snuggies diapers web page changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
quartz200420012 said:
If I remember right, the entire Snuggies idea was conceived around fake ads that had men in them. Oh well.

Snuggies isn't even an original name, it was used in the Bronx section of New York as far back 80's according to a book of slang from that era.

EDIT: found the definition

Snuggie /sn-uh-gy/ Noun
Altarnate name for a disposable diaper, believed to have originated in the Bronx section of New York in the early 1980's. Plural: Snuggies.
"The baby was wearing a snuggie and tee shirt in front of the apartment".

So there, it's over thirty years old and is Bronx slang.

mk1rage said:
I just though it odd that he felt the need to address everyone who was bothered by the photos, hence why I thought he may be with the company that's all

That's because those people suck and need a good lecturing.

He (Mattikins) more or less mentioned that their product sucks. If he is working for Snuggies, he should probably be fired.

Last edited:
MarcusBear said:
That's because those people suck and need a good lecturing.

He (Mattikins) more or less mentioned that their product sucks. If he is working for Snuggies he should probably be fired.

those people dont suck their opinions just differ from yours

try to remain respectful plz

mk1rage said:
are you affiliated for the company or something? you seem really defensive we are just expressing our opinions

No, but if they're hiring, I can do great PR.

My comment towards you wasn't defensive at all, there really are tons of sites where you can see attractive women in diapers. One company using bearish guys as models and it's terrible?

- - - Updated - - -

mk1rage said:
I just though it odd that he felt the need to address everyone who was bothered by the photos, hence why I thought he may be with the company that's all

I recently returned from a long break from the forum, and this post was a few weeks old. I was actually looking to see if anybody had tried out the Rearz diapers, before I posted my own review. When I saw this thread, I looked into it, and I probably should have skipped it because I knew what I was going to find- a lot of body shaming.

As a bigger guy myself, I found some of the comments to be quite bigoted and denigrating towards people whose only crime was not looking like the models that they wanted to see. That is why I was defensive towards those commenters, not because I really liked Snuggies diapers. As someone mentioned, I'm not really a fan of that product, it needs some tweaking.

- - - Updated - - -

mk1rage said:
those people dont suck their opinions just differ from yours

try to remain respectful plz

I don't begrudge anyone their preference or aesthetic, but is it respectful to be "terrified" of larger men? Is it respectful to say "not every ABDL is middle-aged, hairy, and obese" and make those of us who are feel ashamed by the implication? Is it respectful to refer to the models as 'sasquatchean'?

Respect is a two way street and I felt personally disrespected by many of the comments I responded to.

ive got nothing against hairy fat guys (i happen to be one unfortunately) but lets face it we make crumby models lol

I just think they should use decent looking models of both sexes, but i totally understand your position

naturally what is considered decent looking is subjective but there is sort of standard for models

mk1rage said:
ive got nothing against hairy fat guys (i happen to be one unfortunately) but lets face it we make crumby models lol

I just think they should use decent looking models of both sexes, but i totally understand your position

I think we make great models. It all depends on how the model is photographed. Also, sure, personal taste is subjective. I happen to find chubby guys attractive in general. It's really hard to find good, artistic pictures of larger men in diapers or other littles gear. There's just not a huge demand for it. I liked the Snuggies ads (way more than their actual product) because I found the men handsome and I liked the photograph/photoshop work.

I see models on other sites and while I'm like, eh, I wouldn't ever say shitty things about their body type or other aspect of their appearance. I'd just not look at the model if they didn't appeal to me.

Also- Volkswagen guy or Mortal Kombat?

mk1rage said:

I guess I'm not seeing it. I see one guy that I would definitely call husky? Maybe chubby. He also happens to have the most hair of any of them. I recall a side view pic of a heavy guy but I don't see it now. There are no skinny guys but the rest are of normal proportions and less hairy than I would say is average. How many models should they have? What should their sex distribution be? I'm still not sure this is a knockout presentation but I'm pretty surprised that there's this much angst about how awful it is. On Twitter, they responded that they attempted to get a fursuiter pic but their model didn't show. If they get one, will that be a whole new can of worms? It seems pretty petty.

I will say this about Snuggies diapers. I really do like the print, it's very cute and its gender neutral. Furthermore, the low rise and contour of the diaper fits the female form really well. I've seen pictures on Tumblr and other sites of women wearing them, women of all sizes, and I think they look great on them. I think they could make a lot of money marketing to women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back