ABDL's With Synesthesia

BabyBoy2023 said:
. Because I can see light, I know what gold looks like. It has a reflective shine that is different from that of silver.
Have you ever done any prospecting or placering?

vp39 said:
Have you ever done any prospecting or placering?
Prospecting or placering? What is that?

BabyBoy2023 said:
Prospecting or placering? What is that?
A couple of different methods of gold mining. My father made a living at placering for a few years just before WWII. Since gold is most often found native the ability to visually ID it would be a big advantage, I'd think.

vp39 said:
A couple of different methods of gold mining. My father made a living at placering for a few years just before WWII. Since gold is most often found native the ability to visually ID it would be a big advantage, I'd think.
I have had retinopathy since my premature birth. So I'm thinking prospecting and placering would not be possible for me to do.

I12BLittle89 said:
This is interesting. I assigned anthropic roles to numbers as a kid. The idea has mostly waned as I’ve gotten older. 1 was the baby of the family. 2 was a smarter and older baby. 3 was always getting in trouble and doing stupid stuff. 4 was mom. 5 I think was dad? 6 was grandpa I think? I don’t remember much else. I remember 9 being my mean brother. I hated the number 9 for the longest time. My brother was an ass to me and it was when my brother turned 9 that I realized that life sucks. So subconsciously numbers had a strange assignment.
That's funny, because the number 1 if I had either read it in Braille or heard it spoken was a short chunky toddler with a soaked diaper drooping between his or her legs. The number 2 was the kick of a baby's foot. Now the number 12 feels simply like a baby bottle, one of the older ones they used to make. You probably remember them if you were old enough to remember. They weren't necessarily round, but they weren't square.They were eight-sided and they were made of the same plastic as milk jugs. In fact, sometimes, a baby would suck the bottle until it literally flattened. The number 12 feels like one of those bottles, but not sucked flat, LOL. Really, I miss those bottles. I wish I could go back to being a baby physically and have one of those bottles to suck.

Have something that I think is called 'dual mirror synesthesia'. It is a hyper empathy brain wiring. If I am watching the 'stupid people' videos and say a skate boarder, or anyone, falls on concrete, I get an electrical shock that runs up from my legs. Very painful, hate it, no good reason for it. Empathic response to seeing someone get hurt but it only happens when someone is on concrete because I know they are going to get scraped up good.

Who here has taste synesthesia? I can give you a few examples. The name Dorene tastes like an orange to me whereas the name Alice tastes and smells like a ripe apple. Warren tastes and smells of onions.

What words generate synesthetic effects for you?

I'm a music synesthete.

For as long as I can remember, I've always associated visual imagery with music.

For example, I percieve various songs, voices and instrumental compositions in various patterns and color schemes.

Reactions: perlFerret and leafgoalie
Sidewinder said:
I'm a music synesthete.

For as long as I can remember, I've always associated visual imagery with music.

For example, I percieve various songs, voices and instrumental compositions in various patterns and color schemes.
I have some synesthesia associated with music. A lush harp being strummed from the bottom string to the top smells like a garden of roses, and there are musical chords that can trigger my sense of smell too. For example, for some reason, whenever I smell that sweet-and-sour stale cabage smell of toddler poop (9 months to a year of age,) I hear the g6 chord. When that chord is played, I smell it. A pickalo's high notes smells of tarnished brass. Have you ever smelled tarnished brass? It has a unique scent. It's weird because a warbling pickalo has a quality to it that looks like a mirror being rocked rapidly from side-to-side in front of my eyes in a way that makes the light wave back-and-forth. It's weird and I never understood why such things could happen.
Believe it or not, some sounds actually hurt like a sharp blade on my fingertips or radiant heat burning my skin. The track entitled "Threshold," which is Steve Miller's synthesizer track at the begining of "Jet Airliner," feels like electric heat hitting me dead on. When I was a kid, that track used to scare the hell out of me because it felt like some sort of ray gun burning my skin. Now I appreciate the track though it still has that feel. I appreciate and embrace my synesthesia, and I wish to share my experiences with the world. I dare not tell some members of my family because they are bullies and will accuse me of being crazy or something along those lines.

