AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... I remember this one Family Guys ep. where Peter goes over to Quagmire to get help of some kind, but Quagmire comes out dressed in a diaper, a bonnet and a binky and says he's got "family over" (and you can see a dominatrix inside the house).

Descolada said:
There was a scene in American Dad with furries... Kind of portrayed in a bad light.

Seems like I remember seeing quite a few AB/DL/Furry references out of Seth MacFarlane. I know there's more, I just can't think of any others off the top of my head.

One of my favorite episodes is when Peter buys footie pajamas. :)

tbmoney said:
This has probably been talked about before in this thread but I think that Michael Jackson (who is my alltime favorite singer) may have been involved in infantilism to an extent. Who knows, maybe he did wear diapers, but in all honesty, he did not have the greatest childhood(which a lot on this site can relate to) and he wanted to get it back. I am certaintly the same way to Jackson to an extent when it comes to having a crummy childhood. if you look at some of the things that surrounded Jackson, the childish things make you wonder if he knew or was an infantlist to an extent.
While I can relate to that it’s more on an esoteric level it was pretty bad but almost in an avoidable way i’d put it just over come fear of adults and stand up to them it would have been different on the less esoteric level my child hood was terrific.

Though, it's not really an AB/DL reference, No More Heroes 2 has a track for one of the boss's BGM's, called "Losing Bowel Control" Which I suspect is from the reappearance of a boss from the last game, where said boss's partner (in the last game) is talking to the machine that survives at the end of the battle (somehow) and, after the machine starts (the guy's standing on it) he says, "oh, yeah. A good undulation. I think I might lose the bowel control!"

Also, don't know if I posted it before in this thread or not, but said game also has a save sequence where the character sits on a toilet (yeah... kinda weird...) before you select your data, and so on and so forth, but there's a shirt that your character can wear that has a picture of a diaper on it, with the words "portable saving" printed underneath it XD

Saw another diaper on CSI, although not really a good one again. In the episode "Hitting for the Cycle" that aired Thursday night, an extremely large gamer was found dead in front of his tv. When they asked what the smell was, they pulled back the blanket and he was wearing a diaper.

AAO said:
Saw another diaper on CSI, although not really a good one again. In the episode "Hitting for the Cycle" that aired Thursday night, an extremely large gamer was found dead in front of his tv. When they asked what the smell was, they pulled back the blanket and he was wearing a diaper.

I really wish that stereotype of overweight pasty guys who never go outside and live with their parents at the age of 30 being the only people who play video games would go away. Pretty much anyone under the age of 40 and a lot of people over the age of 40 play some form of video game at this point. It's well know even that video gaming is very common amongst pro-athletes.

How about a current president-ellect of Haiti?

Over the past decade, Martelly has won the hearts of the Haitian people through his musical talent and charismatic persona. His music blends Haitian music with new interpretations of compas, roots, salsa, Caribbean soca and jazz-fusion. His persona and satirical lyrics ignite great controversy throughout the Haitian diaspora. The only thing which is predictable about Sweet Micky is that he is completely un-predictable, he has been known to wear Diapers, Mini-Skirts and other shocking outfits onstage.

Martelly’s fund-raiser was held across the street from Parts and Polish Motoring Accessories, at a wedding hall with a columned façade not unlike Haiti’s earthquake-ravaged Presidential home. The candidate, who has been known to perform while drinking rum and wearing only a diaper, once declared, “If I am elected President, I will perform nude on top of the National Palace.” In the past month, he has been more on message. He took questions, fully clothed in a tuxedo, in the wedding hall’s bridal suite.

Sweet Micky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There was a new episode of the Penguins of Madagascar called "Cradle and All". They try to re-diaper a baby and end up first diapering Rico and then the other penguins end up stuck in a diaper.

Maybe not AB/DL, but Rico seemed to enjoy acting like a baby while he was wearing the diaper.

banter said:
I really wish that stereotype of overweight pasty guys who never go outside and live with their parents at the age of 30 being the only people who play video games would go away. Pretty much anyone under the age of 40 and a lot of people over the age of 40 play some form of video game at this point. It's well know even that video gaming is very common amongst pro-athletes.
That and the stereotype of adult diaper wearers being overweight 40 year olds. Doesn't help with *that* particular photo all over the Internet.

You know, I think that stereotype applies to just about any maligned social group. You see it with BDSM stereotypes too as well as anime fans, comic fans, sci-fi fans, toy collectors, etc. I guess the thinking is that only "ugly" people could be interested in anything but "normal" straight sex, football (whichever one depending on geographical location), and drinking.

Descolada said:
There was a scene in American Dad with furries... Kind of portrayed in a bad light.

