AB/DL is very misunderstood by the general public...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labrador said:
Is this legit, or a joke?
It's making fun of sexist stereotypes and male dominance in video games. Most games depict men in all this armor and gear but warrior women are basically naked.

Reactions: Prillprillprill
I think we should remove the AB and make it AP for Age Play. AP/DL and i disagree with adding our group to the alphabet group.

BengieG said:
I think we should remove the AB and make it AP for Age Play. AP/DL and i disagree with adding our group to the alphabet group.
Adult baby and age play are not the same thing tho.

Don't take it personally OP. People are just generally really ignorant about basically anything that doesn't personally effect them.

I've learnt not to expect anything else. You can guarantee no matter the topic when a group of people talk about something they know nothing about the conversation will be the most eye wateringly ignorant popularist crap without any genuine interest. People talk BS. They say what fits in, to keep the conversation going, that's it. They often don't even have an opinion it just depends how it's presented.

Reactions: Teddy02
I believe most people either don't like what they don't understand, or look down on others who are "different" from the norm. There are a lot of great people out there who are very understanding and not judgemental, I'm just speaking about the general public overall.

There will always be people who are going to judge you. Sometimes you just have to be the better person, smile, and ignore them. That can be hard to do at times though.

Reactions: longallsboy and dogboy
LilPaddedBunny said:
I believe most people either don't like what they don't understand, or look down on others who are "different" from the norm. There are a lot of great people out there who are very understanding and not judgemental, I'm just speaking about the general public overall.

There will always be people who are going to judge you. Sometimes you just have to be the better person, smile, and ignore them. That can be hard to do at times though.
Diapers and baby stuff is particularly brutal. Every single person's first memory is likely being shamed and ridiculed at 2-3 yrs old for potty training to not want diapers and to want to be big and not a baby. That plants the seeds to become a long rooted desire to be big and shun baby things throughout life, including repeating any shame and mockery towards others perceived to "still be a baby".

If you were born wearing leather and did BDSM as a baby and had to be shamed and trained out of it as a toddler I'm sure everyone would be grossed out and hate BDSM too. Eww that's for babies, OMG your into babies you sicko!!!! etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy and Diaperman95
LittleAndAlone said:
Diapers and baby stuff is particularly brutal. Every single person's first memory is likely being shamed and ridiculed at 2-3 yrs old for potty training to not want diapers and to want to be big and not a baby. That plants the seeds to become a long rooted desire to be big and shun baby things throughout life, including repeating any shame and mockery towards others perceived to "still be a baby".

If you were born wearing leather and did BDSM as a baby and had to be shamed and trained out of it as a toddler I'm sure everyone would be grossed out and hate BDSM too. Eww that's for babies, OMG your into babies you sicko!!!! etc.
It's interesting that you mentioned BDSM, because I came here to comment about this. BDSM has caught on as a more "mainstream" kink/fetish and somehow has generally gotten a pass from society as a whole that it is acceptable. If people looked at BDSM the way they look at ABDL it would be something like "oh, you're interested in dominance, control, pain, etc., then that must mean you want to hurt and control other people and that you're dangerous!" ... which is, of course, ridiculous. It's really unfortunate that age play, diapers, etc. are so taboo in popular culture and society. People come to the strangest and falsest conclusions about it, and like others have said previously on this thread, I don't think that it will ever change.

Another observation I often have - whenever ABDL is spotlighted, like in an interview or a show, it literally makes people hate it and judge it even more. The best approach seems to be keeping it to ourselves entirely.

Reactions: Teddy02
LittleAndAlone said:
If you were born wearing leather and did BDSM as a baby and had to be shamed and trained out of it as a toddler I'm sure everyone would be grossed out and hate BDSM too.
😳
In all seriousness though, I think the BDSM crowd probably has it harder than we do. They aren’t thought of as babies, but the whole “you’re not hurting anybody” doesn’t work. In many cases they are—and the other party enjoys it but still…
Sorry, just realized someone wrote something similar as I was typing this.

Last edited:
Nowididit said:
Uh....as a DL I am not part of the pride crowd and I wish not be labeled as such. A majority of ABDLs are straight and ABDL is not a sexual identifying orientation. You can be ABDL and be straight, gay, bi, lesbian, trans, queer, furry, a doctor, lawyer. ABDL like any other kink, it involves a plethora of sexual oriented ppl from all walks of life. You wouldn't label BDSMers into LGBTQ. I mean just because we have alphabet to identify us shouldn't mean we are of LGBTQ. Like LGBTQ, ABDL it's just abbreviated from Adult Baby/ Diaper Lover.
Age play is not queer, what the Q stands for?

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
If all you do is wear a diaper snuggly, and say it’s your version of a weighted blanket, call it therapy, not kink, and stress that you only wear, never wet, or worse, you have an outside chance with the vanilla crowd. But why obsess over trying to educate them? I just think of them as uncreative and boring.

