A Double Dose of "Different": Disorders and Diaper Loving

LilTwirl said:
Each of us, as an individual, has our own unique set of burdens to bear and paths to follow. For many of us, this whole ‘diaper thing’ can seem like quite a burden at times, and it poses a definite roadblock for our social lives, especially if we wish to be accepted in an intimate relationship. For some of us though, we are already experiencing difficulties at fitting in and experiencing challenges that go outside of the norm. We are the disabled, the disorderly, or the neurologically impaired, if you will.

Many ABDL community members have been diagnosed with some sort of a disability, or could be diagnosed if we sought it out. We’ve been told we have Asperger’s Syndrome, ADHD, Dyslexia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, or any other of a long list of potential impairments and invisible disorders. We are also infantilists. There seems to be a lot of us who can claim to be both neurologically impaired and involved in this unique lifestyle.

The Big Question: Are They Related?

It has often been pondered whether or not there is a correlation between having a neurological disorder and being a member of the AB/TB/DL community. It has been debated not only throughout our social circle, but has even been brought up in certain places within the neurological disability community, as well.

So what’s the answer? Is there a direct correlation between having a neurological difference and being an infantilist? It is through experience, analysis, and anecdotal evidence that it becomes quite visible that there is a plausible correlation between the two. However, this isn’t exactly an 'X caused Y' or a 'Y caused X' relationship, but rather, a case of an increased likelihood toward infantilism for those of us who qualify as neurologically disabled.

How can being neurologically disabled lead to diaper loving?

There are many ways in which being disabled can lead to a desire and/or need to regress or wear diapers. When determining the likelihood of a disabled individual developing the fetish or becoming a part of the lifestyle, one must look at the type of disorder the individual has, as well as its severity.

In general, neurological impairments such as Autism Spectrum Disorders (including Asperger’s Syndrome), Attention Deficit Disorder, and Sensory Processing Disorder each have a large variety of unique ways in which they can impact a person. No matter what the neurological disorder though, one can expect to find a general difficulty in fitting in with peers, a hard time meeting the day to day requirements the world has placed on people, and an increased likelihood of depression and difficulties coping with stress.

Infantilists are into the lifestyle for a variety of reasons, as well. Many of us are here because we have always liked feeling younger and having less responsibility from time to time, or appreciate or love wearing diapers. For many of us, this is a great way to relieve stress and temporarily remove ourselves from the harsh demands of the adult world. So, what does that mean for the neurologically impaired?

Attachment to babyish coping mechanisms

For those who are neurologically different from their peers, regressive patterns and coping mechanisms can be an attractive option for coping with stress and emotional hardship. Because many had many challenges while attempting to adapt to their social environment throughout the early ages of life, developmental milestones may have been reached late or missed entirely. Essentially, many neurologically disabled individuals have a relatively weak foundation in many of the areas that are required for a happy and well-rounded childhood.

To cope with these difficulties, many develop bonds with habits and items that can be found in their environment. This could be a plushy (stuffed animal), pacifier, bottle, blanket, or diapers, to name some of the most common babyhood coping mechanisms and comfort tools. Essentially, they develop bonds with these coping mechanisms that greatly exceed the bonds that their peers developed for the same items.

When it came time for most neurologically typical children to give up diapers, pacifiers, or their blankie, it was likely to be a minor challenge, but one that they ultimately took and moved on smoothly from, without needing to look back. For disabled kids, on the other hand, it was much harder. Because they lacked many of the same neurological capabilities of the other children, they didn’t feel as safe in their environment, and did not feel comfortable giving up their calming safety tools. This may be a common period in which such a child may begin to develop into an infantilist, refusing to give up on what they had always had before. Even if they do submit to the demands of society and try to move beyond such things, they will ultimately still have a strong emotional attachment.

Another common issue that is typical for people with neurological impairments is the likelihood of sensory problems. It has been stated before that as many as half of every person diagnosed with ADHD, as well as virtually every person diagnosed on the autism spectrum has some level of sensory difficulties. These difficulties have been discovered in children that have none of the aforementioned disabilities, and it has been given its own diagnostic label, Sensory Processing Disorder.

