Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 5 guest views remaining

ABDL Walk-In Shops UK??

Littleman12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Are there any walk in high street abdl shops in the uk?

Not that I know of. Nappies R Us and ABU let you collect from their warehouses: I reckon that’s about as close as you’ll get.

If the Nappies R Us shop in Bolton that remains is anything like their closed Aylesbury branch was, then yes, it has a proper shop front.

It used to be set out like a convenience store with shelves stacked with the different products and a person on the checkout counter at the end. You would never be asked or name or address or who the product was for. The staff would not approach you or engage in conversation unless you did, but they were friendly and matter-of fact.

When I was working in the area I would often pop in for a bag of L4s and a bag of Betterdry, perhaps have a browse and choose something else.

Then I would just plonk them on the counter, pay cash and go- no questions asked.

The ABDL stuff was under the counter, but you had to do was ask. Eg “can I also have a pack of large ABU SDK’s, please?” and they would be fetched with a “sure”.

No raised eyebrows, questions or comments. Very professional.

If Bolton is the same, then it will be your ideal nappy shop experience.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, Ali123 and PampersboyLondon
OP, go to the abu website and into the abucares section, write the question there, your more then likely going to get a reply from Mihles, he's a UK rep, very nice person, had the pleasure of meeting him at Capcon.

Of course! I forgot ABU stuff is only available from ABU itself, who have a UK branch now. Sorry- forgot to update my brain! 🤪

PCS said:
If the Nappies R Us shop in Bolton that remains is anything like their closed Aylesbury branch was, then yes, it has a proper shop front.

It used to be set out like a convenience store with shelves stacked with the different products and a person on the checkout counter at the end. You would never be asked or name or address or who the product was for. The staff would not approach you or engage in conversation unless you did, but they were friendly and matter-of fact.

When I was working in the area I would often pop in for a bag of L4s and a bag of Betterdry, perhaps have a browse and choose something else.

Then I would just plonk them on the counter, pay cash and go- no questions asked.

The ABDL stuff was under the counter, but you had to do was ask. Eg “can I also have a pack of large ABU SDK’s, please?” and they would be fetched with a “sure”.

I live in Buckinghamshire not far from Aylesbury and although I've always used Nappies R Us I was never brave enough to go into the shop there. I always got them delivered... In hindsight if I was more confident I could have saved myself a fair bit in shipping costs.

First time walking in I was sooooo nervous I almost bottled it. But they were great, and subsequent visits I felt a lot more confident and comfy. I just always wished they had somewhere for customers to change into their products 🙂

Will hopefully get to Bolton one day.

Remember Boots sell adult nappies and if you really lucky then you got Asda with tena slip and you got Tesco with there special needs nappies

About 15 years ago I used to frequent a mobility shop in the next town over to buy adult incontinence nappies as I got the urge to wear and in the last purge I chucked all my nappies away so needed to restock. The mobility shop sold the usual disability related stuff more for older people but they had a stock of all-in-one nappies. First time I went in I was super nervous. I picked two packs of generic brand nappies off the shelf and payed at the till, I remember fumbling that they were for my grandma, Me being only 19 at the time my grandma must of been in her middle 50s and not needing big bulky all-in-one nappies and certainly not letting her grandson purchase them for her. I also got them to to put the nappies in large black bin liners which they were happy to do so they wouldn't be seen when walking the 6 miles home, I was too embarrassed to be seen on the bus.

More frequent visits I become less nervous. Nearly 20 years later I now know that if you're acting nervous buying adult nappies - if I was selling them I would 100% know they were for you. I had sold some of my medical nappy over-stock on eBay once and this person who came to my house to pick them up was super nervous, told me they was for his Dad. I knew straight away they were for him. sold some more a little later and we got talking over text messengers and I was right, he was a adult baby.

Last edited:
PCS said:

I agree I used to shop in the Aylesbury branch too and always for abdl unfortunatly they have shut this branch now and moved everything to Bolton which sadly is too far from where I live to travel.

Reactions: PampersboyLondon
littlejunioruk1982 said:
Remember Boots sell adult nappies and if you really lucky then you got Asda with tena slip and you got Tesco with there special needs nappies

Yes, but all the products are awful.

You'd have better luck with a mobility shop in the UK.

Yes tried boots but they very rarely have full tape up nappies they’re more like pull-up style which I seldom use as it’s not the cute look and feel that I crave but will look in Asda etc

LittleScotty said:
I live in Buckinghamshire not far from Aylesbury and although I've always used Nappies R Us I was never brave enough to go into the shop there. I always got them delivered... In hindsight if I was more confident I could have saved myself a fair bit in shipping costs.

Such a shame that shop was brilliant, we used to do a trip to Aylesbury also living in Bucks one of our friends used to come up and we’d take a drive out and pick up a collection order.

Service was always top quality such a shame it went 😔

Reactions: LittleScotty
Omg yeah !! Such a shame I used to just pop in after looking online at what I wanted then just go buy it ! I bought loads of things from them and my “stash” was getting bigger and better then unfortunatelyi had a serious fire and lost the lot nappies and all but now I can’t replace them 😩

Safari said:
Omg yeah !! Such a shame I used to just pop in after looking online at what I wanted then just go buy it ! I bought loads of things from them and my “stash” was getting bigger and better then unfortunatelyi had a serious fire and lost the lot nappies and all but now I can’t replace them 😩

😱 nooooo! That’s so sucky I’d be gutted especially if you had vintage stock

Reactions: Safari
I know I was gutted I had loads of stuff from terry nappies plastic pants in many varieties,disposables ,boosters, onesies etc I stood and cried as I watched the lot go up in flames 😢

I should also add that I thank my lucky stars that everybody made it out without harm and thanks to the brave men and women of the fire brigade that came to our rescue

Reactions: PampersboyLondon and billybobtombo
Nor
Safari said:
Yes tried boots but they very rarely have full tape up nappies they’re more like pull-up style which I seldom use as it’s not the cute look and feel that I crave but will look in Asda etc
Normal they sell in shop :

Reactions: Safari
Thank you !!

Back