ABDL diaper landing zones too big?

southeastlittle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
For the purists out there like me, does anyone else feel like the landing zones on ABDL diapers are far too tall? I think it's way out of proportion and need to be narrower/shorter to look and feel more like baby diapers.

The Kiddos Teddy Ultras have a landing zone that goes halfway down the front of the diaper which I think just looks weird, especially in comparison to the width of the tapes themselves. If you look at a baby diaper, the landing zone is a lot narrower and is basically the same width as the tape. Does anyone else feel this way? I wish at least the single-tape ABDL diapers would change this.

Reactions: ElPulpo and littledreamers333
southeastlittle said:
the tape.

That's the difference. The tape. Adult diapers usually have two tapes per side, so it requires a larger landing zone. You could probably shrink the single tape diaper landing zones, but not by much.

Adults also have vastly different sizes compared with 0-3 year olds, so it requires more adjustability. I agree though, shrinking some slightly would be a win.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL
As a plus size person no. I think they're fine as is. I like that they're big and provide different positions to stick the tapes. If they were smaller I wouldn't be able to wear them properly.

Alastair said:
That's the difference. The tape. Adult diapers usually have two tapes per side, so it requires a larger landing zone. You could probably shrink the single tape diaper landing zones, but not by much.

Adults also have vastly different sizes compared with 0-3 year olds, so it requires more adjustability. I agree though, shrinking some slightly would be a win.
I was thinking more about diapers with only one tape per side, but I definitely agree with the need for a bigger landing zone to accommodate an adult body. For diapers with only one tape per side though, it would feel a lot more babyish if everything were more in proportion is what I meant (at least for me personally)

It would be nice from an authenticity perspective, but I think it just wouldn't be practical for ABDL diapers. Even for 2-tape diapers, you want that large landing zone for people to be able to angle the tapes how they need for the best fit. I just tried my first Kiddo Teddy recently and angled the tapes down so that they almost reached the bottom of the landing zone, to get a snug fit around my waist. Baby diapers are more straightforward since you just tape straight across and it fits, maybe helped partly from the stretchy sides.

Having used Rearz' Select, with only one tape, I definitely see the value in the wider double-tape. The double-tapes give me much better adjustability in being able able to position two tapes to give me a good seal around my upper thighs and separately another tape to set position around my waist.
As for a wide landing strip: I find the comfort of the landing strip to be my main complaint.

On the opposite end of this discussion: Crinklz/BetterDry, where no landing strip is present, has separate issues (tearing, re-adjustability, flatter tape landing) but I will concede that they are MUCH more comfortable and utilize the double-tape that I appreciate.

Reactions: ElPulpo
Back