Ways autism and neurological sensory issues can lead to infantilism

One of the most common problems for people who have Autism Spectrum Disorders and Sensory Processing Disorder (making up approximately five percent of the world) is a difficulty with changes in the environment and transitions from one thing to another. Going from being able to wear diapers to having to use a toilet is a very big transition, and a definite change in a child’s environment.

Many people with these disabilities have a very hard time breaking from what they are doing, even for something as mundane as going to the bathroom, and hence, don’t want to do it. This inability to break away from a task to perform a vital bodily function, coupled with a hard time deciphering and experiencing the urge to use the bathroom (another common problem here), is what keeps many children with these disorders from potty training early.

One look at the websites dedicated to parents in the autism or SPD communities will reveal that potty training is a very difficult issue for a good number of children with these conditions. It is not very uncommon for a lot of these kids to be wearing diapers full time until, or even beyond, the age of 5. Many have issues with bedwetting that go on for years later, as well.

People who are hypersensitive to sensory input often have a hard time with a noisy and uncomfortable bathroom environment, and find the seams on most forms of underwear to be extremely agitating. They may prefer the feeling of a smooth porous diaper instead of underwear. Those who are under-sensitive to sensory input may not even feel the need to go until it is too late, causing chronic bedwetting accidents, and those who are sensory seekers may actually crave the sensory input diapers provide.

That’s right, many kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Sensory Processing Disorder, and ADHD may actually find the sensory stimuli that comes from diapers addictive, in a sense, and may fixate on them and need them to help maintain better focus and internal regulation. The scent of the powder, the feeling of the interior of the diaper, especially when wet or perhaps even messy, and the bonding pressure of the snug undergarments are all very attractive sensations to many people who are sensory seekers.

So what can be concluded?

It seems quite possible that a person with neurological impairments may be led to this lifestyle. While it is purely illogical to state that having these disorders causes infantilism, it is not too hard to imagine the appeal diapers, pacifiers, and other regression based tools for those who have an abnormal nervous system. Likewise, it is also completely unfounded to suggest that all infantilists have some form of neurological condition.

As for me, I have had Sensory Processing Disorder my whole life, and I never wanted to be potty trained. I intensely seek out the input that diapers can offer me, and have a difficult time with bathrooms, certain clothing textures, and breaking from my tasks to head to the restroom every hour or two. I feel that it is likely that this played a pivotal role in what has brought me to where I am today, as a discreetly open infantilist and diaper lover.

I have made a lot of friends in the SPD community, and most of them turned out to have some sort of regression-type habit, even if they weren’t involved in the ABDL community. I have also made quite a few friends in the ABDL community, and have never been very surprised to see a lot of them suffer from some sort of sensory processing difficulties or neurological differences.

For those of us who are neurologically impaired members of the ABDL community, we have a couple of definite hurdles to overcome when it comes to personal and social acceptance, as well as intimate relationships. If we are able to accept ourselves for both our challenges and our lifestyle, and find someone who is able to love both our unique quirkiness and our diapering interests, then it is something that is truly special, and a sign of true internal strength.

Between our diapers and our disorders, we are indeed very unique and interesting people.

LilTwirl said:
This is a great article for me this explains a lot. It means I'm finally ready and gaining information about my future which is extremely important and valuable information in general. I appreciate it. I guess in general it means I need To let go. And this also means to me I'm finally gaining my innocent's back and going the place I belong. I've tried for years to honestly run from who I am inside to realize it's apart of who I'll always be. If I run away from it I will lose everything I am. The valued experience I've gained over the last few years by finally accepting my abdl side it has actually helped. It's highly incredible when let go and we finally becomes friends with yourself you seek self reliability. Inner peace and becoming a child of God is my sliver lining. If there was a song for this year it will be enigma return to innocence :/

Last edited:
I have dyslexia and then came rheumatoid and psoriatic walking abilities are waning big-time from nerve damage damage effecting legs and bladder its easier to wear a diaper than wake up to a wet cold bed that's an nasty feeling then I went into ABDL fro past history of bed wetting until about 15 years old as a young child I was put into cloth diapers then to pampers because I was a very small child at 5 years old I was only about 2 feet tall so pampers worked fine at first I hated wearing then found comfort from wearing as wearing now I didn't have a problem adjusting to wearing Adult Pampers as I call them I Wear Betterdry and Comfydry dry reminds me of the old school pampers I was in back in the late 60's and early 70's.

