ABDL Training Pants???

ABDElsa

TheFrozenABDL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Can someone please explain to me exactly what ABDL Training Pants are? Seems to me like that kind of defeats the whole purpose of being an ABDL as we wear Diapers not Training Pants. It's not like we need these to potty-train ourselves. Most of us are already potty-trained (unless you're incontinent) and we un-potty-train ourselves by wearing/using Diapers long-term and become Diaper dependent. Is it because some ABDLs wanna get out of Diapers and back into regular Underwear and need to re-potty-train themselves? Because I know some ABDLs aren't ABDLs the rest of their lives, some lose interest, or just stop eventually for whatever reason. So, in theory, I guess if you're no longer interested in being an ABDL you need to re-potty-train yourself to get out of Diapers permanently. ADISC Community please help me understand why Rearz makes these and what they're for, and as always...stay Diapered🧷...unless you wanna re-potty-train yourself I guess??? IDK 🤔

They're just cushy undies. I doubt few people re-potty train themselves using these.

Reactions: Angelapinks
ronnieM said:
They're just cushy undies. I doubt few people re-potty train themselves using these.
I see. So, then this begs another question. Why would ABDLs choose these undies over Diapers?! The whole point of being an ABDL is wearing/using Diapers not Dinosaur undies. That's what a child would wear. I wore Spider-man undies when I was like 7-10 I think before switching to boxers. They just seem like more a little kid's thing than an ABDL thing. Seeing as AB is all about being a Big Baby, and DL is about loving Diapers not Dinosaur Undies. It's all right there in the name Adult Baby/Diaper Lover. Not Adult Child/Dinosaur Underwear Lover. I'm so confused ???🤔

Last edited:
Some people don't have the kind of money to throw around to wear diapers 24/7, so they get reusable things like these so they can still feel little.

Reactions: jcwilliams343 and Angelapinks
ronnieM said:
Some people don't have the kind of money to throw around to wear diapers 24/7, so they get reusable things like these so they can still feel little.
O OK that actually makes a lot of sense.

SecretlyABDL94 said:
I see. So, then this begs another question. Why would ABDLs choose these undies over Diapers?! The whole point of being an ABDL is wearing/using Diapers not Dinosaur undies. That's what a child would wear. I wore Spider-man undies when I was like 7-10 I think before switching to boxers. They just seem like more a little kid's thing than an ABDL thing. Seeing as AB is all about being a Big Baby, and DL is about loving Diapers not Dinosaur Undies. It's all right there in the name Adult Baby/Diaper Lover. Not Adult Child/Dinosaur Underwear Lover. I'm so confused ???🤔
not everyone is into diapers as well, I prefer goodnites to diapers any day, and I actually dislike most adult diapers. Everyone has their own preferences.

Vivi said:
not everyone is into diapers as well, I prefer goodnites to diapers any day, and I actually dislike most adult diapers. Everyone has their own preferences.
True very true everyone has their own preferences. I wouldn't mind wearing Goodnites if I could fit into them.

I've been considering getting a pair myself and I'll give some perspective toward why I, personally, like the concept:

-I usually use hook-and-loop diapers so I can go #2 in the toilet if I don't want to mess myself. Recently I found taking my diaper off to use the toilet reminded me of potty training, and I've developed an interest in potty training roleplay. Sometimes my Little-space age is at an age that could start potty training. I like the concept of "using" these and then being put in diapers while they're in the wash

-The Underwear style is more discreet under clothing and I could easily wear it in public without worrying about it showing or needing an extra layer of a onesie to hide the crinkles

-Wetting in training pants feels "naughtier" than wetting in diapers, feeling more like a true accident.

-It's been super hot lately, I think these would feel "cooler" on in hot temperatures without having to sacrifice feeling small

Just for a different kind of AB/DL play than typical diapering

• Wow
Reactions: moorey, Lostdiapersboy, WillFord384 and 2 others
They are simiular to pull ups. Have an absobent core and on the outside lok like normal underwear for boys/girls.

