A very furry Cottontail re-introduction (with more to come)

When you say 'teetering on the edge of potty training', it implies that she is showing a few signs of readiness even if she isn't all-the-way ready. In what ways is she semi-ready for potty training?

Reactions: Edgewater and Cottontail
PurpleScorpion said:
When you say 'teetering on the edge of potty training', it implies that she is showing a few signs of readiness even if she isn't all-the-way ready. In what ways is she semi-ready for potty training?
I’m curious too... spill, Cottontail! 😆

Reactions: PaddedRita, Cottontail and Edgewater
PurpleScorpion said:
PrettyLilPrincess said:
I’m curious too... spill, Cottontail! 😆
Oh you guys! :LOL:

She’ll use the potty with encouragement and assistance, but she rarely shows any initiative. When she does, it’s almost always too late. Usually she just asks to be changed. Training pants have been tried, but they promise more independence than they deliver, especially in the case of little bunnies who lack the patience and dexterity to get their own tails through the tail holes.

• Haha
Reactions: KBoy, PrettyLilPrincess, Edgewater and 1 other person
Cottontail said:
Since joining more than a decade ago, I've used various furry-ish art to represent myself. The Pampers Baby Dry bunny was my longest-lived avatar, but he/she/they went on vacation when the forum software was replaced several years ago. Avatars were briefly made circular, and I selected this porthole icon as a sort of lighthearted protest. Moo relented on the circular-ness, and the Pampers bunny almost made a comeback, but then I had second thoughts. I'd been bitten by the furry bug, and decided I'd keep the porthole until I had a proper fursona to replace it with.

So began a few years of thinking. I loved the bunny and felt like I already had the species I wanted, but it took me a while to work out some of the other characteristics. The central themes were my little/AB side and my actual childhood. Those who've read my posts over the years may recall that my AB side leans strongly female, despite that adult me is firmly male and not significantly conflicted about it. I think some of that must come from the fact that most of the actual babies and toddlers I was around in my youth were girls, so when my little side lived vicariously, it tended to do so through a girl, but there are other possible reasons that I've shared before. Outside of littlespace, I enjoyed stereotypically boy activities.

Reflecting on that, I decided that the right fursona would be girl who mostly acts like the stereotype of a boy, so here's Cottontail (reference by MinetteFraise, a.k.a. StrawberryNeko, who was wonderful to work with and helped me experiment):

View attachment 82410

Cottontail the fur is a female, preschool-aged bunny, the youngest child and only daughter in a large family. With so much male influence, she isn't quite the daughter her mother imagined having, but that's ok. Cottontail is outgoing, energetic, and determined. And stubborn. She overwhelmingly favors playing with her older brothers to playing with other girls or others her own age, despite often getting dirty, hurt, or coming up on the losing end of a fight. Her paws and ears are naturally brown, but might be somewhat browner for all the digging she does. :) She loves video games and Pokemon, but doesn't quite "get" either of them, and usually ends up just watching and laughing (no matter what's happening).

Cottontail is a ginger/redhead, as that was my IRL hair color when I was her age. (It became more brownish as I got older.) As well, being a child of the 1980's, I wanted a bit of that era reflected in her appearance. Cottontail is very energetic, so her furry arms and legs are a nod to the 1980's workout girl look, with leg warmers and wristbands.

Cottontail has been teetering on the verge of potty training for some time, but tends to get so lost in what she's doing that accidents are still too frequent. Her parents are resigned to letting things move at their own pace, and despite the occasional teasing from her brothers, Cottontail seems in no hurry to be done with diapers. When I selected "Cottontail" as my username here (and on a couple of other forums), it was a double reference to the Pampers bunny and to the fact that my own preference in diapers is for cloth (hence "cotton," and of course "tail" means "butt"). Cottontail the fur wears disposables, with the simple heart design signifying DL. I also expected that she'd be more relatable in a disposable diaper, although she might appear in a cloth diaper at some point. After all, her parents are surely getting sick of paying for disposables.

As of this post, I'm still using the porthole avatar, but that's because I'm waiting on an icon commission. Once I have that, the porthole will go away. The days of the Luvs monkey signature are probably numbered as well. We'll see.
Love seeing your posts cottontail!

• Love
Reactions: KBoy, Cottontail, Edgewater and 1 other person
phillybaby22 said:
Love seeing your posts cottontail!
Very thorough for sure. A lot of time and effort goes into these characters

Reactions: Cottontail and Edgewater
Cottontail said:
Since joining more than a decade ago, I've used various furry-ish art to represent myself. The Pampers Baby Dry bunny was my longest-lived avatar, but he/she/they went on vacation when the forum software was replaced several years ago. Avatars were briefly made circular, and I selected this porthole icon as a sort of lighthearted protest. Moo relented on the circular-ness, and the Pampers bunny almost made a comeback, but then I had second thoughts. I'd been bitten by the furry bug, and decided I'd keep the porthole until I had a proper fursona to replace it with.

So began a few years of thinking. I loved the bunny and felt like I already had the species I wanted, but it took me a while to work out some of the other characteristics. The central themes were my little/AB side and my actual childhood. Those who've read my posts over the years may recall that my AB side leans strongly female, despite that adult me is firmly male and not significantly conflicted about it. I think some of that must come from the fact that most of the actual babies and toddlers I was around in my youth were girls, so when my little side lived vicariously, it tended to do so through a girl, but there are other possible reasons that I've shared before. Outside of littlespace, I enjoyed stereotypically boy activities.

Reflecting on that, I decided that the right fursona would be girl who mostly acts like the stereotype of a boy, so here's Cottontail (reference by MinetteFraise, a.k.a. StrawberryNeko, who was wonderful to work with and helped me experiment):

View attachment 82410

Cottontail the fur is a female, preschool-aged bunny, the youngest child and only daughter in a large family. With so much male influence, she isn't quite the daughter her mother imagined having, but that's ok. Cottontail is outgoing, energetic, and determined. And stubborn. She overwhelmingly favors playing with her older brothers to playing with other girls or others her own age, despite often getting dirty, hurt, or coming up on the losing end of a fight. Her paws and ears are naturally brown, but might be somewhat browner for all the digging she does. :) She loves video games and Pokemon, but doesn't quite "get" either of them, and usually ends up just watching and laughing (no matter what's happening).

Cottontail is a ginger/redhead, as that was my IRL hair color when I was her age. (It became more brownish as I got older.) As well, being a child of the 1980's, I wanted a bit of that era reflected in her appearance. Cottontail is very energetic, so her furry arms and legs are a nod to the 1980's workout girl look, with leg warmers and wristbands.

Cottontail has been teetering on the verge of potty training for some time, but tends to get so lost in what she's doing that accidents are still too frequent. Her parents are resigned to letting things move at their own pace, and despite the occasional teasing from her brothers, Cottontail seems in no hurry to be done with diapers. When I selected "Cottontail" as my username here (and on a couple of other forums), it was a double reference to the Pampers bunny and to the fact that my own preference in diapers is for cloth (hence "cotton," and of course "tail" means "butt"). Cottontail the fur wears disposables, with the simple heart design signifying DL. I also expected that she'd be more relatable in a disposable diaper, although she might appear in a cloth diaper at some point. After all, her parents are surely getting sick of paying for disposables.

As of this post, I'm still using the porthole avatar, but that's because I'm waiting on an icon commission. Once I have that, the porthole will go away. The days of the Luvs monkey signature are probably numbered as well. We'll see.

She is very adorable and cute!

Reactions: Cottontail
Back