A very furry Cottontail re-introduction (with more to come)

Cottontail

♫ Don't Worry, Be Hoppy! ♫
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Since joining more than a decade ago, I've used various furry-ish art to represent myself. The Pampers Baby Dry bunny was my longest-lived avatar, but he/she/they went on vacation when the forum software was replaced several years ago. Avatars were briefly made circular, and I selected this porthole icon as a sort of lighthearted protest. Moo relented on the circular-ness, and the Pampers bunny almost made a comeback, but then I had second thoughts. I'd been bitten by the furry bug, and decided I'd keep the porthole until I had a proper fursona to replace it with.

So began a few years of thinking. I loved the bunny and felt like I already had the species I wanted, but it took me a while to work out some of the other characteristics. The central themes were my little/AB side and my actual childhood. Those who've read my posts over the years may recall that my AB side leans strongly female, despite that adult me is firmly male and not significantly conflicted about it. I think some of that must come from the fact that most of the actual babies and toddlers I was around in my youth were girls, so when my little side lived vicariously, it tended to do so through a girl, but there are other possible reasons that I've shared before. Outside of littlespace, I enjoyed stereotypically boy activities.

Reflecting on that, I decided that the right fursona would be girl who mostly acts like the stereotype of a boy, so here's Cottontail (reference by MinetteFraise, a.k.a. StrawberryNeko, who was wonderful to work with and helped me experiment):

Cottontai1 postingsize.png

Cottontail the fur is a female, preschool-aged bunny, the youngest child and only daughter in a large family. With so much male influence, she isn't quite the daughter her mother imagined having, but that's ok. Cottontail is outgoing, energetic, and determined. And stubborn. She overwhelmingly favors playing with her older brothers to playing with other girls or others her own age, despite often getting dirty, hurt, or coming up on the losing end of a fight. Her paws and ears are naturally brown, but might be somewhat browner for all the digging she does. :) She loves video games and Pokemon, but doesn't quite "get" either of them, and usually ends up just watching and laughing (no matter what's happening).

Cottontail is a ginger/redhead, as that was my IRL hair color when I was her age. (It became more brownish as I got older.) As well, being a child of the 1980's, I wanted a bit of that era reflected in her appearance. Cottontail is very energetic, so her furry arms and legs are a nod to the 1980's workout girl look, with leg warmers and wristbands.

Cottontail has been teetering on the verge of potty training for some time, but tends to get so lost in what she's doing that accidents are still too frequent. Her parents are resigned to letting things move at their own pace, and despite the occasional teasing from her brothers, Cottontail seems in no hurry to be done with diapers. When I selected "Cottontail" as my username here (and on a couple of other forums), it was a double reference to the Pampers bunny and to the fact that my own preference in diapers is for cloth (hence "cotton," and of course "tail" means "butt"). Cottontail the fur wears disposables, with the simple heart design signifying DL. I also expected that she'd be more relatable in a disposable diaper, although she might appear in a cloth diaper at some point. After all, her parents are surely getting sick of paying for disposables.

As of this post, I'm still using the porthole avatar, but that's because I'm waiting on an icon commission. Once I have that, the porthole will go away. The days of the Luvs monkey signature are probably numbered as well. We'll see.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KBoy, CutestPaddedFemboy, JazzBaby and 25 others
Hey Cottontail,

Great re intro and background story. Love your fursona, great color scheme and art style. I saw my artist as I was using PayPal the other day and was starting to consider getting some more art.

Look forward to seeing your new icon😁

Reactions: IcyBlue and Edgewater
Cottontail said:
Since joining more than a decade ago, I've used various furry-ish art to represent myself. The Pampers Baby Dry bunny was my longest-lived avatar, but he/she/they went on vacation when the forum software was replaced several years ago. Avatars were briefly made circular, and I selected this porthole icon as a sort of lighthearted protest. Moo relented on the circular-ness, and the Pampers bunny almost made a comeback, but then I had second thoughts. I'd been bitten by the furry bug, and decided I'd keep the porthole until I had a proper fursona to replace it with.

So began a few years of thinking. I loved the bunny and felt like I already had the species I wanted, but it took me a while to work out some of the other characteristics. The central themes were my little/AB side and my actual childhood. Those who've read my posts over the years may recall that my AB side leans strongly female, despite that adult me is firmly male and not significantly conflicted about it. I think some of that must come from the fact that most of the actual babies and toddlers I was around in my youth were girls, so when my little side lived vicariously, it tended to do so through a girl, but there are other possible reasons that I've shared before. Outside of littlespace, I enjoyed stereotypically boy activities.