Reactions: cuteingly and Deleted member 56273
It really has to be your thing. I can’t explain why I like diapers, it’s comforting, it’s fun. It’s something. I enjoy doing. There are many vanilla pastimes and hobbies that not everyone enjoys.

toddlerPampers said:
Age play is not queer, what the Q stands for?
I never said it was. Read my post as I wrote it, not what you are interpreting it as.
But if you really wanna get technical age play is queer. Queer as in an odd or strange sort of way. In general ABDL is rather odd or strange to the general public....in other words....queer.

I once did an internet study of the Q in LGBTQ and what I found out was that nobody really knew. There many interpretations, each claiming to be right but of course, but they can't all be correct. Living my life in college as a homosexual, we were often called queer as an aspersion, something to make you feel bad like fag, fairy, queen. I've heard it all. So queer and Q can mean many things.

Prillprillprill said:
Adult baby and age play are not the same thing tho.
WHAT? Ageplay or age play is a form of roleplaying in which an individual acts or treats another as if they are a different age. Ageplay is roleplaying between adults, and involves consent from all parties. Ageplay is not necessarily sexual, but can be. Portraying any age can be the goal of ageplay, from babies to a child to the elderly. Usually this involves someone pretending to be younger than they actually are, but more rarely can involve assuming an older role. AB is just a sub group of this .

BengieG said:
WHAT? Ageplay or age play is a form of roleplaying in which an individual acts or treats another as if they are a different age. Ageplay is roleplaying between adults, and involves consent from all parties. Ageplay is not necessarily sexual, but can be. Portraying any age can be the goal of ageplay, from babies to a child to the elderly. Usually this involves someone pretending to be younger than they actually are, but more rarely can involve assuming an older role. AB is just a sub group of this .
Not really the same. Contrast.

A self identifying adult consciously role-playing as a child, or a naughty cop or librarian, recreationally and going out to the bar and strip club as an adult after.

Someone with an identity, lifestyle, and dysphoria of feeling like a child, living like a child, or constantly yearning to actually be a child, whos sense of self was completely developed as a child, and who would rather stay at home and play Nintendo than engage with adults or do adult activities. Someone who always sits at the kiddy table with the other kids on holidays or always on the trampoline or jumping castle with the kids at their birthday parties and never wants to interact with the adults who just gossip, talk shit, smoke, drink, partake in drama, etc.

The latter is similar in that they play dress up to temporarily achieve their fantasy but the identity issues, lifestyle, and yearning are not temporary but forever. Eg its not just acting or role-playing its who they are in their heart.

Littles are not age players it's just who they are. While it seems they 'dress up' on occasion as if they are 'age playing' it's actually the times they are NOT dressed up that they are acting, having to hide that part of themselves from cruel society.

I guess you could say age players are normal adults who role play being children for fun while Littles are forever children trapped in an aging shell who reluctantly age play as adults out of necessity to function day to day in a judgemental society. That's the difference.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DinoBunny
I suppose a test would be presenting an opportunity to be turned back into having a real child's body and being a real kid again. Age players are more likely to say hell no, while Littles are more likely to already have a crayon in their hand asking where to sign.

Last edited:
Ageplay use to be used as a umbrella term that covered all ABDL , littles , tweens . middles , BiGs and etc. Now not so much maybe because of the connation that it is perceived as more a roleplay .

It's bad enough if one feels conflicted for having such ABDL desires themselves but at the same time is filled with anti-ABDL prejudices.
An outsider with such prejudices but no ABDL desires is likely to be even more pathologising, given how much society has been socially engineered to resist a large number of practices in this world.
Aren't we all told the same old clichés: "crying is for babies, dolls are childish, you are too old to be wearing nappies, act your age!"?
Oh dear goodness, the lies that people are fed by narcissists on this planet!

LittleAndAlone said:

You may be on to something. We are taught at a very young age that being a "big kid" is a source of pride, and being a baby is a source of shame. Plus young kids like to tease each other for acting "like babies". It's drilled into our heads at a young age. That might partly explain why the general public looks down on the AB/DL community. It's also harder to understand something you're not into. People outside of the community don't "get it" and don't understand why we're the way we are.

I know kids need to be potty trained at some point, but I think there could be better ways of going about it sometimes. Positive reinforcement is always better than punishment and shaming. There has been progress in some areas at least. Parents don't teach their kids that "trucks are only for boys" and "dolls are only for girls" as much as they used to. It takes time for society to change their views on a subject.

Society isn't going to change any time soon, and I'm not expecting there to be mass acceptance of AB/DL. Honestly I'd be content with just having an AB/DL friend who I could hang out with and talk to. Unfortunately I live in a small town and I don't think people like me are very common around here. Sometimes hiding your true self from others and living a closeted life can be hard.

Reactions: longallsboy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back