Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Without Protection - Research Related Question. No Fantasies.

Default Sleeping Without Protection - Research Related Question. No Fantasies.

I'm writing a story that involves a main character who has suffered from nocturnal enuresis all of his life. The story is not about his incontinence, it's just something he has dealt with.

My question is this:

Those of you who are genuinely incontinent and have had nights where you could not afford the medications or the protections necessary to be partly dry: How long did it take you to wake up after an episode?

Please, no fantasy related posts. Genuine answers only, please.

Normally I wake up at my normal time 7am, not being aware that I have wet the bed.

I normally wake up as I'm wetting, as in I'm woken up by the urge, but it's already too late.

I don't know until I wake up and find the bed protector and my pj's soaked. I have had times where I can feel that I'm wetting the bed but I'm not totally awake and always mange to fall asleep straight away but that happens about once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    I don't know until I wake up and find the bed protector and my pj's soaked. I have had times where I can feel that I'm wetting the bed but I'm not totally awake and always mange to fall asleep straight away but that happens about once a month.
    This .. when I wet unprotected I sort of know I wet the bed but its sort of like a dream state and I am right back to sleep. 2nd wetting I never wake up

Quote Originally Posted by chamberpot View Post
    This .. when I wet unprotected I sort of know I wet the bed but its sort of like a dream state and I am right back to sleep. 2nd wetting I never wake up
    Yeah exactly it's like a dream.

No matter howwet I am I always sleep through until my alarm goes. I've always slept through my bedwetting.

Well my first time wetting the bed was in a Hospital, the nurses woke me because i wet so bad the halway got wet, they changed my bed and room so i did not have to be up the rest of the night well the flood was dealt with, they did however ask me to sleep on a bariatric diaper and kinda bunch it around my junk, i refused and said get one my size and i will wear it,i obvisously need it and from that day forward have worn 24/7 and cathed 5 times a day this is 20+ years that my urologist has treated me for incon bedwetting and retention i have a neurogenic bladder, enlarged prostate, oversize bladder, incon, functional incon. Any questions for specific details you may want feel free to ask , i realize that you are creating a character that this is just part of his life , but the books that become best sellers build a compeling "backstory" of the characters so people feel a true connection to the character and even if incon or bedwetting is just one facet of the character overall if your book becomes a hit and future Sequels or Prequels are then written you can expand the characters backstory into books of there own about his specific life experiences that make them who they are,just as real people are composites of there past life experiences everything we as humans in our current day are based on a past experience that we learned from and therefore shaped or molded our personalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
    Any questions for specific details you may want feel free to ask
    I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I just did. I thank you for your response in regards to the question, but the rest of what you typed is superfluous and not at all what I asked for.