AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
WatchMojo.com just did a video about the 10 most common fetishes and ABDLism was #10. I'm impressed with how they presented it. One of the rare times all the facts are given and they were very neutral in their opinion.

[video=youtube;9Gfr0rdQa64]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gfr0rdQa64[/video]

Takashi said:
WatchMojo.com just did a video about the 10 most common fetishes and ABDLism was #10. I'm impressed with how they presented it. One of the rare times all the facts are given and they were very neutral in their opinion.

So ab/dl is on the ''most common'' list while pee fetish is on the ''strangest?'' :rolleyes:

KimbaStarshine said:
So ab/dl is on the ''most common'' list while pee fetish is on the ''strangest?'' :rolleyes:

I found myself asking the same question.

Takashi said:
I found myself asking the same question.

Perhaps it's strange in the fact it involves bodily waste (while diapers usually do too), I'd say pee fetish is probably more common than ab/dl.

It's nice to see it presented in a way where we aren't the center of ridicule like the recent episode on Steve Harvey.

Takashi said:

I found both Videos (strange and common) very interesting, it was nice to see that they were so bias with it all, which is refreshing :D thanks for pointing them out.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I looked through over half of this thread before I gave up, so if these have been mentioned, my apologies...

If it hasn't been mentioned, I'm shocked. My jaw almost hit the floor the first time I saw it. Jane's Addiction - Mountain Song. Girls dancing in diapers.

Don't think it has been mentioned, but again, apologies if it has. Spike's 1000 Ways to Die - Crib Your Enthusiasm.

My most salient memory. HBO's Real Sex - There was a segment about a German woman and her, I think, husband who was an AB. Showed a diaper change scene. My friend watched this in high school for obvious reasons. Was watching it one night just hanging out and I couldn't figure out how to react. Wanted to be like, "woah, me too!" Friend was like, "gross." Figured I shouldn't say anything ;-).

There was a skit show on MTV or Comedy Central that had a short skit at the end of a show that showed two guys carrying two guys in diapers and another guy says something like "Infantilism? I'm not in to that." I swear it was The Slate or Upright Citizen's Brigade. Something like that. Swear it was Michael Ian Black, so I think it was The Slate, but can't find a reference.

KimbaStarshine said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

indyab said:
There was a skit show on MTV or Comedy Central that had a short skit at the end of a show that showed two guys carrying two guys in diapers and another guy says something like "Infantilism? I'm not in to that." I swear it was The Slate or Upright Citizen's Brigade. Something like that. Swear it was Michael Ian Black, so I think it was The Slate, but can't find a reference.

It was "Upright Citizens Brigade", and the person who says "Infantlism -- I'm not into that" was actually Amy Poehler.

I saw a commercial for Modern Family where an older/middle-aged guy is saying he thinks it's time to potty-train so-and-so. It cuts to the guy in a pharmacy asking an employee where the diapers are, and the employee starts handing him a pack of adult ones.

I just had a thought. Unless it already exists, we need some kin of a movie about a genius computer programmer who wears so that he can stay up late working and without breaks. Possibly a hacker, a cool criminal or a potential internet millionaire type character. That would make it in the open, seem functional an "cool"ish.

KimbaStarshine said:
I saw a commercial for Modern Family where an older/middle-aged guy is saying he thinks it's time to potty-train so-and-so. It cuts to the guy in a pharmacy asking an employee where the diapers are, and the employee starts handing him a pack of adult ones.
I love that show (just watched through all 7 seasons in the last month), and I remember the episode you're talking about. It was the grandpa (who is probably in his late 50s to early 60s) buying diapers for his infant son (too much to explain), but the employee assumes that he meant adult diapers. His age (coupled with his significantly younger wife) is a running joke in the show, with people often assuming he's older than he is, or that he's deteriorating physically/mentally.

ExtraFluff said:
It was "Upright Citizens Brigade", and the person who says "Infantlism -- I'm not into that" was actually Amy Poehler.

Thank you. I still can't find a clip, but....

And by the way, I meant The State. :tongueout:

In the episode Rivals × for × Survival of Hunter x Hunter(2011), Tonpa tries to give Gon, Kurapika and Leorio juice laced with laxatives and says "One sip of that juice and your stomachs will be cramping for days. If you want to pass the exam I hope you brought plenty of diapers."

Well, I've come across a few references in some video games I've played

sAN andreas, has one on diaper fetishism.

Liberty city stories has one on abdlism, quite a lot of references.

(Radio talk show) and a guy you have to take a picture of.. funny as. but from what I've gathered, rockstar pokes fun at a lot of groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back