Maybe they're not that bad after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

theb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey guys, so I'm diapered on a budget and can't afford to have premium adult diapers, so I resort to using Depends. I know the stigma they have associated with them that they're not the greatest on the planet, I get that, BUT, I have found a way to make them last. I bought a pack if the Depend Adjustable Underware and the Maximum Protections and hid them in my room. I found out that tripling them up works like a charm. I use two Adjustable Underwares and sandwich a Maximum Protection between the two. I have tried peeing in every position imaginable and have had no leaks! This gives me the confidence to wear to school (community college) every day and not worry about leaks. Also, it isn't as bulky as it would seem. Like many others here, I don't flaunt my diapers, yet I don't go above and beyond to hide them. Usually I'll just wear jeans, a t-shrt, and a sweatshirt to class and no one is the wiser. They hold a decent amount of wettings too. I just have one question for you all: at what point would it be smart to change after I wet? Like how long would it take for me to start to smell and be noticeable to my classmates? Because that's the last thing I want to happen!

I am not sure what your costs are but how is wearing 3 Depends at once cheaper than a decent diaper?

I used to use 3 at a time. They don't leak unless you soak them.

MasterPython said:
I am not sure what your costs are but how is wearing 3 Depends at once cheaper than a decent diaper?

lol i would agree hold on
1 of your depends is about 1.05$ ok so not bad but with 3 that 3.15$
one molicare super-plus is 1.76$ and you would only need one of those its more price easy to just buy a ok diaper

Aren't depends more line 50 cents per diaper? 3 of them for $1.50 though is a lot. That's the same as just getting a case of premium diapers.

ArchieRoni said:
Aren't depends more line 50 cents per diaper? 3 of them for $1.50 though is a lot. That's the same as just getting a case of premium diapers.
Nah, closer to $.75/diaper. Premium are still a better deal, at least in this situation.

Wow. I'm stupid haha. Sorry guys I should've read it over before I posted it. What I meant to say was that I can't afford premium diapers because I still live with my parents and can't afford to order them online, have them get delivered to the house, and have the parents find out what the random package for me was. So long story short, I can't afford to get caught buying them.

Hi theb -
You might also consider trying the Goodnites Tru-Fit insert pads inside the depends 'protection with tabs' diaper. Those insert pads act as incredible boosters, swelling insanely as you wet it, and are available everywhere, often with coupons. I really like the plastic of the depends, and with these pads inside, they hold enough for some good fun! Just an idea.

Good luck and have fun!
Andrew

I agree with Soaking Boy--a cheap but absorbent booster would stretch you supply of Depends. I have found the LUVS 6 to hold a lot and is even cheaper than Goodnites.

whats the difference between the depends protection with tabs from walmart vs depends maximum protection briefs on northshore care supply?? which one works best for using the goodnites insert pad??

- - - Updated - - -

11111.jpg3333333.jpg can somebody compare these 2 not sure what is what . thanks.

qwertyqwerty said:
whats the difference between the depends protection with tabs from walmart vs depends maximum protection briefs on northshore care supply?? which one works best for using the goodnites insert pad??

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 23871View attachment 23872 can somebody compare these 2 not sure what is what . thanks.

I've used both and they're the same diapers, just different packaging for some reason. I'm actually wearing a Protection with Tabs right now haha

As bad as depends are if you pair them with a tru-fit insert they do work very well but the small/medium inserts work better than the large/extra large because they are just slightly narrower they dont disturb the leak guards inside the diaper. Another thing that works good as a booster for depends is the always ultimate long pad but you have to cut little slits in the plastic backing of the pad so it can flow through into the diaper, it takes a bit longer to prepare the pad but is more comfortable and lasts longer in the long run. Hope this helps!

MasterPython said:

Maybe it's the upfront cost. I don't pee as much in adult diapers, so I don't really care if they leak or whatever, but when I buy them, I go for the cheapest pack.

qwertyqwerty said:

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 23871View attachment 23872 can somebody compare these 2 not sure what is what . thanks.

Looks the same. A few years ago, before the big retail purge they were also known as Depends Fitted Maximum Protection. It's all the same low capacity diaper but it does have a nice plastic shell and the three tapes to a side tend to provide a good fit, even if they often tear the backing when changing.

Trevor said:
Looks the same. A few years ago, before the big retail purge they were also known as Depends Fitted Maximum Protection. It's all the same low capacity diaper but it does have a nice plastic shell and the three tapes to a side tend to provide a good fit, even if they often tear the backing when changing.

I didn't even know that Depend had changed their name. I remember getting the Fitted Maximum Protection ones. I know that the Depends are nicer to have around when you go through a purge cycle. Don't loose a ton of money.

Often repeated advice.... The ups stores as well as similar retail mail stores can hold packages and mail for you without the risk of embarrassment by others.

frodo said:
Often repeated advice.... The ups stores as well as similar retail mail stores can hold packages and mail for you without the risk of embarrassment by others.

I appreciate the advice, but that wouldn't work for me since my mom reads my credit card statement daily to see what I have been buying I know, it sucks.

theb said:
I appreciate the advice, but that wouldn't work for me since my mom reads my credit card statement daily to see what I have been buying I know, it sucks.

Can you put money on a Visa / MasterCard / etc. Giftcard? You can use those online like a credit card, and there's no bill to look at.

Mattew said:
Can you put money on a Visa / MasterCard / etc. Giftcard? You can use those online like a credit card, and there's no bill to look at.

You can get these or similar pretty easily at banks or even some retail stores, so this may be a good idea to look into. My grandparents have on multiple occasions gotten me Visa gift cards through their bank, and they work just like a credit card would online. You just need to register the card first. This is different for different cards, but generally includes a billing zip code or address for transaction verification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back