I am also on the spectrum and deal with some anxiety issues. Really thought-provoking original post!! I do feel that the stresses from being forced to mask some of my autistic tendencies during my K-12 education and hypersensitivity in everyday life did have some connection with dreaming about diapers as a coping mechanism. It was also an arousing diversion and comforting idea to come back to since I also did not find that many social connections or BFFs really. It’s tough!

LilTwirl said:
Each of us, as an individual, has our own unique set of burdens to bear and paths to follow. For many of us, this whole ‘diaper thing’ can seem like quite a burden at times, and it poses a definite roadblock for our social lives, especially if we wish to be accepted in an intimate relationship. For some of us though, we are already experiencing difficulties at fitting in and experiencing challenges that go outside of the norm. We are the disabled, the disorderly, or the neurologically impaired, if you will.

Many ABDL community members have been diagnosed with some sort of a disability, or could be diagnosed if we sought it out. We’ve been told we have Asperger’s Syndrome, ADHD, Dyslexia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, or any other of a long list of potential impairments and invisible disorders. We are also infantilists. There seems to be a lot of us who can claim to be both neurologically impaired and involved in this unique lifestyle.

It has often been pondered whether or not there is a correlation between having a neurological disorder and being a member of the AB/TB/DL community. It has been debated not only throughout our social circle, but has even been brought up in certain places within the neurological disability community, as well.

So what’s the answer? Is there a direct correlation between having a neurological difference and being an infantilist? It is through experience, analysis, and anecdotal evidence that it becomes quite visible that there is a plausible correlation between the two. However, this isn’t exactly an 'X caused Y' or a 'Y caused X' relationship, but rather, a case of an increased likelihood toward infantilism for those of us who qualify as neurologically disabled.

There are many ways in which being disabled can lead to a desire and/or need to regress or wear diapers. When determining the likelihood of a disabled individual developing the fetish or becoming a part of the lifestyle, one must look at the type of disorder the individual has, as well as its severity.

In general, neurological impairments such as Autism Spectrum Disorders (including Asperger’s Syndrome), Attention Deficit Disorder, and Sensory Processing Disorder each have a large variety of unique ways in which they can impact a person. No matter what the neurological disorder though, one can expect to find a general difficulty in fitting in with peers, a hard time meeting the day to day requirements the world has placed on people, and an increased likelihood of depression and difficulties coping with stress.

Infantilists are into the lifestyle for a variety of reasons, as well. Many of us are here because we have always liked feeling younger and having less responsibility from time to time, or appreciate or love wearing diapers. For many of us, this is a great way to relieve stress and temporarily remove ourselves from the harsh demands of the adult world. So, what does that mean for the neurologically impaired?

For those who are neurologically different from their peers, regressive patterns and coping mechanisms can be an attractive option for coping with stress and emotional hardship. Because many had many challenges while attempting to adapt to their social environment throughout the early ages of life, developmental milestones may have been reached late or missed entirely. Essentially, many neurologically disabled individuals have a relatively weak foundation in many of the areas that are required for a happy and well-rounded childhood.

To cope with these difficulties, many develop bonds with habits and items that can be found in their environment. This could be a plushy (stuffed animal), pacifier, bottle, blanket, or diapers, to name some of the most common babyhood coping mechanisms and comfort tools. Essentially, they develop bonds with these coping mechanisms that greatly exceed the bonds that their peers developed for the same items.

When it came time for most neurologically typical children to give up diapers, pacifiers, or their blankie, it was likely to be a minor challenge, but one that they ultimately took and moved on smoothly from, without needing to look back. For disabled kids, on the other hand, it was much harder. Because they lacked many of the same neurological capabilities of the other children, they didn’t feel as safe in their environment, and did not feel comfortable giving up their calming safety tools. This may be a common period in which such a child may begin to develop into an infantilist, refusing to give up on what they had always had before. Even if they do submit to the demands of society and try to move beyond such things, they will ultimately still have a strong emotional attachment.

