AB/DL with only a little AB

Status
Not open for further replies.
brabbit1987 said:
I agree, but I do still find labels useful as it can give you words to at least describe where you are at on a spectrum, without having to get a pen and paper out to try and draw graphs XD.

True and we humans need some type of label to help us relate to others. I just find that some people either think things are black&white and everybody fits into neat boxes or they want to add so many modifiers to the label that it becomes meaningless.

brabbit1987 said:
I think if I had the choice, I would choose a juicy tender steak every time :3

I don't eat baby food that often. It is more of a 'treat' or to help with the AB part of me. Frankly, if somebody offered me a prime rib or baby food, like you, I would snatch the prime rib as fast as lightning (actually, I would accept a burger too :smile1: )

Last edited:
There are a lot of people who like some AB items but not others. Some love footed sleepers but hate pacifiers. Some love drinking from a bottle but have no interest in eating baby food. Some want to eat in a high chair but do not want to spend time in a crib.

There are also a lot of people who enjoy a wide range of AB items but don't regress mentally or go into a baby headspace. Some find wearing AB clothes or using AB items comforting, even though they see themselves as adults the whole time. Others (like me) like being (consensually) "forced" to wear age-inappropriate clothes or to act in an age-inappropriate way. It's like BDSM with pink and blue fleece instead of black leather.

I would call all of these people adult babies. I use the phrase "adult baby" to describe anyone whose interest in ABDL isn't limited to diapers. Of course, you get to decide what terms you want to use to describe yourself.

From a very young age I wanted to wear nappies, it was an urge I couldn't understand and it felt wrong so I surpressed it for years. But I sucked my thumb til around age 13 and have always loved teddies and cute pyjamas and never saw these as a problem. As a teenager I even used to have fantasies about certain actors being my dad and I would be around age 4-5 in the fantasy.

Fast forward to my 30s and I gave in to my urge of wearing nappies and I joined this site. Here I discovered all these terms - DL, AB etc. I listed myself as a DL. Gradually I came to realise that it's not that simple - that wanting to wear and my fantasies were linked in some way, I just never made that connection growing up.

At the end of the day a tag doesn't matter to me. I'm happy the way I am, and it's only recently I seemed to have put the pieces together.

I like babyish diapers, but that's about the end of my baby side. For that reason, I've decided to leave it at "Diaper Lover". But as others have said, these labels are far too few and ambiguous to do a good job of conveying our often nuanced positions on this "spectrum". Like Trevor, I'm not a fan of "little", mainly because of how divided its interpretations are. Many use it to distinguish themselves from "babies", whereas many others use it as a catch-all, or to indicate that their age-play is very broad in scope. It's by far the most messed-up label. I'd rather see "adult baby" get stretched a little, kind of like "diaper lover" has been. "Diaper lover" started out as a euphemism for "diaper fetish", but has since been adopted by many to simply mean "I like diapers", even where there is no sexual element. We could similarly expand "adult baby" to include all those with age-play tendencies, and then we'd be in pretty good shape even without "little." Ok... :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

It's weird .. it seems the label "little" has a bad rep, but I don't think any of you are actually explaining it well enough to me, because I don't see the issue with the label.

Cottontail said:
Like Trevor, I'm not a fan of "little", mainly because of how divided its interpretations are.
I don't understand what you mean by that. Wouldn't the same be true of the label "adult baby?" Everyone is going to have their own interpretation of what an adult baby is. Heck, I think the reason why the label "little" exists is because referring one self as an adult baby can give people the wrong idea about what it is you like.

Cottontail said:
Many use it to distinguish themselves from "babies", whereas many others use it as a catch-all, or to indicate that their age-play is very broad in scope.

Ok? So.... why is that an issue?

Cottontail said:
It's by far the most messed-up label.

Again, nothing that has been said makes me feel like the label is messed up.

Cottontail said:
I'd rather see "adult baby" get stretched a little, kind of like "diaper lover" has been. "Diaper lover" started out as a euphemism for "diaper fetish", but has since been adopted by many to simply mean "I like diapers", even where there is no sexual element. We could similarly expand "adult baby" to include all those with age-play tendencies, and then we'd be in pretty good shape even without "little."

Here is the issue with that. "Diaper Lover" says nothing specially about it being sexual, so it's easy to broaden what it means.

The label "Adult Baby" is a whole lot more specific because it uses the word baby in it. Thus anyone who doesn't identify as a baby may not feel it's an accurate label, even if people started using it in a broadened manner .. it can still be misleading.

If anything, "Little" would make a whole lot more sense to broaden to include Adult Babies, because little isn't a word that really has a specific age attached to it.

brabbit1987 said:
Ok? So.... why is that an issue?
Well... "issue" is a strong word. :) It's mildly troublesome only because it means that adopting the label isn't, by itself, really saying anything. It's used in such varied and opposing ways that one must always wonder to oneself, "what are they meaning when they say that?" That's all. As others have said, it's just really ambiguous.

brabbit1987 said:
Here is the issue with that. "Diaper Lover" says nothing specially about it being sexual, so it's easy to broaden what it means.
Well, sort of. But then the broadening doesn't really conflict with the original interpretation in the case of "Diaper Lover." People who find diapers sexual do, after all, also "like" them. (And incidentally, "diaper lover" is a very sexual term, a euphemism within a euphemism--"lover", after all, being a euphemism for sexual partner.)

brabbit1987 said:
The label "Adult Baby" is a whole lot more specific because it uses the word baby in it. Thus anyone who doesn't identify as a baby may not feel it's an accurate label, even if people started using it in a broadened manner .. it can still be misleading.
I get that, and I think that's the usual objection to using the term.

brabbit1987 said:
If anything, "Little" would make a whole lot more sense to broaden to include Adult Babies, because little isn't a word that really has a specific age attached to it.
I sort of agree. Unfortunately, because "Adult Baby" came first, "Little" sort of came about as a refuge for non-babies, some of whom don't care for its reuse as a catch-all. So we have a situation reminiscent of Dr. Seuss's "The Sneetches", where groups start re-branding themselves until the presence or absence of a particular label becomes somewhat arbitrary and meaningless.

Cottontail said:
I sort of agree. Unfortunately, because "Adult Baby" came first, "Little" sort of came about as a refuge for non-babies, some of whom don't care for its reuse as a catch-all. So we have a situation reminiscent of Dr. Seuss's "The Sneetches", where groups start re-branding themselves until the presence or absence of a particular label becomes somewhat arbitrary and meaningless.

I see, I am sort of understanding what you mean now. You are essentially saying that people keep making new labels to represent a smaller portion of the group they are part of. It would be like me calling myself an ATFIR (Adult Toddler Fur Intelligent Rabbit).

brabbit1987 said:
I see, I am sort of understanding what you mean now. You are essentially saying that people keep making new labels to represent a smaller portion of the group they are part of. It would be like me calling myself an ATFIR (Adult Toddler Fur Intelligent Rabbit).

That's right, although at least yours is not very ambiguous for search engines. If it gained any popularity at all, it would be easy for other ATFIRs to find pages related to that. Little is a commonly used adjective with a ton of noise to the specific signal, and even when you get down to the kinky side of things, there are still littles who are not interested in the same things as our littles (probably more of them). As I said, I like AB just fine but I'd be willing to change to something that had some momentum and wasn't ambiguous like this.

It's not unusual, I'm the same, mostly DL, not into baby stuff or acting like a baby, but I do feel young when I wear :)

-Gus

While I do adore baby stuff, especially pacifiers, bottles, and toys, maybe I'll give diapers another try, role playing has always been a turn off in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back