Reactions: Sidewinder
I sometimes smell cooking food when I'm practicing piano. It's weird.

BabyBoy2023 said:
I have some synesthesia associated with music. A lush harp being strummed from the bottom string to the top smells like a garden of roses, and there are musical chords that can trigger my sense of smell too. For example, for some reason, whenever I smell that sweet-and-sour stale cabage smell of toddler poop (9 months to a year of age,) I hear the g6 chord. When that chord is played, I smell it. A pickalo's high notes smells of tarnished brass. Have you ever smelled tarnished brass? It has a unique scent. It's weird because a warbling pickalo has a quality to it that looks like a mirror being rocked rapidly from side-to-side in front of my eyes in a way that makes the light wave back-and-forth. It's weird and I never understood why such things could happen.
Believe it or not, some sounds actually hurt like a sharp blade on my fingertips or radiant heat burning my skin. The track entitled "Threshold," which is Steve Miller's synthesizer track at the begining of "Jet Airliner," feels like electric heat hitting me dead on. When I was a kid, that track used to scare the hell out of me because it felt like some sort of ray gun burning my skin. Now I appreciate the track though it still has that feel. I appreciate and embrace my synesthesia, and I wish to share my experiences with the world. I dare not tell some members of my family because they are bullies and will accuse me of being crazy or something along those lines.
One example of music related synesthesia that I experience are when I hear the Pink Floyd song, Us and Them, which I perceive it starting off as a splotchy glowing pool of bright neon colors, reds, blues, greens materializing in a void of absolute darkness As the organ starts, then as the rest of the instruments start, that pool of colors transforms into geometric shapes, squares, triangles, circles that slowly spin, rotate and change shape and color in time to the music as they move about the darkness.

Then, when it gets to the really loud parts, it perceive it as waves of bright blue ocean water splashing into jagged rock formations, then receding as the music goes soft again.

I’ve always wondered about this and I’ve heard of a few musicians who also claim to have it (Kanye comes to mind) as well. When you hear a sound and it triggers another sense, is that based on pitch or timbre or both? Like for instance if I play a G on guitar will it trigger the same sense as if playing a G on like piano? Maybe I’m misunderstanding the phenomenon if so I apologize.

Last edited:
lucaD said:
I’ve always wondered about this and I’ve heard of a few musicians who also claim to have it (Kanye comes to mind) as well. When you hear a sound and it triggers another sense, is that based on pitch or timbre or both? Like for instance if I play a G on guitar will it trigger the same sense as if playing a G on like piano? Maybe I’m misunderstanding the phenomenon if so I apologize.
Not necessarily. I can hear a g on a guitar and it doesn't envoke any sense. A g on a piano starts as a bright light that fades away slowly as the sound fades during the hold. The low piano notes envoke senses of painful brightness to my eyes when played loudly. They are extremely bright and luminous, but when played loudly, it is like looking directly at the sun. In Steely Dan's "Deacon Blues," the g6 chord that triggers the smell mentioned earlier is by the instruments that hold a note and don't fade. I get extreme joy and pleasure from this sound and the smell it triggers. Piano strings

Reactions: perlFerret and vp39
BabyBoy2023 said:
Not necessarily. I can hear a g on a guitar and it doesn't envoke any sense. A g on a piano starts as a bright light that fades away slowly as the sound fades during the hold. The low piano notes envoke senses of painful brightness to my eyes when played loudly. They are extremely bright and luminous, but when played loudly, it is like looking directly at the sun. In Steely Dan's "Deacon Blues," the g6 chord that triggers the smell mentioned earlier is by the instruments that hold a note and don't fade. I get extreme joy and pleasure from this sound and the smell it triggers. Piano strings
G on piano is dark blue to me, Bb (in Europe B) is turquoise, B (in Europe H) is khaki. Major is always brigh, moll is pastel. When I was child I used to write digits with coloured pencills in my exercise book, all the digits has their own colour. Now I try it in English not in my native language, it changes, so colour doesn't trigger the digit itself but triggers the sound of name of digit...