Another common issue that is typical for people with neurological impairments is the likelihood of sensory problems. It has been stated before that as many as half of every person diagnosed with ADHD, as well as virtually every person diagnosed on the autism spectrum has some level of sensory difficulties. These difficulties have been discovered in children that have none of the aforementioned disabilities, and it has been given its own diagnostic label, Sensory Processing Disorder.

One of the most common problems for people who have Autism Spectrum Disorders and Sensory Processing Disorder (making up approximately five percent of the world) is a difficulty with changes in the environment and transitions from one thing to another. Going from being able to wear diapers to having to use a toilet is a very big transition, and a definite change in a child’s environment.

Many people with these disabilities have a very hard time breaking from what they are doing, even for something as mundane as going to the bathroom, and hence, don’t want to do it. This inability to break away from a task to perform a vital bodily function, coupled with a hard time deciphering and experiencing the urge to use the bathroom (another common problem here), is what keeps many children with these disorders from potty training early.

One look at the websites dedicated to parents in the autism or SPD communities will reveal that potty training is a very difficult issue for a good number of children with these conditions. It is not very uncommon for a lot of these kids to be wearing diapers full time until, or even beyond, the age of 5. Many have issues with bedwetting that go on for years later, as well.

People who are hypersensitive to sensory input often have a hard time with a noisy and uncomfortable bathroom environment, and find the seams on most forms of underwear to be extremely agitating. They may prefer the feeling of a smooth porous diaper instead of underwear. Those who are under-sensitive to sensory input may not even feel the need to go until it is too late, causing chronic bedwetting accidents, and those who are sensory seekers may actually crave the sensory input diapers provide.

That’s right, many kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Sensory Processing Disorder, and ADHD may actually find the sensory stimuli that comes from diapers addictive, in a sense, and may fixate on them and need them to help maintain better focus and internal regulation. The scent of the powder, the feeling of the interior of the diaper, especially when wet or perhaps even messy, and the bonding pressure of the snug undergarments are all very attractive sensations to many people who are sensory seekers.

It seems quite possible that a person with neurological impairments may be led to this lifestyle. While it is purely illogical to state that having these disorders causes infantilism, it is not too hard to imagine the appeal diapers, pacifiers, and other regression based tools for those who have an abnormal nervous system. Likewise, it is also completely unfounded to suggest that all infantilists have some form of neurological condition.

As for me, I have had Sensory Processing Disorder my whole life, and I never wanted to be potty trained. I intensely seek out the input that diapers can offer me, and have a difficult time with bathrooms, certain clothing textures, and breaking from my tasks to head to the restroom every hour or two. I feel that it is likely that this played a pivotal role in what has brought me to where I am today, as a discreetly open infantilist and diaper lover.

I have made a lot of friends in the SPD community, and most of them turned out to have some sort of regression-type habit, even if they weren’t involved in the ABDL community. I have also made quite a few friends in the ABDL community, and have never been very surprised to see a lot of them suffer from some sort of sensory processing difficulties or neurological differences.

For those of us who are neurologically impaired members of the ABDL community, we have a couple of definite hurdles to overcome when it comes to personal and social acceptance, as well as intimate relationships. If we are able to accept ourselves for both our challenges and our lifestyle, and find someone who is able to love both our unique quirkiness and our diapering interests, then it is something that is truly special, and a sign of true internal strength.

Between our diapers and our disorders, we are indeed very unique and interesting peop

Thanks for posting this. I am autistic and I find that many of my autistic friends do not think of things in terms of whether they are "age appropriate" or not. For example, many of us like to watch cartoons that are designed for kids. I wonder if that is related to why I enjoy infantilism. Overall, I believe life is meant to be enjoyed.

I have ADHD and BPD, and have had so much trauma happen in my life. I got into a car accident in 2019, and have had a lot of people screw me over. The latest one being around the time of the car accident. I've been dealing with the aftermath for three years, going on four, and therapy feels like torture. So with all that, I've been trying to find solutions to help instead of talking it out, and I've always managed to come full circle back to diapers. I also vape and smoke delta 11, which is pretty much "diet weed", according to my partner. Closest thing I can get to actual weed around here. I feel safe and comfortable in diapers, since I deal with anxiety and panic attacks regularly.

Food for thought. I am not diagnosed with any mental disorders, but I do quite possibly have childhood trauma which drove me to abdl for security and love

LilTwirl said:

Between our diapers and our disorders, we are indeed very unique and interesting people.
That was well spoken, articulate and apropos. Thank you for writing that.

