ABU Alphagatorz Diapering Help (for a chubby guy)

puddlefeet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
So I am trying to put on an ABU Alphagatorz diaper, but I can never have it match how they do it... is it because their models are incredibly thin or my size isn't right? I weigh 220 lbs and am wearing a large diaper. I feel like the extra large might be too big.

The biggest thing I notice is they have the tapes on the side, I like my tapes to be kind of tight and with a large diaper, having the tapes like this would make this a loose fitting diaper for me. Should I get a medium size?

Attachments

• 784B3DC7-45AE-44D6-9759-B3062030ED30.jpeg
    784B3DC7-45AE-44D6-9759-B3062030ED30.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 03873B41-F8AA-41C4-B99B-05D1C50C4CE3.jpeg
    03873B41-F8AA-41C4-B99B-05D1C50C4CE3.jpeg
    636.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
If it's not leaking or falling off you have a great, toddlerific fit.

• Haha
Reactions: Cottontail, puddlefeet and TigerDL
puddlefeet said:
The biggest thing I notice is they have the tapes on the side, I like my tapes to be kind of tight and with a large diaper, having the tapes like this would make this a loose fitting diaper for me. Should I get a medium size?
Diaper companies like using a size where the tapes are to the side so that you can see most of the front print. But in actual wearing, I think it's better to have the tapes a little further toward the front, like you have there. It indicates the sizing is pretty good, not too big, not too small. When the tapes get to the sides of the wings, that to me indicates it's time or almost time to size up.

• Love
Reactions: Joediaper and puddlefeet
TigerDL said:
Diaper companies like using a size where the tapes are to the side so that you can see most of the front print. But in actual wearing, I think it's better to have the tapes a little further toward the front, like you have there. It indicates the sizing is pretty good, not too big, not too small. When the tapes get to the sides of the wings, that to me indicates it's time or almost time to size up.
I second this. I theoretically should be wearing medium, which makes it look like the models on the website, but I wear large and I get a fit like the one you describe.

• Love
Reactions: puddlefeet
Don't go to medium, I'm about 180lb and the mediums fit but are definitely tight.

The fit is just something to play around with. Play around a lil bit with how high the back waistband is placed. Whether you do top or bottom tapes first changes the fit. Whether you put them on standing up or laying down. Just play around.

• Wow
Wearing my first one currently.
It’s a medium size, as are all of my other disposable brands, but when fitting it my GF did comment that the tapes didn’t seem to go as far round on the Aligatorz as it did on my other nappies.

• Thinking
Joediaper said:
If it's not leaking or falling off you have a great, toddlerific fit.
To be honest I'm a little scared to use these to the point of leaking. I heard they are only good enough for two to three wettings.

Reactions: Joediaper
TigerDL said:
That is what I thought! Even pampers advertise their diapers to have tapes in the front, even though they are just two tape diapers, but still.

Mehrabad98 said:
I second this. I theoretically should be wearing medium, which makes it look like the models on the website, but I wear large and I get a fit like the one you describe.
I'm all not that tight fit!

distract said:
Don't go to medium, I'm about 180lb and the mediums fit but are definitely tight.

The fit is just something to play around with. Play around a lil bit with how high the back waistband is placed. Whether you do top or bottom tapes first changes the fit. Whether you put them on standing up or laying down. Just play around.
Yeah sometimes I think the tapes can go back about an inch, but as stated in the previous reply, I do love a tighter diaper!

Forced said:
Wearing my first one currently.
It’s a medium size, as are all of my other disposable brands, but when fitting it my GF did comment that the tapes didn’t seem to go as far round on the Aligatorz as it did on my other nappies.
Maybe it's because of the new diaper cut?

puddlefeet said:
To be honest I'm a little scared to use these to the point of leaking. I heard they are only good enough for two to three wettings.
I wore that diaper all day at work for over 10hr did leaking at all wet them few time or more nice to feel like kid again too in pamper

Reactions: Cottontail
puddlefeet said:
Who said that, I wonder? Probably somebody with an abnormally large bladder, ha ha! Of course, a "wetting" isn't a standard unit of measure, so those numbers don't mean a lot. I get about 5-6 hours out of a Little Kings (same basic diaper), and that's while keeping very well hydrated. I might wet 8-10 times, but then my tendency in diapers is to wet often and in smaller amounts. Waiting until you feel very full and then flooding is a good way to underutilize any diaper, and it increases the chances of leaking.

Reactions: Joediaper
What's your waist size? Use that not weight. They have a size chart for a reason.

Reactions: DLScottsman
Back