Reflecting on that, I decided that the right fursona would be girl who mostly acts like the stereotype of a boy, so here's Cottontail (reference by MinetteFraise, a.k.a. StrawberryNeko, who was wonderful to work with and helped me experiment):

View attachment 82410

Cottontail the fur is a female, preschool-aged bunny, the youngest child and only daughter in a large family. With so much male influence, she isn't quite the daughter her mother imagined having, but that's ok. Cottontail is outgoing, energetic, and determined. And stubborn. She overwhelmingly favors playing with her older brothers to playing with other girls or others her own age, despite often getting dirty, hurt, or coming up on the losing end of a fight. Her paws and ears are naturally brown, but might be somewhat browner for all the digging she does. :) She loves video games and Pokemon, but doesn't quite "get" either of them, and usually ends up just watching and laughing (no matter what's happening).

Cottontail is a ginger/redhead, as that was my IRL hair color when I was her age. (It became more brownish as I got older.) As well, being a child of the 1980's, I wanted a bit of that era reflected in her appearance. Cottontail is very energetic, so her furry arms and legs are a nod to the 1980's workout girl look, with leg warmers and wristbands.

Cottontail has been teetering on the verge of potty training for some time, but tends to get so lost in what she's doing that accidents are still too frequent. Her parents are resigned to letting things move at their own pace, and despite the occasional teasing from her brothers, Cottontail seems in no hurry to be done with diapers. When I selected "Cottontail" as my username here (and on a couple of other forums), it was a double reference to the Pampers bunny and to the fact that my own preference in diapers is for cloth (hence "cotton," and of course "tail" means "butt"). Cottontail the fur wears disposables, with the simple heart design signifying DL. I also expected that she'd be more relatable in a disposable diaper, although she might appear in a cloth diaper at some point. After all, her parents are surely getting sick of paying for disposables.

As of this post, I'm still using the porthole avatar, but that's because I'm waiting on an icon commission. Once I have that, the porthole will go away. The days of the Luvs monkey signature are probably numbered as well. We'll see.
Bubba, she's adorable! I hope her ouchyboos don't hurt! Poor kid. The only surprise is the sposie, to wit, I say, again, poor kid, but yeah, she's adorable, and I'm going to go read more about this kiddo that occupies my brother's heart. I want to meet her someday. Maybe after me and Daddy are married? You're already coming to the wedding. We'll try to plan it around you. That's what you get when you save my life.

Done reading, and yeah, she fits you. You know diaper covers with hearts are a thing; right?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PaddedRita, Edgewater and Cottontail
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I want to meet her someday. Maybe after me and Daddy are married?
That would be most excellent. :giggle:

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I hope her ouchyboos don't hurt! Poor kid.
She’s tough. The bandaids are mostly Mommy’s idea. :)

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
You know diaper covers with hearts are a thing; right?
Ha ha. Given what some people know about me, I figured that the disposable diaper would be a little polarizing. It was pretty calculated, really. I’ll inevitably spring for some cloth-diapered art at some point, but after deciding that I really liked Minette’s chibi art style, I looked at almost every babyfur she’d done and felt like her take on disposables was also a better fit. I second- and third-guessed everything, though. It’s so hard to decide.

fleckothefennec said:
I saw my artist as I was using PayPal the other day and was starting to consider getting some more art.
Some people seem to have art commissions coming nonstop. After this experience, I get it. It really is a fun process, working with somebody to put form to an idea.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KBoy, Edgewater, LittleBabyJake and 1 other person
When I get my fursuit and graphics made for it I am switching my profile as well. Won't be till next year though.
I want to put the whole "Mickey Mouse" persona type thing to rest and replace it with something else. Its based on something babyfur.. but I'll work with the fursuit maker to create uniqueness to it. Its going to be nice once I get it!

Reactions: Edgewater and Cottontail
MickeyM said:
When I get my fursuit and graphics made for it I am switching my profile as well. Won't be till next year though.
I want to put the whole "Mickey Mouse" persona type thing to rest and replace it with something else. Its based on something babyfur.. but I'll work with the fursuit maker to create uniqueness to it. Its going to be nice once I get it!
Poor Mickey, heh. But I look forward to seeing what you come up with! I could see myself having fun with a suit, but I don’t foresee getting one anytime soon.

(Still waiting for the second commission to be finished. Obviously I got impatient and just cropped my reference.)

Reactions: Edgewater
Adorable 🥰 I love the whole backstory and how the name Cottontail came to be.