• Love
Reactions: DBabygirl2
A very good, and well written paper.
Ax I’m sure with many others, I truly believed I was the only person in this world that wanted to be a baby after they got a little older until I was 34. I’m now 61, but still feel pretty alone.
I’ve shared my story in other posts, but I recall at about 4-5 years of age still wanting to be a baby and treated like my little sister.
Although I don’t have any of the conditions mentioned, for me, regression w became a way to survive and dissociate from the real world I had two major birth defects requiring early surgeries beginning at six months, and extended times in a hospital far from home and family.
Then when I started school, I was severely bullied nearly every day as I wore a back and foot brace until the 8th grade.
My parents were great, for the most part. But mom was extremely frustrated when finding a diaper, or something that I was using as such and I had no way to explain why I was doing it.
I was even diagnosed, by X-ray, to have an ulcer at nine years of age. I had spent a month at a children’s hospital being fitted for a new back brace and extensive testing to see why I was getting these extreme dizzy spells, extreme nause/vomiting and then becoming dehydrated and needing hospitalization many times. But since MEI’s were many years down the road, the doctor La didn’t know I had large arachnid cyst between the two hemispheres of my brain, right above the cerebellum. The theory now is that with each growth spurt I was having episodes of hydrocephalus because the cyst wax nearly blocking the flow of the fluid even now.
It was also during this stay that I was sexually abused in this hospital but I didn’t remember it until my wedding night.
I’m getting off topic. But in 1993 I first learned about infantilism and there were others somewhat like me. I had achieved my early childhood dream of being a corporate pilot.
I actually had dealt with urge incontinence until about the second year of our marriage from damage from a nurse getting tangled with a catheter about eleven years earlier. Severe scar tissue had built up in the track and it had to be totally reconstructed.
In the first couple years of marriage I wore cloth at night , and around home and the old attends belted pad when out for protection.
After the surgery I told her I still was having leaking problems, especially at night, so I’d have a reason to wear diapers. I felt terrible about lying. But as I mentioned, I recalled the sexual abuse at nine years old on our we’d night. I asked my wife many times over the eighteen years to hobto a sex therapist with me to help that part of our relationship. She’d only respond by saying if I was a real man it wouldn’t bother me!! More rejection, more shame and humiliation to hide from, disassociate from!
One day I got home from work and my wife caught me ax I came in the door telling me about the guests on the Donahue show. That was the famous show wheee he had adult babies on and basically displayed it as strictly some very bizarre and perverted sex thing! My wife had suspected I wasn’t being truthful, but after describing the show she asked if I was one of them. I of course said no.
Well, after just getting my first computer, and internet access, I gradually learned precious little more about what I was, and what I learned made me feel even worse about myself! I wax already severely depressed, but didn’t realize it, as I was at the tail end of a very long and painful process to lengthen my leg one inch.
A few moths later I finally left a letter explaining the best I could to my wife about what I was dealing with and apologized for lying to her. Her response was to then call ALL THE WIVES, of our close friends and our pastor! My life ent to he’ll shortly after.
I was eventually diagnosed inpatient at a Christian psych hospital with BPD and major depression. Sadly, the staffs entire knowledge base of infantilism was the Phill Donahue show! I was diagnosed by the experts as having a sexual addiction!! Being totally ignorant, and with no underlying myself on the many different ways others “participate “ in regression, I tried to accept the experts judgment, I now call it, and sought the cure through the twelve steps!! How do you think that worked out????
Thankfully, my faith in God, and His wonderful live and mercy, and my hard work, my life is good now. But I lost my career and family at that time.
Again I digressed, but your thesis seems to show a correlation to neurological diagnosis and regress? I’m wondering if any child in highly stressed environments, whether brought on by this, or by what they experienced as a result of other difficult physical conditions and it’s all basically wrapped up into each developing a somewhat dissociative state to “survive?”
Thanks for sharing and sorry for rambling. Guess I was journaling some.

Reactions: sport1
I have high functioning autism and OCD. I definitely think that being a ABDL is related for me.
LilTwirl said:
and those who are sensory seekers may actually crave the sensory input diapers provide.

