BritneyShagwell

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
Well, the title pretty much says it all... This topic is not for the faint of heart :) I will try not to be needlessly graphic, but I will be explicit, as I want help and advice!

"Never trust a fart", a "used to funny" quote from The Bucket List...

Around seven years ago, I had hemorrhoid surgery. The recovery process was one of the most painful periods in my life, and I was left with a "compromised" sphincter... In addition to being significantly weakened, it's also de-sensitized, meaning I am no longer able to always tell the difference between on oncoming fart and messing myself.

Not to mention absolutely unavoidable "sharting" occasionally when I cough or sneeze.

Due to my stupidity, I continued the behavior/habits that caused my hemorrhoids in the first place, so now I have them again, but at least to a lesser degree. My current doctor assures me that as long as I stay on top of my "condition", surgery will not be required.

While I have NO desire to go through that again, I have now lost count of the pairs of underwear I have ruined. I've had three "accidents" in the past two years where I inadvertently messed myself so badly that I had to buy new pants and underwear on the spot, despite protective "incontinence pads".

My doctor insists that the pads "should" be enough. After the third public incident, I politely disagreed, and began with diapers. I don't REALLY need more than pads at home, except when I sleep, but I am a DL, so changing out of diapers for four-eight hours, only to change back into them seems a little silly, so I've just embraced diapers.

So, to my question... Occasionally, my hemorrhoids prolapse. I'm told this is "normal", and they ordinarily recede in an hour or two. They are only mildy uncomfortable. My problem is CLEANING. When it happens at home, I just jump in the shower. A warm shower actually speeds in their receding... Unfortunately, it doesn't always happen at home. When it happens outside the home, and I have to clean myself, I sometimes go through half of a pack of wipes before I stop seeing brown streaks.

On occasion, I have done a less than stellar job cleaning, and as expected, that makes things worse. So now I spend sometimes fifteen minutes just wiping myself. There has to be a better way. I've read that you can actually push the prolapsed hemorrhoid back inside, but that you shouldn't if it normally recedes on it's own, as mine do.

Any thoughts? Any tips or tricks for better/more efficiently cleaning prolapsed hemorrhoids?

P.S. I have changed my diet and BM habits as per doctor's guidance, but the problem remains. It's just not getting worse, which is all I can hope for at this point. My doctor is of the opinion that if it doesn't get SIGNIFICANTLY worse, I shouldn't worry about it. This is my new "normal".

Last edited:
Unfortunately I've been there done that too. In fact I had to endure three hemorrhoidal surgeries! My personal thoughts on this is I'd much rather get rid of an ongoing and constant level of pain- even if this means enduring even more pain for a short period of time.

When I had them I also experienced everything you've mentioned. And I did manually push them back in. Not only did this aid in cleaning up, but I found it made them bleed and hurt a lot less too.

And ps. Yeah the hemorrhoid surgery hurt, but those were not really that bad like you said. On the 1-10 pain scale right after the surgery was hardly a 6 (good pain meds), with most the the recovery spent as an 8 and decreased over a couple of months. They had nothing compared to what I went through when I almost lost my leg due to a bad car wreck. This is a level I hope most people never experience.

Slomo said:
Unfortunately I've been there done that too. In fact I had to endure three hemorrhoidal surgeries! My personal thoughts on this is I'd much rather get rid of an ongoing and constant level of pain- even if this means enduring even more pain for a short period of time.

When I had them I also experienced everything you've mentioned. And I did manually push them back in. Not only did this aid in cleaning up, but I found it made them bleed and hurt a lot less too.

And ps. Yeah the hemorrhoid surgery hurt, but those were not really that bad like you said. On the 1-10 pain scale right after the surgery was hardly a 6 (good pain meds), with most the the recovery spent as an 8 and decreased over a couple of months. They had nothing compared to what I went through when I almost lost my leg due to a bad car wreck. This is a level I hope most people never experience.

I appreciate your comment! I'd always thought you weren't supposed to push them back inside if they receded by themselves... I'll give it a try.

Pain is relative... You never know what a '10" is until you experience it for yourself. I've never (almost) lost a limb, but even so the surgery wan't a "10" for me, anyway... It's the psychological effect. The pain isn't constant, but you know it's coming. When it comes, you don't know exactly how bad and/or how long it's going to be. You just know it's going to hurt, and hurt a LOT, and there's nothing you can do about it :)

When I was younger, I thought a "10" was when I cracked a tooth over the weekend, and couldn't get to a dentist for two and a half days...

Later, I broke two metacarples (hand bones), and the doctor put in a temporary rod. When it came time to pull it out, it got stuck. With no anesthesia, he just kept yanking and twisting, finally ripping it free, trailing gristle. I thought THAT was a "10"...

THEN I had hemorrhoid surgery. My hemorrhoids themselves were far worse than they are now, but even then, I'd put the constant/recurring pain at only a 5-6... AFTER the surgery, I found a new "10" during the recovery.

