1 cushies. About the only similarity is in the size of the tapes. (extra wide) and their position on the diaper. (top's a bit lower than the upper tape on 4-tape diapers)

ABU also sells the Kiddo now, another 2-tape diaper. I like those, very comfy, thick, and with front elastic. Cuddlz also has a two-tape diaper that's very similar to the kiddo in shape, two tapes, and front elastic, but the padding is a tad thinner but looks to have a more sap (they really swell when wet) and a harder plastic shell that's very loud. Those two are definitely more comfortable than the lavender/SDK, which are themselves a lot more comfortable (and hold a LOT more and don't leak) than the original cushies. I have NO love for the original cushies, they were junk. The ONLY thing they had going for them is they were the only two tape ABDL diaper available at the time. Once better diapers showed up, these needed to go away.

So if you're looking for a really nice 2-tape diaper, go with Kiddo or Crinklz. (I'm waiting for ABU to restock their kiddo!)

(I'm a little surprised we don't see Tykables selling a 2-tape version of their new overnights... all plastic front elastic two tape velcro... now THAT would be nice)

I never got to try the old cloth backed Cushies but completely love the whole ABU 2 tape Vintage range of SDKs, Lavender, Cushies and now Kiddos.

I remember reading somewhere the difference between the old ABUs Cushies and the new ABUs are the leak guards now work and the capacity is greatly improved but I think the fit is basically the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back