ABU Little Kings

Davvyboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi friends, I took delivery of a pack of ABU Little Kings and Alphorgatorz yesterday. Couldn’t wait to try either out ! My aim was to have 6 x 500ml bottles of beer without a change. Put a Little Kings on over 12 hours ago, had 4 beers then put a Terry nappy pull up and plastic pants on over the top. Had remaining 2more beers and now about a litre of water. Still going strong. These nappies are simply incredible!!! Soft, comfortable, rustle free and delightful looking. They hold more than a Treste Elite in my opinion.

Reactions: Seabear, uknappygirl, TigerDL and 3 others
Just ordered a pack of little kings a few hrs ago and I’m super excited to try them! How long did it take for you to get them after you ordered them?

Reactions: Chosen
abdlchristian12 said:
Just ordered a pack of little kings a few hrs ago and I’m super excited to try them! How long did it take for you to get them after you ordered them?
I live in the UK. Ordered them from ABUniverse next day delivery pre 12 am. They arrived the next day around 10am. You are in for a treat ! They are so comfortable being cloth backed and they are the most absorbent I’ve ever worn ! Hope they arrive soon. Enjoy !

• Love
Reactions: abdlchristian12 and Chosen
Definitely my favorite AB disposable diapers. There are still a couple of baby diaper features I’d love to see on these (like stretchy sides), but on the whole, I still think they’re the closest thing we have to modern Pampers in adult sizes.

Reactions: MeDisneyBaby, Carlinnappies, grst and 2 others
Cottontail said:
Definitely my favorite AB disposable diapers. There are still a couple of baby diaper features I’d love to see on these (like stretchy sides), but on the whole, I still think they’re the closest thing we have to modern Pampers in adult sizes.
They are superb. Thank you Cottontail.

Reactions: perlFerret
Isn’t it crazy how far abdl diapers have come in the last few years? Imagine the things available to us in the next 5 years!

I remember when I was blown away by the thickness and absorbency of a bambino teddy the first time I tried one. Now I would consider those too cheap/thin for me! Lol.

• Thinking
Reactions: Davvyboy, TigerDL, perlFerret and 1 other person
I'm glad I ordered these in February for EUR 27,95 and that I still have some of them because I see that they're not only sold out, but they go for 39,95 now! That is a 43% increase in just 4 months. ABU has quickly become the most expensive brand in the whole market, even when you order directly from them and effectively cutting out the middle man. I wonder if we are going to see such massive increases in other shops as well...

edit: I also bought space in that order, it went from 17.95 to 31,95 in this same period... also sold out. That is a 78% price increase in 4 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Davvyboy
Waddler said:
I'm glad I ordered these in February for EUR 27,95 and that I still have some of them because I see that they're not only sold out, but they go for 39,95 now! That is a 43% increase in just 4 months. ABU has quickly become the most expensive brand in the whole market, even when you order directly from them and effectively cutting out the middle man. I wonder if we are going to see such massive increases in other shops as well...

edit: I also bought space in that order, it went from 17.95 to 31,95 in this same period... also sold out. That is a 78% price increase in 4 months.

But the problem is, you will end up paying more on your next order. Same as the cost of gas and other necessities. What I like about the samples I got, is that they are very well made, pleasantly scented (very pleasantly, in fact), quiet, and actually pretty discrete yet they remain fairly substantial. Yes, they are priced a bit steep, but they can also be worn for longer durations which brings their cost down closer to other disposables that won't hold up as well because not as many are needed.

Reactions: Davvyboy and perlFerret
Honeywell6180 said:
But the problem is, you will end up paying more on your next order. Same as the cost of gas and other necessities. What I like about the samples I got, is that they are very well made, pleasantly scented (very pleasantly, in fact), quiet, and actually pretty discrete yet they remain fairly substantial. Yes, they are priced a bit steep, but they can also be worn for longer durations which brings their cost down closer to other disposables that won't hold up as well because not as many are needed.
I am not sure if I am going to order these again if they are this expensive. I attribute this steep increase on not only the increased price of resources but also the fact that their demand has greatly increased, making it possible for ABU to increase their margin and to profit from their incredible new designs (no hard feelings here!). I have bought a lot of different diapers from different manufacturers lately and my secret stash is filled to the brim so I'm not buying any new diapers soon and I hope the prices will stabilize a bit in the meantime, maybe their production capacities will increase a bit, other incredible diapers will appear and the initial demand boom will also end.

