What's the biggest your stash has ever been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally have the house to myself so i've taken the opportunity to do a stock take.

For me the ideal nappy needs to have certain qualities:

stock.jpg

Full soft PLASTIC backing in white, preferably without logos
Plastic wings, not fabric or breathable mesh
Good padding that doesn't clump up or break up
Re sealable tapes

To me the absorbency isn't massivly important as i don't wet unless i'm really bursting when i'm out and need to go. I wear for comfort and the feeling of something between my legs more comfortable than my conformist boxers.

BabyToddler said:
Diapers, diapers and more diapers. :biggrin:

I for one would get a kick out of seeing the Diaper Fort you can build with 25 cases of diapers....

bambinod said:
I for one would get a kick out of seeing the Diaper Fort you can build with 25 cases of diapers....

Great idea. :biggrin:

I seem to have lost count.

Because I heat our home with wood, I will answer with a slightly more obscure geometric measure of my stash in terms of volume. In firewood terms, I have about two and a half cords of "snuggers" as we call them. (For you folks not firewood savvy, a cord is a stack of split firewood 4 feet by four feet by eight feet.) I have 2 closets and two linen closets devoted to storage.

As I use almost all brands, sizes and configurations of disposable diapers, pull-ups, belted protectors, boosters, pads and other incontinent products (many modified as boosters) in my day to day wear. There isn't a product that I don't/won't utilize.

Ok folks, get ready for the OCD part of the show.

My typical daytime/nighttime diaper configuration is typically the same if I am at home or traveling/driving long distances. It consists of layers of multiple diapers, pull-ups and modified boosters.

I use Clauss Titanium 8 1/2" shears (I own six pairs of these and highly recommend them) for all modifications and repurposing; (and as my Doe Bunny says) "....you have found ways to repurpose any commercially produced snugger in the most ingenious ways." Face it, for all practical purposes when you actually use a disposable diaper, typically 1/2 of it is not wet when you change. I shear off the used (wet) portion(s) and repurpose the remnant as a booster pad or insert.

My typical diaper system consists of at least 2 (NEW) briefs and 2 (New) pull-up. One comfortable brief (adult taped or velcro tabbed diaper) and one comfortable pull-up (adult disposable underwear) is left complete as manufactured, the others modified as boosters.

The second brief is modified by removing all surrounding plastic or cloth-like plastic on the outer edges of the fill/padding. I make no cuts or slits that would allow urine to pass through. This entire booster/liner is placed over the absorbent padding area of the main diaper, covering it entirely.

The first pull-up is left as manufactured with the exception of making slits over the entire outer surface of the padded area. The second pull up (typically a smaller size than I usually wear) is modified by cutting away the sides but leaving an intact 1 1/2" to 2" belt. V shaped slits are made with the shears about 1" apart over the entire outer surface to allow urine to pass through to the next layer.

Portions of my unused diaper remnants are edged, v-slitted and placed in successive layers (usually 2 layer or diaper thicknesses) over the first complete liner. The top layer is a complete 1/2 brief that has been edged and slitted.

After I secure the side tapes or tabs, I pull on up to 4 cotton briefs and a pair of plastic pants.

When I dress to go to the post office or into town, I use 3-4 pull-ups, one cotton brief and a pair of plastic pants under my jeans or pants, and usually go undetected.

Last edited:
I think my current stash is the largest it's ever been.

It goes like this. I currently have:

4 packs of Well Beginnings MLP pull-ups (4T-5T; one pack is the newer stretchier redesign)
1 pack each of Well Beginnings MLP Pull-ups (Old style; 2T-3T Pinkie and 3T-4T Twilight)
1 pack of Pampers Baby Dry Size 6
1 pack of Pampers Cruisers Size 6
1 pack of Pampers Easy Ups Girls 4T-5T (or Size 6; same thing)
1 pack of Pampers Splashers 3T-4T
1 pack Walgreens Boys Sleep Pants L-XL
1 pack of Goodnights Girls L-XL (2007 design)

Plus I have numerous packs of diapers including but not limited to:

-Pull-ups with Learning Designs Girls 4T-5T
-Pull-ups with Cool Alert Girls 4T-5T
-Pampers Easy Ups Size 6 (before they changed the sizing again)
-Huggies Ultratrim with Gigglastic Waistband Size 6
-Huggies Ultratrim Size 6
-Huggies Snug & Dry Size 6 (various packs)
-Huggies Overnights Size 6 (older Mickey Mouse design)
-Huggies Supreme Size 6 (pre-Little Movers)
-Huggies Little Movers Size 6
-Pampers Baby Dry Size 6 (both non-adjustable and later Caterpillar Stretch)
-Pampers Crusiers Size 7 (the first release)
-Luvs Size 6 (The last with Blues Clues)
-Luvs Size 6 with Heavy Doody Protection

And various loose diapers from said packs including 9 plastic backed Huggies Size 5 and some Pull-ups with Wetness Liner Girls 4T-5T.

A few weeks ago I've added to this hoard 15 loose 4T-5T Girls Princess Pets Pull-Ups with Learning Designs (which is down to 13 because… reasons).

A few hundred at a time is the max for me. Perhaps 4 large boxes/cases worth whatever that comes out to. I keep them sealed up in the garage or in the storage unit. Note that I'm in my 30s and live in my own home with my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back