Reactions: perlFerret and vp39
I have a new ARP Odyssey, a synthesizer manufactured by Korg, and just a few minutes ago, I completed my audio recording of my first experiment, recreating the "Threshold" track to the Steve Miller Band's hit, "Jet Airliner." I did this using Audacity for Windows as the recording platform in combination with my ARP Odyssey and Presonus AR8 studio mixer. When you listen to this zip attachment, what synesthetic effect does it have on you? I would like your take on it. After you tell me yours, I will tell you mine.

Merry Christmas,
BabyBoy2023

Attachments

• Threshold.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I have a spacial association with dates and times similar to others that has been described as synesthetic in texts... but, I'm not sure. Dates and times have a "pull" in different directions. I have a vague association of certain colors, numbers, and shapes as well, but again, nothing so sharp as to be officially declared synesthesia by a professional.

well, i have some of that, I see music all the time, one reason i love music. I also know a lot of musicians that are the same way as well.

I also relate nearly everything i needed to rote learn to music, i was unable to learn things like multiplication tables, and putting them to a tune makes it easily remembered as example.

Now after i had a abd TBI i lost the ability to recall a lot of names of things or people easily, and i have to find the tune/notes for what i want to say and then make the word from the tune now. I cant recall most names after the accident. before the accident is better.

But also I and several musicians i work with have perfect pitch, aka hear notes about perfect even from thier own singing. Like match a guitar to voice without needing earphones or anything.

But, some i know have other things beyond the music to visual/feeling like smelling colors is one friend.

I think having the extra experiance with the music gravitates people with this to the music industry.

Reactions: dogboy and BabyBoy2023
Bigbabybret said:
well, i have some of that, I see music all the time, one reason i love music. I also know a lot of musicians that are the same way as well.

I also relate nearly everything i needed to rote learn to music, i was unable to learn things like multiplication tables, and putting them to a tune makes it easily remembered as example.

Now after i had a abd TBI i lost the ability to recall a lot of names of things or people easily, and i have to find the tune/notes for what i want to say and then make the word from the tune now. I cant recall most names after the accident. before the accident is better.

But also I and several musicians i work with have perfect pitch, aka hear notes about perfect even from thier own singing. Like match a guitar to voice without needing earphones or anything.

But, some i know have other things beyond the music to visual/feeling like smelling colors is one friend.

I think having the extra experiance with the music gravitates people with this to the music industry.
If you downloaded the Threshold file attached to the post I made on Christmas Eve, what did you think of it? Did you listen to it? What are your synesthetic experiences with this file? I feel focused heat on a certain part of my body with every pitch, and as the chord slides down, so does the heat. I also see light that fades in and out with every chord, and when the chord slides down, the light shifts before fading out with the chord. At the end of the track, when the high wooping note is played, combined with the bass chord, it is almost painful, like a burn.

BabyBoy2023 said:
If you downloaded the Threshold file attached to the post I made on Christmas Eve, what did you think of it? Did you listen to it? What are your synesthetic experiences with this file? I feel focused heat on a certain part of my body with every pitch, and as the chord slides down, so does the heat. I also see light that fades in and out with every chord, and when the chord slides down, the light shifts before fading out with the chord. At the end of the track, when the high wooping note is played, combined with the bass chord, it is almost painful, like a burn.
Not yet, i'm i bed still, will likely be all day, bad back pain and migrain going since xmas eve, but it will subside at some point and ill listen to it.

right now with my autonomic issues i feel odd heat/cold sweatting and such all the time, so that part will be unknowable as of right now, but i will chaeck it out and let you know if there is anything i see/feel.

over did it on xams with the kids and such. will take it a couple days.

Last edited:
Back