AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody remember Kappa Mikey? Guano often liked to wear diapers.

Reactions: AJFan2020
Scarbo said:
Anybody remember Kappa Mikey? Guano often liked to wear diapers.
Never heard of it but you made me google it and I found the episode and its pretty darned cool.

Anyone seen "The Killing of Two Lovers", an indie film from a few years ago? It's a dark and serious, but good movie from what I've seen. Anyway, one of the kids, Alex, wears a rainbow unicorn onesie everywhere, outside, to the park, to the store, even to school.

I don't have the streaming service that the film is on anymore so I can't watch it fully. I've only seen parts. Does anyone know, is it ever brought up in the film why he does this? Is he rebelling because his parents are divorced? Is he the class clown and likes to get a reaction, seeing as he's a jokester character? Does he just want to? I'm curious. My headcanon is a combination of all three, and the fact that the town is so small that everyone treats the whole town as an extension of their living room.

One of the members of German artist collective Hgich.T seems to be wearing pull ups in several of their videos.

Screenshot 2022-02-07 02.06.43.png

Last edited:
See if you can find enough Nickelodeon shows in which kids are dressed and treated like babies.

Raccoon said:
Anyone engaged in fetish activity looks freaky. These things always are better in the first person than the third person. I avoid mirrors, me. But many people like mentions in popular fiction. Especially in the old days when all of us thought we were alone... And mentions reassured us that we are not alone that if someone else thought of it then there must be others into it. Besides, it is ok to be able to laugh at oneself, at least to some extent...
Absolutely how I feel.

I recently saw a clip from the Simpsons where Milhouse steals swim diapers from Maggie.

Reactions: BlueDude, AJFan2020 and TheDiaperdStoner
Newbaby110521 said:
I recently saw a clip from the Simpsons where Milhouse steals swim diapers from Maggie.
I saw that aswell.

Does anyone know which episode of Kitty Is Not a Cat contains the scene in which King Tubby's two mice are dressed as babies?

WetEmily said:
So I don't know if this has been brought up before, but there are some ABDL references in a pair of sketches from Julie Nolke:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This didn't get near enough laughs, best thing I seen on the internet today lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: DPLuvAB, GatoChihuahua, Subtlerustle and 3 others
WetEmily said:
Thanks! Julie Nolke is a genius.
She's great! I completely forgot she did the ABDL references in those until just now.

MickeyM said:
"Diapers" like the ones we use are a relatively modern invention (1887), and I would dare say only since rubber pants were invented were they really as an accessory. Most people lived in poor conditions up until relatively recently as well, which would mean it would be pretty hard given the conditions to engage in infantilistic behavior in which one would be called an ABDL. I don't think the first ABDL was until sometime after 1930 if I had to guess based on my knowledge, but probably not before 1900. When I first found out I was ABDL it was about 20 years ago and back then there was no where near as much choice and options as there is now. And even then only recently before that you had to do it by a mailing list.
In the film "120 days of sodom", based on a text by de Sade, there is a line about men "acting like babies in diapers", so de Sade might actually have known about it in the 18:th century. Cloths used as diapers existed back then. Also, Rousseau (also 18:th century) called his lover "mommy" and was sometimes breastfed by her.

Raccoon said:
Sean Bean is an actor... The Lord of the Rings:
The Return of the King (2003) .... Boromir;
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2006) (VG) (voice) .... Brother / Emperor Martin / Emperor Martin Septim;
he played the Lead in "Sharpe" - Sharpe is a British series of television dramas about Richard Sharpe, a fictional British soldier in the Napoleonic Wars. Sharpe is the hero of a number of novels by Bernard Cornwell. The show is way, way cool...
Just a small thing Boromir was in The Fellowship of the Ring not return of the King I think you’re getting him mixed up with his younger brother Faramir. Yes Boromir did appear for a few seconds in the Return of the King in Pippins flashback but he only appeared really in the first film dying while fighting the Uruk-Hai at the battle of Amon-Hen.

Sidewinder said:
There was this one computer game I had the opportunity to play once, called The Secret of Monkey Island, which is a graphic adventure game about a young man named Guybrush Threepwood, on a quest to become a pirate.

One part of the game involves a thing called insult swordfighting, where you have to have the right comeback for every insult in order to progress further in the game and one of the insults is: "Have you stopped wearing diapers, yet?"

And the comeback to that particular insult is: "Why, did you want to borrow one?"

I just thought it was worth mentioning.
Also, while I'm on the subject of graphic adventure games, there was this other game I once had the opportunity to play, called Full Throttle, which is set in a dystopian/post apocalyptic future where outlaw motorcycle gangs run rampant and the player plays as a motorcycle gang leader who was framed for the murder of a high-profile motorcycle tycoon.

At one point in the game, there's a brief bit of dialogue in a cutscene, where one of the characters is referred to as the "diapered dynamo."

Surprised I didn't know about this sooner. Not a direct homage to ABDL, but funny nonetheless.

Reactions: AJFan2020
Sprinkles said:
Surprised I didn't know about this sooner. Not a direct homage to ABDL, but funny nonetheless.
Does anyone know which episode of Kitty Is Not a Cat contains the scene in which King Tubby's two mice are dressed as babies?

Takashi said:
Yet another example on how the world makes us look like freaks.
What does it matter what people say, To have something to give people happiness is all that should be cared abought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back