So, boyish... Does that come with all the cheeky schemes and plans boys make? 😂 I mean she's not afraid to get dirty or even fight 🥺 that does conjure up some funny scenarios for me 🤣

Reactions: Edgewater, mistykitty and Cottontail
LittleBabyJake said:
So, boyish... Does that come with all the cheeky schemes and plans boys make? 😂 I mean she's not afraid to get dirty or even fight 🥺 that does conjure up some funny scenarios for me 🤣
Her schemes are all pretty transparent and shortsighted now, but we’ll see. The ten-year-old Cottontail might come along at some point. That would certainly bring more trouble. :)

Reactions: KBoy, WolfG, mistykitty and 1 other person
Sorry to reopen an old thread (another forum I use discourages that) but you said some of the details are autobiographical. Did you also come from a big family, or is that just a reference to your character’s parents literally “breeding like rabbits”?

Last edited:
Reactions: KBoy and Cottontail
The spunky little wabbit shows with the number of bandaids from crashing into stuff as you are rapidly moving about being you!
Love the attitude that is in the 'always on' position!

Reactions: Cottontail
I hope that wasn’t too nosey—certainly didn’t mean to be.

Last edited:
Labrador said:
Sorry to reopen an old thread (another forum I use discourages that) but you said some of the details are autobiographical. Did you also come from a big family, or is that just a reference to her parents literally “breeding like rabbits”?
Well, since it’s my topic you’re digging up, it’s totally ok. ;)

I didn’t come from a large family, no. Indeed, that just was a rabbit stereotype. I have only one sibling: a younger sister. The autobiographical bits are mostly related to her appearance. I had flaming red hair as a kid, and was always playing hard with friends and getting scratched and bruised. And like I said above, I was kind of going for an “80s workout girl” look with her, because that’s my decade.

Labrador said:
I hope that wasn’t too mosey—certainly didn’t mean to be.
Not at all!

Edgewater said:
The spunky little wabbit shows with the number of bandaids from crashing into stuff as you are rapidly moving about being you!
And getting stung by bees and falling out of trees. My friends and I used to go to an old rock quarry and dare each other to jump into the pit from higher and higher heights. Reflecting on that kind of thing, I’m amazed that I never broke any major bones (only one toe).

Last edited:
  • Love
Abdl and furry seem to be gateway drugs to each other. I also got my start in furry via abdl, and I know a bunch of furries who got their start in abdl via furry.

Also I know it's an old thread, but I missed the first run of it. Now that you've been in a whole, got any plans to go to any conventions or other furry events? There's usually a good group of babyfurs around most of them, as well as just normal furry shenanigans, cute artwork, etc. It's not something I ever thought I'd care for, but now I find myself attending a few conventions a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonnythepony, Cottontail and Edgewater
irnub said:
Now that you've been in a whole, got any plans to go to any conventions or other furry events? There's usually a good group of babyfurs around most of them, as well as just normal furry shenanigans, cute artwork, etc. It's not something I ever thought I'd care for, but now I find myself attending a few conventions a year.
No certain plans, although I am interested. With kids at home, and living where I do, my impulses often need to be reined in. As you may know, the Seattle area once had a recurring fur con called Rainfurrest, but a combination of poor planning and poor behavior by attendees led to its cancelation a few years ago. My timing always seems to be a bit off, heh.

Portland isn’t too far away either, we get lots of guests who come from the Puget Sound area. Don’t know if any furry conventions here, but it’s another major city you could try. 🤔
Off topic, the idea of living on an island sounds fun, but seems like it could be a liability. Does your island at least have a ferry or a bridge or something? Or do you have to have a boat to go anywhere? I’ve visited a few of those islands—Bainbridge, Whidby, Camano— and most are pretty easy to get to thankfully for the people who live there, but it looks like some are a bit isolated.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:

View attachment 82410

How cool is this?! You're so creative and imaginative! I love it! My favorite aspect is that you tied in yourself and your loved experiences and made a truly adorable fur! And her name is perfect. 😍🧸🩵

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita, Jonnythepony, Labrador and 3 others
Question I’ve been meaning to ask: Are Cottontail’s disposable diapers cloth backed or plastic backed?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: PaddedRita, Edgewater and Cottontail
PrettyLilPrincess said:
Question I’ve been meaning to ask: Are Cottontail’s disposable diapers cloth backed or plastic backed?
Ha ha, uh oh. Hmm... Anything I post to this topic is instant canon, right? But actually I can answer without hesitation: She wears cloth-backed diapers. (With all these fox and wolf furries on the prowl, a bunny can't afford to crinkle!)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KBoy, mistykitty, Edgewater and 2 others
I think cloth backed fits the theme you described here a bit better anyway. it’s sad than anthro animals haven’t figured out how to work out their differences.

Last edited:
Reactions: mistykitty, Edgewater and Cottontail
omg her design is so cute!! i love her color scheme and the band-aids are a super cute design choice. also minnetefraise's art is so good! i got an art piece from her and i love it. :3

Reactions: Edgewater and Cottontail
Back