diversity board at university

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyger said:
I think I will get some response out of it. I guess I am mostly curious how accepting my culture is around here, even though I already have a really good idea. It is partially an experiment. It would also be fun to see some reactions.

If your referring to furries I'm also one the reactions are about 50/50 some don't mind it others are freaked out by it lol I guess mlp fans are more accepting of strange stuff XD

Tyger said:
Lol, yeah, our powers are way the heck cooler. Dang, you really did that? That is some guts. Too bad it went bad, yeah, i'm not going to go that far. I will have an easy out, because there won't be any personal info. I think it would be really interesting to see what becomes of it.

Haha...no, I didn't do that. Liberty U. has so much security I would have never gotten into the center, and I don't think they would have been very gentle, throwing me out. I've actually played a wedding at Thomas Road Baptist Church, the begetter of Liberty U.

I think it would be an interesting idea. Diversity takes all sorts of different forms. ABDL can definitely be an identity (I believe specifically is an identity in your case, Tyger) so I don't see a problem with posting it there. A few people might even learn something.

I am not a fan of most of the educational links though, sadly. Understanding infantilism is probably the best, but it spends too much time trying to justify itself, I think. That makes it less than ideal for a lay audience because it sort of automatically puts the reader in the mindset that this might be wrong and they need to be convinced otherwise. The wikipedia article might be your best bet, to be honest, though it's really too clinical and relates to too many other things. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilic_infantilism

Edit: Man I can't even recommend the wikipedia one. I don't like all the associations with it. Maybe if you post something, just write your own short explanation. Just one paragraph about wanting to feel like a very little child, including up to wearing diapers. Something like that.

ArchieRoni said:
I think it would be an interesting idea. Diversity takes all sorts of different forms. ABDL can definitely be an identity (I believe specifically is an identity in your case, Tyger) so I don't see a problem with posting it there. A few people might even learn something.

I am not a fan of most of the educational links though, sadly. Understanding infantilism is probably the best, but it spends too much time trying to justify itself, I think. That makes it less than ideal for a lay audience because it sort of automatically puts the reader in the mindset that this might be wrong and they need to be convinced otherwise. The wikipedia article might be your best bet, to be honest, though it's really too clinical and relates to too many other things. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilic_infantilism

Edit: Man I can't even recommend the wikipedia one. I don't like all the associations with it. Maybe if you post something, just write your own short explanation. Just one paragraph about wanting to feel like a very little child, including up to wearing diapers. Something like that.

Yeah, for me it is largely a lifestyle, so I feel like it is an attribute of diversity. I am not a big fan of the wiki either, it is kinda negative sounding. Paraphilic_Infantilism would be nice to have re-defined so it wouldn't sound so scary.

Tyger said:
Yeah, for me it is largely a lifestyle, so I feel like it is an attribute of diversity. I am not a big fan of the wiki either, it is kinda negative sounding. Paraphilic_Infantilism would be nice to have re-defined so it wouldn't sound so scary.

You won't get that on Wikipedia because they're sticklers for Encyclopedic tone. From a scholarly standpoint, it is a psychological abnormality that has mostly been discussed in graduate papers, so that's how it's going to be written about on Wikipedia. My complaint is that none of the support sites actually provide a good lay introduction. They're too focused on either empowering ABDLs or providing an explanation for somebody that already on the defensive. In many cases, in an attempt to be thorough, they also go further than I'd really like rather than separating things out. For example, I really wish that understanding infantilism didn't list out all possible ABDL behaviors on a single page because I think it creates the impression that someone who is ABDL may be doing all those things, when in reality most of us only do some of them or only very infrequently.

Anyway, my suggestion is to just throw the term up there with a short description that you feel best captures your own take on the lifestyle and then anybody that wants to google will google and find what they find. Also, double check to make sure that your university isn't posted here anywhere public just so people don't figure out who you are.

Well I did it, now I'll wait and see, it will only be up till the end of the week I think. I fifty have a lot of space to write, but I got what I needed to in there.

Tyger said:
Well I did it, now I'll wait and see, it will only be up till the end of the week I think. I fifty have a lot of space to write, but I got what I needed to in there.

Yay! keep us informed on what happens :3

Paddedwolf said:
Yay! keep us informed on what happens :3

Will do, here is what I wrote. I blotted out the email, so I didn't help people get an idea of where I am from. The address includes my school name. It is a throw away though.