Seems like I remember seeing quite a few AB/DL/Furry references out of Seth MacFarlane. I know there's more, I just can't think of any others off the top of my head.

There's an episode of FG where someone goes over to Quagmire's house, he answers in a diaper and bonnet. A woman asks from inside the house, 'who is it, Glen?' He says something like, "No one! I mean, Whaa! Whaaa!"
I'm wondering, where does Seth get all his kinky jokes......? Hehehe....

I was falling asleep to reruns of Cheers last night when my ears picked up on something, grabbing my attention.

In an intro, Lilith is explaining to...what was Kirstie Alley's character named...that Frasier likes to regress (the word was actually used) by calling her his "mommy", eating a piece of cinnamon toast and being tucked in while she sings "All the Pretty Little Horses." Then, she adds, they make love until "the windows rattle." Wow.

I looked over to see if my wife heard any of that since she usually would check to see what my reaction to such a statement would be. But no, she was asleep.

It was interesting to hear, though, especially for how old the episode is (mid-80s). Since my parents would watch Cheers all the time, maybe my very young mind heard that and something clicked, only to manifest itself years later. Hmmmm...

Oh yeah...her name was Ms. Howe, Rebecca Howe...

I searched the thread and there's no mention of "Blade" but I find it hard to believe no one has mentioned it yet. There's a scene in the first Blade film in a Japanese night club and there's a pair of Japanese pop singers in school girl outfits who appear to be wearing diapers but it's really hard to tell if that's actually the case or not. I never heard any confirmation either way.

there was an episode of family guy on recently when peter's mum goes out with the news anchor and he acts like a child, there was also another episode on when Lois makes Brian wear a diaper because he won't use the toilet

Omorashi. Look it up people :D But I've seen some REALLY negative comments.. Except this:

"Seriously what are you guys, twelve? Is it impossible for your mind to comprehend that out of the earth's millions and millions of people that not ONE PERSON (or in this case, thousands of people) could possibly be capable of being influenced by childhood development to naturally deviate from the norm of sexual attraction past your apparently extremely limited extents of imagination, having all people simply fall into the same boring old sexual category, and saying "what the fuck?" to anything else that is slightly different then your conveniently "normal" taste in ways in which to pleasure yourself, in which I am referring to this universally accepted category of sexual thoughts and actions that seems to be a sacred gospel written in stone? (by the way, it's not written in stone.)
Oh yeah, go ahead and ooh and aah at us like we're just slobbery old goats in a fucking petting zoo, and act as if your brain contains so much more common sense and reality that you couldn't possibly think of ever stooping so low as to consider that someone else could hypothetically DREAM of ever being categorized as normal, like yourselves, and still happen to involuntarily yet N-A-T-U-R-A-L-L-Y, at the same time, happen to like something that, still also happens to be, DIFFERENT THEN YOU.
Well I'll be damned if I'm not just the most perfect motherfucker in the whole goddamned universe, and if everything that I don't like and find unnatural to me and all my glory isn't put up on a stake to burn and labeled with a big fat NO!
On a non-sarcastic note, are you guys getting any of this? Do you SEE how RIDICULOUS your "logic" is? You people are nothing more then a bunch of petty discriminatory losers who can't see the light of day without pretending to hoot it up about someone else's x, y, and z when really all you can think about is when you're going to get your next laugh so that you can draw everyone's attention away from your own fucked up problems when nobody cared enough to actually pay attention in the first place, you dumbfuck. Except that, in this case, you're a dumbfuck twice over because omorashi isn't even a problem, it's just another way of life that is perfectly victimless and enjoyable to those who are interested, and if you're not, then don't fucking look it up!
Seriously, how stupid are you? "

This was also posted on a Dutch forum. All reactions were short, "WT*"??

Raccoon said:
I avoid mirrors, me.

Really i love mirrors in fact mirrors are an integral part for me

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Quagmire on family guy was dressed like a baby for in one scene

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

NoobSauce said:
I guess they have a neutral take on the whole *B/DL thing.

They make about a 100 diaper jokes with Joe because his handicaped but they deal with so many pop culture and oddaties i'm sure they are aware of us

This may not count as "AB/DL," technically-speaking, but I feel that it's worth mentioning:

In one of the first episodes of, "The Amazing World Of GumBall," the two main characters, GumBall and Darwin, have to babysit their four-year old sister, Anais. While Anais is younger than the two in age, she is more intelligent than them (notable examples would be cooking GumBall and Darwin's breakfast every morning and helping them with their homework).
During their babysitting adventures, GumBall pulls out a diaper for Anais to wear - He wants her to wear it, in case she has an accident. The result is a huge chase scene, where he doesn't get the diaper on her successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back