This is definitely me! I love the sensory experience of a diaper. The softness, wetting, and embarrassingly messing.

This is what I know as far as my potty training experience:
According to my mom, I took longer to potty train then my younger sister who was trained at 2 when I was at 3. I don't remember being upset about giving up diapers and went along. I got to pick out a cool potty. I even remember being excited about getting my first pack of underwear. I also was weirdly obsessed with seeing the bathroom at every place I went, so every place was a new one to explore. I never knew that I missed diapers until I got put back in a pull up one time.
My first time was when I was put in a pull up to sleep by my dad after I refused to try to go to the bathroom before bed when I was 3 or 4 years old. Being a "big kid" I did not want to wear it but I did not have a choice. But once it was on I noticed that the softness and comfort felt amazing. That's when I realized that I missed diapers/pull-ups. I was never a bed wetter so I woke up dry of course but I did have to go in the morning. I seriously thought about just peeing in it but I knew that my mom would be mad if I did and I was already embarrassed for her to find me in a pull up. I remember being sad to take it off and throw it away especially since it was dry. I secretly wanted it to happen to me again but it never did.

When I was in a situation where I had to go but did not want to I would just hold it and wait until I absolutely had to go. I remember one time after I was potty trained when I was playing in the playroom at my moms gym and I had to go and I did not want to ask to go so I just held it until I couldn't and wet my pants. I was so embarrassed after that I would make sure I would go before I reached that point. I would often have damp underwear from holding until I start to leak, even early on in elementary school. I would often end up peeing in my underwear in little squirts during recess. Luckily I was always able to stop it before it made anything other than my underwear wet and I never told anyone out of embarrassment.

Reactions: Cottontail
I think this really helped me to accept myself. I've never heard the term "Sensory Seeking" before, But I think that describes my relationship with diapers very well: the soft padding, the warm wetness, and the predictably human smell that comes from it. I Used to think that it was a sexual thing for me, But I'm starting to think it's more of like you said: sensory seeking. While it is still a bit awkward of an attribute to have, it's not harmful to anyone else, and it does help me to focus. I am in a relationship, and I am curious to see how/if this dynamic can exist peacefully in my relationship. Thank you for leading me to a better understanding of myself.

Reactions: PaddedWolfie
LilTwirl said:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and research. This is me in many ways and it all makes perfect sense. They didn't see, support or diagnose females on the spectrum when I was growing up, and I was not allowed to secure an attachment to babyish objects that really could've helped me back then.

Reactions: PaddedRita and Angelapinks
I have OSDD which is why I got into using dipers. Though a traumatic event I discovered I had a baby alter. Which is around 3 months old and has no bladder control. A month or so later another child alter came about. It was though both of them that I started being more childish. We are often mushed together but then separate randomly or controlled.

My other disorders include, socal anxiety, borderline personality disorder, PTSD, depression and on autism spectrum.

I've always had a childish streak weather that's because of other disorders or my first child alter I couldn't say. The mind is very complex. Sensory wise I do like the feel of dipers and sucking on a pacifier or bottle.

Last edited:
Reactions: DylanLewis
I suffer from extreme anxiety and C-PTSD , somehow when I get to little space I can forget and just be little me .
Even if it is just for a short while , it helps .
T.

Reactions: sport1 and Angelapinks
PassiveRenegade said:
I have OSDD which is why I got into using dipers. Though a traumatic event I discovered I had a baby alter. Which is around 3 months old and has no bladder control. A month or so later another child alter came about. It was though both of them that I started being more childish. We are often mushed together but then separate randomly or controlled.

My other disorders include, socal anxiety, borderline personality disorder, PTSD, depression and on autism spectrum.

I've always had a childish streak weather that's because of other disorders or my first child alter I couldn't say. The mind is very complex. Sensory wise I do like the feel of dipers and sucking on a pacifier or bottle.
PassiveRenegade

I have OSDD and Little alters. Its uncommon to read someone identify being ABDL in these terms (although I think its common & unrecognized). I've written books under this name on dissociation and ABDL (on kindle, inexpensive, return for a refund if you don't like). Go you!

Regards. Dylan.