There were 3 other boards too, this is the corner of one of them.
20150325_102625.jpg

Tyger said:
I'm really tempted to write on the diversity board and see what reactions I get. I would post a throw away email and a short url to the "what is true infantilism" article. With a statement simply saying "I am an adult baby" http://goo.gl/SA7nqt

So long as nobody saw me write it, nobody would ever know who it was.

well people most prob would prob not care i find most mature smart or just kind people dont care much some might want to know more if its a university people might want to know more about it

i would say do it you never know you might make a friend or 2 and its not like people will all know its you (as long as your careful)

- - - Updated - - -

you just made my day :smile1: that made me laugh so hard :laugh: you just made my list of awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
babysnow said:
i would say do it you never know you might make a friend or 2 and its not like people will all know its you (as long as your careful)

- - - Updated - - -

you just made my day :smile1: that made me laugh so hard :laugh: you just made my list of awesome

Yay! I'm happy to make somebodies day.

Maxx said:
Probably a bad or no reaction since we're not one of the liberal-approved victim classes.

Wow, I agree with the first half of your sentence, but so much smug in the second half I think I'm suffocating.

- - - Updated - - -

dogboy said:
Well, I showed up at Liberty U. this morning as Ted Cruz was announcing his presidential run. I was dressed in my diaper and Donald Duck onsie, so I shouted, "Look at me Ted. I'm an adult baby," and he got all pissy and said if he was president he would outlaw being an adult baby even before he got around to making abortion illegal.

I thought he would have said, "Senator Vitter, please, now is not the time, I forced all these students to be here under threat of being fined. Go take a nap."

Remember, the muggles will never understand our incredible magic. We can change ourselves into toddlers and infants. All they can do is change themselves into adults and be boring.

Be nice to the muggles, we still have to live among them.

- - - Updated - - -

ArchieRoni said:

I attended a presentation at TeddyCon last October with BitterGrey (such a nice person!) and he said something to the effect of the established psych community really working to marginalize his research while offering nothing of their own except for the same misguided standard that's been around since the 1950's. That includes working feverishly to get his data yanked from Wikipedia. Even he doesn't recommend any links from Wiki on the subject.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see how this turns out.

MattiKins said:
I attended a presentation at TeddyCon last October with BitterGrey (such a nice person!) and he said something to the effect of the established psych community really working to marginalize his research while offering nothing of their own except for the same misguided standard that's been around since the 1950's. That includes working feverishly to get his data yanked from Wikipedia. Even he doesn't recommend any links from Wiki on the subject.

There is, unfortunately, a pretty good argument for pulling his stuff from Wikipedia. It's got a rule that there shouldn't be original research on there, and its source policy favors established institutional publications and peer-reviewed journals. BitterGrey's stuff is, as a point of fact, really well done, but Wikipedia isn't in the business of checking that. If BitterGrey wants his research to stick better on Wiki, the best way to do that is to get other publications to write about and use his research, as that establishes it better as a reliable source.

MattiKins said:
I thought he would have said, "Senator Vitter, please, now is not the time, I forced all these students to be here under threat of being fined. Go take a nap."
Be nice to the muggles, we still have to live among them.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't tell you how many muggles I've turned into little, squalling babies. "Babbus, Dipus, Regressomondo!"

dogboy said:
I can't tell you how many muggles I've turned into little, squalling babies. "Babbus, Dipus, Regressomondo!"

I'm gonna have to try that spell.

Tyger said:
I'm gonna have to try that spell.

Make sure you have a good wand, Dogboy is an expert and mine exploded into a pack of bambinos the first time I tried it.

ArchieRoni said:
Make sure you have a good wand, Dogboy is an expert and mine exploded into a pack of bambinos the first time I tried it.

The wand exploded, or the person you cast it on?

ArchieRoni said:
There is, unfortunately, a pretty good argument for pulling his stuff from Wikipedia. It's got a rule that there shouldn't be original research on there, and its source policy favors established institutional publications and peer-reviewed journals. BitterGrey's stuff is, as a point of fact, really well done, but Wikipedia isn't in the business of checking that. If BitterGrey wants his research to stick better on Wiki, the best way to do that is to get other publications to write about and use his research, as that establishes it better as a reliable source.

He didn't submit it himself.

As an update, since it is Friday, I haven't had anybody email me out of the blue about my writing on the board, I think nothing will become of my rebel ways.

Tyger said:
As an update, since it is Friday, I haven't had anybody email me out of the blue about my writing on the board, I think nothing will become of my rebel ways.

Yea tbh, this is prob going to take some time if it is read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back