Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ABDL Feature Film "We, Infantilists."

Default ABDL Feature Film "We, Infantilists."

So as you may have noticed on another thread, I'm going to make an independent ABDL film, because I think it will be an important milestone for our community, to try to right misconceptions and maybe as support for future generations. I know a project like this has to be threaded on carefully, but I'm set on doing this film and starting with a good script.

This is the plot of the film so far:

"Andrew comes from a very conservative family. Matthew comes from a liberal one. Both of them have one thing in common: They are infantilists. As Matthew grows up with understanding friends, embracing his liking of diapers, in a good family that supports him... Andrew lives in fear and rejection of himself. One day, they find each other in the internet and decide to meet up. Matthew learns the struggles of Andrew to come to terms with his infantilism, so, in a series of events, it will be up to Matthew to teach Andrew how to accept himself and embrace who he is..."

Do you like it? Any comments?

I like the concept. It will require some good actors to pull it off.

My concerns would be how you are defining conservative/liberal and whether you make it too stereotypical, bashing on the conservative (are they religiously concervative?) family. If you focus on religion, make both families religious. Are "liberal" families really more accepting of children with this fetish? Seems like you might want to do some research on this site with some polls or threads about the role family upbringing plays in the ease/difficulty we have accepting this in ourselves. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    I like the concept. It will require some good actors to pull it off.

My concerns would be how you are defining conservative/liberal and whether you make it too stereotypical, bashing on the conservative (are they religiously concervative?) family. If you focus on religion, make both families religious. Are "liberal" families really more accepting of children with this fetish? Seems like you might want to do some research on this site with some polls or threads about the role family upbringing plays in the ease/difficulty we have accepting this in ourselves. Good luck!
    Thank you, I'm glad you like the concept. I was not thinking in getting into religion at all, more like "open mindness". I still have to start crafting the first draft but this is a project I really feel passionate about! Thanks for the support!

I like the idea as well, and agree with Gardener! I have a suggestion of my own.

I think it may be a good idea to have one of the characters be an AB, while the other is just DL. The difference can be emphasized between a conversation they have. I say this because ABDL is almost always grouped together when it is mentioned in the "mainstream". Which is fine and understandable. But it's a personal gripe when people assume that being a DL automatically means you're an AB. The two, while similar, do have vast differences. Every single "outsider" that I have mentioned my DL side to, has assumed that I'm also an Adult Baby, and I think it's partly because they're seemingly ALWAYS considered one whenever AB/DL is mentioned. You could even do vice versa, and show that just because one is an AB, does NOT mean that they find diapers sexual, and thus are not a DL.

I don't know, it's just something I'd like to see finally be emphasized in ABDL media because it's frustrating to me when I see it portrayed as one not existing without the other. If that detracts from the point of your film, I can understand if you do not choose to do that. I realize your working title is "We, Infantilists" which obviously highlights the AB side of things. Just something to consider!

I like JohnApple's advice. Also, emphasize that AB/DLs are not pedophiles. Get rid of as many stereotypes as you can.

Thanks guys, it is a good advice! I was planning to both be AB, however, I was planning on making Matthew gay to show that it can affect any orientation, while Andrew is straight. Maybe Matthew's boyfriend can be a plain DL. Thank for the advice!

And yes, don't worry, I will make it clear we're not pedophiles!

How long will the film run? Length governs how much you can say. I wonder if you've ever seen the 1970s film, "The Boys In the Band"? I suppose by now it's very dated as it has the 1970 perspective as to how gay people dealt with not being accepted by society. They had an hour and a half to play with, which allows one to develop characters and plot line.

I think your idea is a start, but on the surface, it sounds somewhat simplistic. When I was discovered by my mom, there was no acceptance and I had to see a psychiatrist, but this was 1970. Now, people are a little more open minded, but not so much concerning infantalism. Most people don't even know what it is. You've seen the angst so many of our younger members go through, trying to find self acceptance. I think that's what you should visit.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    How long will the film run? Length governs how much you can say. I wonder if you've ever seen the 1970s film, "The Boys In the Band"? I suppose by now it's very dated as it has the 1970 perspective as to how gay people dealt with not being accepted by society. They had an hour and a half to play with, which allows one to develop characters and plot line.

I think your idea is a start, but on the surface, it sounds somewhat simplistic. When I was discovered by my mom, there was no acceptance and I had to see a psychiatrist, but this was 1970. Now, people are a little more open minded, but not so much concerning infantalism. Most people don't even know what it is. You've seen the angst so many of our younger members go through, trying to find self acceptance. I think that's what you should visit.
    The movie will run from 90 to 120 minutes

I like the general concept, however, it is a basic idea. For the film to work, it's going to have to have REALLY well developed characters that people who aren't ABDLs can relate to. I know it's got a lot to do with ABDL, but also make sure that you showcase other problems that they're going through and other areas of interest for the film to focus on.

You're also going to need a seriously talented screen writer for this one.