DylanLewis said:
PassiveRenegade

I have OSDD and Little alters. Its uncommon to read someone identify being ABDL in these terms (although I think its common & unrecognized). I've written books under this name on dissociation and ABDL (on kindle, inexpensive, return for a refund if you don't like). Go you!

Regards. Dylan.
It was this form and your replies to it that incourged me to join this site in the first place. I'm aware this isn't a place specifically for thoes with dissociation disorders but we could slide in and communicate about abdl topics easlie. Unfortunately the little side of DID/OSDD,etc forms are very closed about the use of dipers and such so I'm glad I can talk about it here.

I have looked at your books (yet to buy but I intend to eventually) and I agree that there are likly more people out there where little space is more than a roll play but a separate concous within them. I am biast given I am such a person yet I've only found one other reference to someone with a dissociative disorder having littles that required dipers. The responsive to this person were negitive and in as far as telling this person to stop the little behaving like that and to "make them grow up". Unfortunately I couldn't find the site again.

I'm simply happy I've found a place that doesn't have issues with someone like me being here.

• Love
Reactions: LittleLynn, BunnyPrincess, DylanLewis and 1 other person
PassiveRenegade said:
It was this form and your replies to it that incourged me to join this site in the first place. I'm aware this isn't a place specifically for thoes with dissociation disorders but we could slide in and communicate about abdl topics easlie. Unfortunately the little side of DID/OSDD,etc forms are very closed about the use of dipers and such so I'm glad I can talk about it here.

I have looked at your books (yet to buy but I intend to eventually) and I agree that there are likly more people out there where little space is more than a roll play but a separate concous within them. I am biast given I am such a person yet I've only found one other reference to someone with a dissociative disorder having littles that required dipers. The responsive to this person were negitive and in as far as telling this person to stop the little behaving like that and to "make them grow up". Unfortunately I couldn't find the site again.

I'm simply happy I've found a place that doesn't have issues with someone like me being here.
PassiveRenegade

I've been trying to remember some of the other ADISC members who (like us) have publicly identified with OSDD or DID. If you do a search on dissociation, OSDD and/or DID you can find some. One of the most articulate and informed is NinaAlex. We are all unique and her experience is her own, but I found her posts on dissociation very informative.

Regards. Dylan.

Reactions: Angelapinks
DylanLewis said:
PassiveRenegade

I've been trying to remember some of the other ADISC members who (like us) have publicly identified with OSDD or DID. If you do a search on dissociation, OSDD and/or DID you can find some. One of the most articulate and informed is NinaAlex. We are all unique and her experience is her own, but I found her posts on dissociation very informative.

Regards. Dylan.
I will search around and see what I find. Thank you

Reactions: DylanLewis
Aspie speaking. Found this interesting!

I have to say what a wonderful article. My son who is 8 deals with Autism, dyslexia, dysgraphia, and Developmental Delay. As a parent I have tried and tried and tried and tried to potty train him. So we found out through his social worker that potty training is going to be really hard for us. So he wears pull-ups, due because of his Autism.
Now on to me. I wear tabbed thick absorbent diapers 24/7 365 because of a plethora of reasons. One my bipolar depression and anxiety. And when I was married to my ex-wife she treated me like dirt. So when she was working at night, I found comfort in wearing pamper size 7 diapers at night for comfort. After we got a divorce, and I got married to my wife now, I still had a love of wearing diapers due to my ex-wife experience. So I found that Tena diapers were a great coping mechanism. Even though I wasn't with my ex-wife anymore, and I still have to deal with my bipolar depression and anxiety, I found comfort in wearing them. At first I had to hide the diapers from her and only wear diapers when my wife was at work. But she understood. But in 2015, I was working with cattle and Livestock, and I suffered a severe lower back injury from a very angry beef cow that lost her baby on the truck. I found out a month after my injury, I lost all control over my bowels and urinary. So I now rely on wearing diapers 24/7 365. I did see a specialist for my back, but if I got it fixed I had a higher chance of being in a wheelchair. So now I wear tabbed diapers. I would rather run, and play with my sons being in a diaper. Plus if my bipolar depression and anxiety flares up, then I have the comfort of my diapers. I feel diapers are a great tool for comfort (in any circumstance,) as well as a great thing if you are mentally, physically, and emotionally disabled. Great article.

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks
Back