A warning, RE: Shipping Prices/Diapers

Dan09

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Before the holiday season rolls around, I wanted to put this out there.

This is technically somewhat confidential information. But frankly, I don't care--because the impact this will have on folks, I feel this deserves to be out in the open. The impact of this is too far-reaching.

Starting at the end of the year/beginning of next year, a certain large logistics company, whose color may or may not be of the brown variety--will be announcing a shipping rate increase across the board. For ALL services, of approximately 7%. This means ground shipping, Air, everything will be affected.

This increase in shipping rate will almost certainly be passed along to consumers by retailers.

Please, don't spend money outside of your means. Be responsible--this rate hike is 2 months away, so there is still time. However, I'm saying this now--because perhaps more than ever, this holiday season, if there are any kind of significant sales on a diaper that you particularly like, now will likely be the time to jump on it.

I don't particularly care about stuffing the pockets of a lot of the diaper retailers, I think there is a lot of greed going on on their end just as much as everyone else that is increasing prices well beyond the bump in shipping prices etc...but this situation is likely not going to get any better for the average consumer, anytime soon. There is simply too much demand, and not enough supply/competition.

Good luck everybody.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: Billybatts, Deleted member 56273, ParaRomeo and 9 others
I go away for work and spend months without diapers. When I go back home, I always go big and get a bag or 2 that'll last me for probably around 2 months. I don't care what it costs because that's just part of it all.

Reactions: fleckothefennec
Thanks for the intel. I am really trying my best not to be political in response, so I'll just say hopefully there is some change that helps everybody moving forward!

Dan09 not even from an IC standpoint it's huge & I appreciate the heads up but from medical supplies standpoint it has potential effect which I personally appreciate but not making any huge purchases that I don't need unless I hit Powerball haha

Also your actually in the clear on info, few of the financial sites released this info around 10/25. From what I remember they are doing it to match other companies increases but if I remember correctly brown increase goes into effect 27 Dec 22 where EX goes into effect 3 Jan 23. But brown also has made few other changes like think min ground is now like $10 there was a link to a site(something like parcel. com) that had charts comparing U vs X. I had a job few yrs ago where I shipped alot so when buying things I do occasionally check quotes like keeping sellers honest.

Though won't probably happen do think the grunts of the company deserve a raise because like many companies need to pay those that do the brunt of the work.

That sucks.... I already can't get ABDL diapers because shipping is the same price as a bag of diapers here, if not more. Oohhhhhh well.

Last edited:
Exodus said:
That sucks.... I already can't get ABDL diapers because shipping is the same price as a bag of diapers here, if not more. Oohhhhhh well.
Just an idea but maybe if your comfortable with it, you could potentially find someone sort of local and try to do a joint purchase. Depending on brand but most case prices are cheaper vs bag and some do allow mixed cases. Or depending on location, find a decent medical available on Amazon though sometimes little more some include shipping and when I have bought bags of medical ones all shipped in Amazon boxes so no one know what u ordered.

I will say I get Amazon can effect peoples jobs like the OP where they have their own shipping dept. But for me personally I try to share the love but end of day do have to go where deals are.

ParaRomeo said:
Just an idea but maybe if your comfortable with it, you could potentially find someone sort of local and try to do a joint purchase. Depending on brand but most case prices are cheaper vs bag and some do allow mixed cases. Or depending on location, find a decent medical available on Amazon though sometimes little more some include shipping and when I have bought bags of medical ones all shipped in Amazon boxes so no one know what u ordered.

I will say I get Amazon can effect peoples jobs like the OP where they have their own shipping dept. But for me personally I try to share the love but end of day do have to go where deals are.
That sounds like a great idea! I haven't met anyone in my area yet tho :/. I think i would mainly order from amazon because they use a private company to ship goods to South Africa instead of using our postal service (which is so bad it made amazon use said company).
And from what I've noticed almost all ABDL companies don't use private shipping.

Luckily I found a diaper store close enough to me where I can buy molicare diapers, and I will be closer to it once I move to my uni flat :)

Dan09 said:
Before the holiday season rolls around, I wanted to put this out there.

This is technically somewhat confidential information. But frankly, I don't care--because the impact this will have on folks, I feel this deserves to be out in the open. The impact of this is too far-reaching.

Starting at the end of the year/beginning of next year, a certain large logistics company, whose color may or may not be of the brown variety--will be announcing a shipping rate increase across the board. For ALL services, of approximately 7%. This means ground shipping, Air, everything will be affected.

This increase in shipping rate will almost certainly be passed along to consumers by retailers.

Please, don't spend money outside of your means. Be responsible--this rate hike is 2 months away, so there is still time. However, I'm saying this now--because perhaps more than ever, this holiday season, if there are any kind of significant sales on a diaper that you particularly like, now will likely be the time to jump on it.

I don't particularly care about stuffing the pockets of a lot of the diaper retailers, I think there is a lot of greed going on on their end just as much as everyone else that is increasing prices well beyond the bump in shipping prices etc...but this situation is likely not going to get any better for the average consumer, anytime soon. There is simply too much demand, and not enough supply/competition.

Good luck everybody.

It's not just UPS increasing base costs. Also, I wouldn't worry about confidential if I could find this by Googling it

Last edited:
Back