Reactions: SAPexpanded
abdlchristian12 said:
Isn’t it crazy how far abdl diapers have come in the last few years? Imagine the things available to us in the next 5 years!
Totally. I like that we’re starting to see a real commitment to cloth-backed AB diapers, and that the printing processes have caught up to those used for baby diapers. I know that cloth-backed diapers are not universally loved, and that many in the plastic camp view them as the herald of doom, but I think that's a narrow and overly pessimistic way of looking at things. In the end, we're a diverse group with diverse sets of preferences. It's a sign that the diaper market is healthy when our AB diaper makers can match that diversity with their product offerings.

Waddler said:
I am not sure if I am going to order these again if they are this expensive. I attribute this steep increase on not only the increased price of resources but also the fact that their demand has greatly increased, making it possible for ABU to increase their margin and to profit from their incredible new designs (no hard feelings here!). I have bought a lot of different diapers from different manufacturers lately and my secret stash is filled to the brim so I'm not buying any new diapers soon and I hope the prices will stabilize a bit in the meantime, maybe their production capacities will increase a bit, other incredible diapers will appear and the initial demand boom will also end.
They'll come down in price eventually, but I don't doubt that this positional printing process adds a lot of cost. It requires more size-specific tooling, and leads to size-specific rolls of printed material. As well, each of these smaller rolls probably gets less of a price break than a single larger roll would have. In the end, it's probably not reasonable to expect that these diapers will ever compete for price with their less-fancy predecessors.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyLink9, Davvyboy and perlFerret
I just got my bag of Little Kings. I’m still feeling guilty about paying the price but I justified it by working a couple extra hours.
I like the cloth covering. It was stiffer than I expected but they are comfortable when wearing.

The design is very, very cute but the cuteness of the butt is wasted on me because I don’t have anyone to comment on how cute my butt looks in the diaper. Oh well.

I ordered mediums and they seem to be sized comparable to my Abena M4s. In fact they remind me quite a bit of the ABena M4 Abri-flex which are cloth covered but without the hook and loop.

They do absorb a lot. I wore overnight and wet a few times including when I got up and there was no leakage. They seem to wick towards the back and held a lot without squishing and leaking out.

The hook and loop is great and holds well even when I have the diaper stuffed with a booster. It feels nice and secure after moving around and doing some light hone maintenance.

It is definitely another winner from ABU but, because of the price,I will only wear them when I need a cute pick-me up as opposed to just a regular diaper.
If they made this in a cheaper version (plain white or perhaps a plain color), this IMHO would be a winner with more volume potential because of a lower price.

On another note, I am still waiting for my order of alpha gators which I ordered at the same time. They unexpectedly ran out and were very courteous and apologetic and notified me and offered to refund the payment. Since I got over the hurdle of splurging for them I let it ride. I hope they come in soon.

Would like to get some, but at over £26 a pack, just for 10 nappies! Then if you include shipping over £30 per pack

Seriously, I can't justify in spending that amount of money on some printed nappies cute as they are.
When in reality all I'm going to do is throw them in the bin after doing my business in them.

Sorry ABU that just taking the piss no pun in tented lol

Last edited:
Why did the alpha gators sell so quick? Didn’t the little kings win the race? Lol

qwertyqwerty said:
Why did the alpha gators sell so quick? Didn’t the little kings win the race? Lol
I'm guessing they stocked more Little Kings to meet the sales trend since they were selling out faster than the AlphaGatorZs.

Reactions: TigerDL and Davvyboy
I was just thinking I should order some more diapers after working 2 weeks of 12s. Out of stock again, but I will get some eventually lol.

They sell like hot cakes , get em while they’re hot

Reactions: TigerDL, abdlchristian12 and Davvyboy
I just ordered 4 more bags of Little Kings. I'm not waiting for case prices because who knows when that'll be.

Went ahead and added myself to the notifications list, hopefully they dont sell out too fast this time.

They are back in stock! That was quick. Hopefully case quantities will come soon so we don’t have to pay 50 bucks for one pack of diapers!

No alphagatorzzzz

Back