SecretlyABDL94 said:
Can someone please explain to me exactly what ABDL Training Pants are? Seems to me like that kind of defeats the whole purpose of being an ABDL as we wear Diapers not Training Pants. It's not like we need these to potty-train ourselves. Most of us are already potty-trained (unless you're incontinent) and we un-potty-train ourselves by wearing/using Diapers long-term and become Diaper dependent. Is it because some ABDLs wanna get out of Diapers and back into regular Underwear and need to re-potty-train themselves? Because I know some ABDLs aren't ABDLs the rest of their lives, some lose interest, or just stop eventually for whatever reason. So, in theory, I guess if you're no longer interested in being an ABDL you need to re-potty-train yourself to get out of Diapers permanently. ADISC Community please help me understand why Rearz makes these and what they're for, and as always...stay Diapered🧷...unless you wanna re-potty-train yourself I guess??? IDK 🤔

Ypu can't un=potty train yourself or become diaper dependent, nor should you try.

(My first post after my intro…be kind please.) For our DDlg playtime, training pants are sometimes used when we role-play. Frankly, they look cute and pull me into feeling “little” like few things can. A typical scenario might have me experience an “accident “ while wearing training pants…receive a punishment of some kind and then put into diapers until I can “learn” how to hold my pee. That may sound dumb if you are not into age-play. If training pants are laid out for me to wear before my Hubby goes to work, it is a daylong tease for both of us, knowing that it is going to be a fun night! They are embarrassing too which is a secret thrill if I am wearing them while going about my daily activities. They have no real practical use unless you wear plastic pants with them. Sorry if this sounds too obvious or silly.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384, ABDElsa and Angelapinks
SecretlyABDL94 said:
O OK that actually makes a lot of sense.
They also tick the boxes in terms of tactility and just the idea of [almost] being diapered.

Bear in mind, too, that there's also your idea of what a diaper is, or should be, and whence you got it (and how that factors into your idea of abdl-ness).
Early photos show some children wearing very thick, long underpants (distinctive from the thinner types) when wearing fancy clothes. In an age before rubber, plastic, elastics and modern fabrics were commonplace, people seemed to have made their own accommodations for children's 'accidents'.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384, ABDElsa and Angelapinks
SecretlyABDL94 said:

I use these at night as an added layer of protection over my night diaper when I can't afford to by lots of premium diapers. When you use at least one per night, 7 days a week the cost adds up pretty quickly when you are retired on a fixed income. These offer overflow protection now as I am becoming a very heavy wetter once fully asleep. I use Tranquility ATN diapers that are pretty good in themselves but some nights they are flooded and my training pants are also wet as well as the rubber pants also. If I fall asleep at about 12:30 AM to 1:00 AM and don't wake until (9:00 AM or !0:00 AM, I am fully soaking wet most times.

Reactions: WillFord384 and ABDElsa
This thread seemed right up my alley, so I figured I'd give my two cents on the subject.
Training pants can be of either the reusable or disposable type. An everyday example of the disposables is the Huggies Pull-ups. They are designed like a diaper, but with refastenable sides to allow for easy on/off if the wearer wishes to try and use the toilet. They are also absorbent and disposable in case of an accident. However, they are not super absorbent, and will leak easily resulting in wet pants.
Reusable training pants are basically extra thick undies that are designed to NOT hold a lot of liquid; hence "teaching" the wearer about the consequences of an accident. I personally do not prefer these, as they are quite messy and expensive.
As for ABDL's who wear any variations of the training pants, or big kid undies, does not mean that they are not a "true" ABDL. Everyone has their own preferences, and some folks (myself included) roleplay at a preschool-young child range, who these products are typically marketed towards.

I hope this helps, and I apologize for the long post.
Take care,
-Nik

• Love
Reactions: DiaperedChase, ABDElsa, slipperywhenwet and 1 other person
ade said:
They also tick the boxes in terms of tactility and just the idea of [almost] being diapered.

