AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
riddle said:
Grown-up baby gros - BBC Breakfast tries the 'onesie'
BBC News - Grown-up baby gros - BBC Breakfast tries the 'onesie'

I like how the guy wearing it says he'd never let his daughters see him wearing one around the house... whilst wearing one on international television :D

Oh, and 1:44 in that video is priceless :D

And the very final 3 seconds or so where she says "I defy anyone to wear one and not feel happy". That's ABism in a nutshell :)

superduper said:
Blarg, AB nerd alert -- Not a onsie; it's a sleeper!

Hehe :D

There is an episode of chowder where chowder and schnitzel (I know I probably misspelled that) end up in a day care for adults who are to lazy to work so they are treated as babies. sounds like something straight off of a ab/dl story site

Bee movie

So I was watching the bee movie the other day and you remember how the lawyer got stung by the bee and then the next day he was in one of those giant sized versions of a baby carrier that rolls around. You think that means they were making an adult baby reference? While I'm at it can you think of any other movies or shows, besides the blatently obvious ones, that have ab/tb references?

riddle said:
Grown-up baby gros - BBC Breakfast tries the 'onesie'
BBC News - Grown-up baby gros - BBC Breakfast tries the 'onesie'
As said, it's a sleeper, feety PJs if you like.

There's an increasing popularity for them in the UK for adults and older children as just a thing of fun to wear around the house on cold days and snuggle with. More for women, but they're selling them to guys and boys too. Particularly a family thing too, so they all wear the same style ones, or for a holiday like Christmas. The companies selling them aren't doing them as some AB fetish thing, they're done stylishly, professional and even sell to famous people. e.g. All in one sleepsuits by the all in one company

If nothing else, they keep the heating bills down! And can be cool or cute.

I saw and episode of Smosh where Ian asked the robot to change his diaper:

[video=youtube;P209JS3Pg3M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P209JS3Pg3M[/video]

Diaper scene at 1:41

the 6th season premier of 30 rock Tracy Jordan mentioned bambino biancos in the middle of the show

30 Rock: Dance Like Nobody's Watching
Season 6 : Ep. 1 (22:39)

Shin Chan Episode 58 - Running Out of Adult Diapers - Video Dailymotion

In the second short film of this episode of Shin Chan, starts at 7:38.

The Chan family get a phone call from their nieghbor annoucing that Yoshi had just died. They rush round to check out on what was happening, soon to be greeted by a sight of Yoshi on the floor crying that he need his diaper change, juice, spanking and something to do with the cucumber.
Yoshi's partner explains to the Chan family that Yoshi is dead because the man on the floor wasn't the man she had married and wants her real man back. Yoshi finally pulls himself together and explains why he is acting in this way.

Yoshi's partner and the Chan family both agree to take Yoshi in that try and make in normal again. But will they succeed?

Advanced apologies for any misspells or incorrect names of the characters as I haven't seen this show much before.

Just saw two different references on possible Doritos commercials for the Superbowl. Doritos is doing this crash the Superbowl thing and thousands of people sent in videos.

Doritos® Presents: CRASH THE SUPER BOWL
I like this one better because it has both the guys drinking mashed up Doritos from a baby bottle at the end of it.

Doritos® Presents: CRASH THE SUPER BOWL
This one just has a reference to wearing diapers to the Superbowl at the end of the behind the scenes video. Nothing in the actual commercial but it is one of the five finalists

some called "sissy baby kiki" has blogged about being a, well, AB Sissy, for the website sexgenderbody. This may be stretching the definition of "popular culture" but I thought people might be interested to see how a someone like us goes over, even amongst a very "right-on" queer-friendly crowd....

Actually Tracy says Bandido Blanco. Sounds close though.

Last night I was watching ABC's Nightline and they interviewed Tilda Swinton. At the end they talked about this new dark drama she was in called "We need to talk about Kevin". It's based on a 2003 book of the same name.

The movie's about her raising her first kid kevin and her struggles with him. Leading up to him pulling off a high school massacre as well as killing his younger sister and his dad. The film highlight's her parenting through kevin's childhood up to Kevin's rampage. Kevin seemed to have developmental problems and was highly resistant to toilet training. In the book his mom explains it as him waging a war with her and that him using diapers when he's surely capable of using the toilet is depleting her morale. The movie didn't nearly explain these situations as well, however in one scene she throws him across his room ending up breaking his arm. Which is finally what got him to use the toilet.

Anyways I haven't seen a movie this dark and twisted since I watched Requiem for a Dream. From what little I skimmed over the book last night, I can honestly say it's easier to understand the mother's mind set. Not to mention all of the stuff kevin does which they hardly if at all show in the movie. Especially how he was able to kill so many people using a bow, rather then a gun.

Again this movie isn't about what kevin, did but why. In that sense it's about her actions as a mother and her reflections on the past.

(Kevin wasn't wearing diapers because he liked to. He was wearing them because his mother didn't like it since she was the one forced to change him. In the book it's further explained when she talks to him about it with him in prison. She asked if he was embarrassed about it and he said no, but you were well adding "it was warm."

He then explains how some people train cat's to use boxes. They shove the cat's noses into their shit, so they use the box. Which isn't far from what you did to me. referring to how she threw him across his room, accidentally breaking his arm when she got angry at him.

zombiebaby said:
that movie was creepy

to sum it up, hell yeah it was. The guy who played Kevin at 16-18 is a damn good actor.

Not exactly AD/DL but I remember an Animated Star Trek episode from long ago: "The Counter Clock Incident"

In the episode, the Enterprise gets pulled into an anti-mater universe where time flows in reverse.
Kirk and crew get reduced to babies by the end of the show - and then back to normal via transporter magic.

was watching blue bloods and they metion a suspect wearing at a domitrix's place (Ep.10 after hours)

A friend just showed me this weird music video. It's from the 90's but it kinda relates.
[video=youtube;EqUsdUFUvsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqUsdUFUvsM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back