Convert a Nappy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Website looks good

Sales are now open on the site for sizes medium to XL, we are still waiting on the kids small size coming back into stock.

Check us out at www.convertups.com, will be re-listing on eBay shortly.

Thanks,
ConvertUps

Hi Guys,

We have had loads of questions about what ConvertUps look like in use and how they fit, the amount of rise and waist sizes, etc. So we've done a photo shoot today of an average size adult male, 35 inch waist, and the photos are on our new Gallery Page on the website, here:

https://www.convertups.com/pages/gallery

Hopefully this helps people visualise the size and how they work. This is a large size, we do Small, Medium, Large and XL sizes, so they can go bigger.

Thanks,
​ConvertUps

looks like a diaper thong ;)

bambinod said:
looks like a diaper thong ;)

I'll grant Speedo. :)

celticbabyboy said:
(diaper extender)

celticbabyboy, I still think the fatal flaw with this design--though I love the idea and think it's well-implemented--is that the diaper length is compensated for in the front versus the back. The 'killer app' here is going to be extending the diaper in the back so that the front can be all diaper. Because that's where fluids come out, particularly for us guys. I don't think I'd be able to use the product as-is without consistently wetting it instead of the diaper.

What I envision here is a one-piece product that goes in back:

WP_20160313_10_22_59_Pro.jpg

(Yes, I drew that with crayons.)

You would place this over the back of the diaper, feed the elastic wings out through the slots, and tape them--without stretching them too much--to the loop material. The back of the diaper would then be supported by the wing slots. And then you've basically got yourself a bigger diaper. You just put it on. There are no extra bits to attach, and the actual diaper can rise to a reasonable level in front.

As an added bonus, the edges of the main triangular area might have elastic sewn into them so that they hug your curves a bit more. Or perhaps the entire thing--except for the material immediately around the wing slots, is made of a stretchy material. That could be really neat.

Anyway.

I love your general idea, but for adults who need quite a bit more length, I just think the frontal approach is a showstopper.

Last edited:
I ordered one. Looking forward to getting my shipment hopefully this week.

Would love to see some reviews on how the product holds up - anyone gotten their Convertup yet?

Hi Guys,

We tried many variations on the design and the final design ConvertUp that we decided on did the trick for everyone we've tested with. We've honestly not had any frontal leakage. Unless you point your manhood straight up the front, it is all contained within the diaper.

Check out our new gallery, which shows as large size ConvertUp on a regular guy with a 35 inch waist. See that it still comes pretty far up the front:
https://www.convertups.com/pages/gallery

Here is our most recent eBay feedback on our ConvertUps sales on there:

Lovely transaction. Very quick delivery. Will be buying again!
Awesome!!!
Perfect! Thanks
Product as described. Great service and comms; would recommend this seller
great comms super product quick delivery fantastic
thanks good ebyer would use again

We've had 100% positive feedback so far, that's from parents and adults of many different ages. The design would not work back-to-front, I'm afraid.

Given how much money these save you vs. adult diapers or larger size pullups, we are barely able to make these fast enough to meet demand. We've sold through more than 60% of our last batch in the past 5 days and we've just kicked off manufacturing on the next batch.

What can I say - get them while you can!

Cottontail said:
celticbabyboy, I still think the fatal flaw with this design--though I love the idea and think it's well-implemented--is that the diaper length is compensated for in the front versus the back. The 'killer app' here is going to be extending the diaper in the back so that the front can be all diaper. Because that's where fluids come out, particularly for us guys. I don't think I'd be able to use the product as-is without consistently wetting it instead of the diaper.

What I envision here is a one-piece product that goes in back:

View attachment 25743

(Yes, I drew that with crayons.)

You would place this over the back of the diaper, feed the elastic wings out through the slots, and tape them--without stretching them too much--to the loop material. The back of the diaper would then be supported by the wing slots. And then you've basically got yourself a bigger diaper. You just put it on. There are no extra bits to attach, and the actual diaper can rise to a reasonable level in front.

As an added bonus, the edges of the main triangular area might have elastic sewn into them so that they hug your curves a bit more. Or perhaps the entire thing--except for the material immediately around the wing slots, is made of a stretchy material. That could be really neat.

Anyway.

I love your general idea, but for adults who need quite a bit more length, I just think the frontal approach is a showstopper.

This is a good idea. It would also show off more of the front front side of the baby diaper (cuter).

Wearing a Luvs using my convertups now:

My thoughts:

- Well Made
- Very Fun!
- Still not very practical for someone my size, bladder capacity (probably most baby diapers only hold one slow wetting.)
- Velcro makes it easier to get a decent fit as you can adjust multiple times per wearing.
- Still feels like "thong diapers" if you like bulkiness, obviously this isn't magically going to make the diaper bigger and bulkier
- Like I said before, very fun to be able to try on different baby diapers without tearing the tabs off of another one or using duct tape

Slept in a Wet size 7 cruiser last night and it was great. Like I said, not practical (I didn't want to wet it again.) But very cute and comfy and fun!

Thanks for purchasing a ConvertUps and thanks for your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you've enjoyed the product. As you say, it is constrained by the size and absorbency of the selected baby diaper. They hold a lot, but clearly less than high absorbency much larger adult diapers. We recommend them for light to medium incontinence, or for heavy incontinence if you are able to change the diaper after significant use.

We will continue working through new design ideas and tweaks to make the product better and better as time goes on. Thanks to everyone for all the positive messages of support we have received.

ConvertUps

Do thay ship decreat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back