Bear in mind, too, that there's also your idea of what a diaper is, or should be, and whence you got it (and how that factors into your idea of abdl-ness).
Early photos show some children wearing very thick, long underpants (distinctive from the thinner types) when wearing fancy clothes. In an age before rubber, plastic, elastics and modern fabrics were commonplace, people seemed to have made their own accommodations for children's 'accidents'.
This is exactly how my parents were - formal clothes (including jonjons) required at least training pants to make sure they were not ruined by an accident.

i love them because they are much more discreet than abdl diapers. Perfect for going out!

I like everything from diapers to underwear.

Just some tidbits from imaginary mommy’s perspective:

“You’re in diapers because you’re a baby who needs them.”

“Honey, we’re going to put you in training pants because you keep having accidents.”

“Want to prove you’re a big boy? Well I’m going to put you in training pants for a day, and if you can go a whole day without any accidents, I’ll put you back in your big boy undies.

(A few hours later…)

Aww, did you wet? Looks like mommy’s going to have to put you back in diapers for a little while. Aww, don’t cry. We’ll try potty training you again in a few weeks.”

“Did you mess your undies?”
—-
Imaginary mommy: Aww, isn’t that cute? Baby thinks he’s a grown man.”

Me: But I am a man!

Imaginary mommy: No you’re not. Look at the undies you’re wearing. Would anyone believe that a grown man wears fire truck undies? And they fit you too. And it’s not like I got them custom-made. They came right off the shelf in the boys department. Since they fit you, you must be a boy. You’re going to be my little boy forever and ever.”

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: babyfur13, DiaperedChase, WillFord384 and 1 other person
PCBaby said:
Ypu can't un=potty train yourself or become diaper dependent, nor should you try.
Then why are there computer programs you can buy to do just that. And eventually if an ABDL Diapered themselves 24/7 don't you think that someone would get used to using Diapers and start losing control? I've heard stories from a lot of ABDLs that have had this happen to them. They un-potty-train themselves and become Diaper dependent just by wearing Diapers by choice 24/7

LittleBigBoyNik said:
This thread seemed right up my alley, so I figured I'd give my two cents on the subject.
Training pants can be of either the reusable or disposable type. An everyday example of the disposables is the Huggies Pull-ups. They are designed like a diaper, but with refastenable sides to allow for easy on/off if the wearer wishes to try and use the toilet. They are also absorbent and disposable in case of an accident. However, they are not super absorbent, and will leak easily resulting in wet pants.
Reusable training pants are basically extra thick undies that are designed to NOT hold a lot of liquid; hence "teaching" the wearer about the consequences of an accident. I personally do not prefer these, as they are quite messy and expensive.
As for ABDL's who wear any variations of the training pants, or big kid undies, does not mean that they are not a "true" ABDL. Everyone has their own preferences, and some folks (myself included) roleplay at a preschool-young child range, who these products are typically marketed towards.

I hope this helps, and I apologize for the long post.
Take care,
-Nik
Thank you for clearing that up. I wasn't aware that some ABDLs role play not as babies but as pre-schoolers. Is that what a little is? I've seen many ADISC members on here that associate as a little but I never knew exactly what that meant.

tobid03 said:
I like everything from diapers to underwear.

Just some tidbits from imaginary mommy’s perspective:

“You’re in diapers because you’re a baby who needs them.”

“Honey, we’re going to put you in training pants because you keep having accidents.”

“Want to prove you’re a big boy? Well I’m going to put you in training pants for a day, and if you can go a whole day without any accidents, I’ll put you back in your big boy undies.

(A few hours later…)

Aww, did you wet? Looks like mommy’s going to have to put you back in diapers for a little while. Aww, don’t cry. We’ll try potty training you again in a few weeks.”

“Did you mess your undies?”
—-
Imaginary mommy: Aww, isn’t that cute? Baby thinks he’s a grown man.”

Me: But I am a man!

Imaginary mommy: No you’re not. Look at the undies you’re wearing. Would anyone believe that a grown man wears fire truck undies? And they fit you too. And it’s not like I got them custom-made. They came right off the shelf in the boys department. Since they fit you, you must be a boy. You’re going to be my little boy forever and ever.”
Ok that seems to make more sense now when being used in a "mommy" relationship.

Reactions: Diapertoddler and Angelapinks
Back