A memory? A dream? A fantasy?

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Last night I had a dream which was very odd in that it seemed strangely familiar.

I have posted my origin story here, which features many numerous fragmented memories from the 80s and 90s:

Last night I had a dream and I do wonder whether it was part of some long forgotten memory.

Of course I was wearing a nappy last night as I always do (a Drylife Slip Super M for those who want the details).

In the dream/memory I was still a child. The background was hazy but the location seemed familiar. It wasn’t my old home but it was someone’s house.

In the dream wearing a white T-shirt and a wet nappy of some sort.

When I was a child I would dress for bed depending on the weather - nappy and pyjamas if it was cold, nappy and T-shirt in warmer weather, or just a nappy if it was hot.

It was daytime, so possibly morning.

I could hear a female voice saying “Oh no. A big boy like you still needs a nappy? You’re not a baby any more are you?”

The voice was kind, sort of gently chiding.

It was a voice that seemed familiar but is not a voice I recognise either. It certainly wasn’t my Mum or a grandparent or my partner.

If it really is a lost memory, I wonder whether it may have been at a relative’s house (we often stayed with relatives all over the country when going on visits) one morning, perhaps as a 3 or 4 year old, in which I bumped into an older cousin or auntie maybe?

The very odd thing is what when I woke up from this dream this morning (wet, of course) was that I was somewhat aroused. [Edit as TMI!]

This was rather un-nerving as my own wearing has not been a sexual thing for me for many years and I’ve never been into humiliation or anything like that.

I wonder whether, if this was a memory, it may have been one of the early triggers…

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Dune1001, Subtlerustle and Happy2BeInNappies2
There's a body of evidence that suggests that dreams are a means of filing your emotional issues so you can cope with life. While your dream really could be a recall of a time past, it's also possible that experience you're recalling is trying to tell you something about yourself now.
Dream analysis can be draining. You're dealing with something your subconscious is attempting to deal with. Rarely do we get in touch with this subconsciousness. I've done this a few times and what's remarkable is the realization that something you haven't considered that important is actually bothering you.
Dreams use symbols, not a plot like a movie. A diaper for you may represent happiness. The female voice, a sense of security. Only you can make the connection. Free association is a method of analyzing your dreams. Sort of like meditation. You choose an aspect of your dream and just ponder it. Don't force anything on it. Just sit quietly gently picturing that element. I found that feelings start to float up. These feelings are linked to your life experiences. If you're lucky (or patient enough) a feeling will float up that directly connects to that piece of your dream. That sends a chill thru you. This is the connection to what the dream is really about. Armed with this information, take another aspect of the dream and do the same thing. Now quicker a valid experience will come to you. These two memories will begin to point to something you are currently living and dealing with. With me, as I continue down this exercise I'll suddenly make the connection to some issue I'm dealing with. For me I come to the realization that something I thought was minor, is actually really bothering me.
Doing this is kinda tough. You're dealing with things in your dreams you aren't able to deal with in your daily life. The results if you can make the connections are amazing.

Reactions: Dune1001
60something said:
There's a body of evidence that suggests that dreams are a means of filing your emotional issues so you can cope with life. While your dream really could be a recall of a time past, it's also possible that experience you're recalling is trying to tell you something about yourself now.
Dream analysis can be draining. You're dealing with something your subconscious is attempting to deal with. Rarely do we get in touch with this subconsciousness. I've done this a few times and what's remarkable is the realization that something you haven't considered that important is actually bothering you.
Dreams use symbols, not a plot like a movie. A diaper for you may represent happiness. The female voice, a sense of security. Only you can make the connection. Free association is a method of analyzing your dreams. Sort of like meditation. You choose an aspect of your dream and just ponder it. Don't force anything on it. Just sit quietly gently picturing that element. I found that feelings start to float up. These feelings are linked to your life experiences. If you're lucky (or patient enough) a feeling will float up that directly connects to that piece of your dream. That sends a chill thru you. This is the connection to what the dream is really about. Armed with this information, take another aspect of the dream and do the same thing. Now quicker a valid experience will come to you. These two memories will begin to point to something you are currently living and dealing with. With me, as I continue down this exercise I'll suddenly make the connection to some issue I'm dealing with. For me I come to the realization that something I thought was minor, is actually really bothering me.
Doing this is kinda tough. You're dealing with things in your dreams you aren't able to deal with in your daily life. The results if you can make the connections are amazing.

Do you mean that my brain is saying to me (as I hurtle towards 40!) “Grow up- it’s time to be a big boy and stop wearing nappies.” ? 😉

Last edited:
PCS said:
If it really is a lost memory, I wonder whether it may have been at a relative’s house (we often stayed with relatives all over the country when going on visits) one morning, perhaps as a 3 or 4 year old, in which I bumped into an older cousin or auntie maybe?
Hmm, interesting. I'd be wondering if it was maybe somewhere inbetween? Given the voice is not one you recognise at all, that may lean more towards the dream side of things while the overall situation of waking up wet and comfortable is something you can easily reference from reality both past and present.

It is possible for false memories to be relatively easily produced so it's maybe with the repetition of waking up wet and wearing nappies a lot, your brain was able to fill in the blanks enough for it to plausibly be a memory, even though you're not 100% sure.

On the other hand, as everyone knows, memory from early childhood can be fuzzy at best so it could have really happened and just re-discovered now. Though it'd be interesting to see what it was that triggered it to be remembered now?

PCS said:
This was rather un-nerving as my own wearing has not been a sexual thing for me for many years and I’ve never been into humiliation or anything like that.
I suppose it doesn't necessarily mean that wearing was what triggered that reaction. After all, the human body is complex and given that it's not been a sexual thing for many years for you, I'd probably be more inclined to put it down to a random bodily reaction.

PCS said:
Do you mean that my brain is saying to me (as I hurtle towards 40!) “Grow up- it’s time to be a big boy and stop wearing nappies.” ? 😉
Haha, no chance! Just time for some big boy nappies instead!

Reactions: Dune1001
PCS said:
LOL.....probably more like your brain is saying " it's time you realize you're probably not going to graduate to bog boy pants"! 🤣

I have also had somewhat similar dreams where I was left wondering if this was something pulled from the past. The conclusion I reached after deliberating was it was likely a combination of things rather than a genuine lost memory. A sort of made-up but plausible scenario constructed from bits and bobs from the past and then pulled together by my modern interest in nappies and ABDL stuff, finally add a pinch of 'who knows what my brain is doing and emotions and dreams are weird' and you arrive at what I guess is a potentially theatrical reconstruction of scenes from the past.

I have also definitely had dreams which were a sort of warped version of past ABDL significant events numerous times but then again I can say that about many things in my life. Particularly the more negative ones as brains have that annoying habit of wanting you to replay the bad parts of your life over and over in various forms while you are trying to rest. They are just trolls sometimes!

Last edited:
Back