That lasted until I had a UTI that lasted over four weeks, thanks to my Doctor/insurance being too CHEAP to test which antibiotics would work. With the right antibiotic, I was pain-free in three days. Without it, I was in agony. Of course, as many know, part of the treatment is to drink LOTS of liquids to help "flush out" the infection. Unfortunately, if the infection is not actually getting any better, what you're doing is basically repeatedly pouring salt in an open wound, voluntarily, and at high volume. Several times, I almost passed out on the toilet. It made me dizzy and sometimes blurred my vision. The pain was so bad that I saw spots, and threw up twice. A few times, I peed what looked like almost pure blood. That's my new "10" for now.

I'm sure that there will be somebody that has had a UTI and also something that was, to them, much worse, like kidney/gall stones, or a traumatic injury like yours. My brother has scoliosis, and his spinal cord gets inflamed sometimes, and can get pinched between two vertebrae... That's HIS "10".

Of course, people with "real" pain, chronic pain, like cancer sufferers absolutely laugh at my idea of what a "10" is... That's not the point.

Compared to all that, my current hemorrhoid problem barely even rates a "2". 85% of the time it's a "0"... It's mostly just an annoyance. I'm in no hurry to embrace two-three months of 6's, 7's and 8's, even if it's not the absolute worst pain I've felt.

Right now, pain/discomfort isn't even really the issue... It's just how to minimize the hassle :). Besides, it's not like i have much choice. Since my doctor doesn't deem it "medically necessary ", I'd have to pay thousands out of pocket for "elective surgery ". My insurance would not cover.

Last edited:
I totally understand. My car wreck also left me with a constant 4 pain in both knees (blew out all the ligaments). There isn't crap that can be done for it until my now moderate arthritis becomes severe and they will replace the joints (I have bone on bone grinding now so it likely won't be but a few more years). My point is that I've just learned to accept it as a sort of constant background noise. So have you it seems.

It does kind of grate me wrong when I hear someone say they have a high pain scale, but clearly don't though. It's almost like they are unknowingly minimizing and undervaluing the pain I've gone through, which is a direct insult regardless.

Plus, when I tell a doctor I have a level seven pain and need oxycodone for it, that doctor usually just looks at me like I'm a stoner looking for a high. Nope, I just know what a real level seven pain is. And everyone else before me that came stolling in and nonchantly mentioned a level seven pain was ok for them, they are the ones that have ruined the whole scale system to begin with.

I know I shouldn't get mad at them for it though. If anything I should count them really lucky for still being able to be ignorant in this one area. Sometimes I can't help it though. After all, pain has been known to drive a person to it.

Slomo said:
I totally understand. My car wreck also left me with a constant 4 pain in both knees (blew out all the ligaments). There isn't crap that can be done for it until my now moderate arthritis becomes severe and they will replace the joints (I have bone on bone grinding now so it likely won't be but a few more years). My point is that I've just learned to accept it as a sort of constant background noise. So have you it seems.

I get it... If I'd never had the surgery or a severe UTI, I'd probably be whining about the pain in my ass :) But I know how much worse it can get, and this is nothing. I'm not bragging, or being "macho", it's just really not all that bad. Both my knees degenerated so slowly that I didn't even notice until all of the cartilage was gone on the left knee, and 75% gone on the right one. Gaining 75lbs in three years didn't help, neither did moving into a third-floor apartment... It's amazing what you get used to. Most days I don't notice my right knee at all... With my left, I have just trained myself to not move/use it in ways that hurt. Most days, it's a 2-3. If I screw up, and/or abuse it, it gets to about a 6. Ice packs and/or warm baths help... Motrin helps... Unfortunately, by constantly favoring my left knee, I'm rapidly wearing out my right hip. Some days I barely make it up the stairs. It's not so much the pain, I just .... can't.

Doctor wants to do a knee replacement on the left, but he wants me to lose 20 kilos first. He says the hip is still salvageable, if I'll let him fix the knee. About halfway there, so I guess we'll see...

I truly understand your complaints about pain. I fight chronic cluster headaches, and when one of those hits above a 9 for me, it's a trip to the hospital for Dilaudid, morphine, Demerol, whatever their flavor of the day for pain medication is. Pain is a highly subjective thing, but there are some things that do show up with it that can show just where your pain scale lies relative to everyone else. Blood pressure is one effect of high pain levels that cannot be faked. Go in to the hospital with a BP of 230/150 from pain and you will IMMEDIATELY get the attention of everyone there. Of course, once they get the pain controlled and it drops back to the normal 110/70, they're amazed at just how nasty your pain was.

From there, having physical therapy where they put the TENS stimulator on your body is fun to watch them with their mouth hanging open when the normal level for general population is 20-25 and you're well above 40 before you say anything about it.

Yes, I understand nasty pain. At one point I was taking 120mg of Oxycontin 3X/day (yes, 360mg/day) in addition to sucking on two or three Fentanyl lollipops per day to help control the pain. I broke an ankle and walked on it for four hours before I decided I probably needed to see the doctor about it, because it wasn't that painful compared to everything else.

AnalogRTO said:
I truly understand your complaints about pain. I fight chronic cluster headaches, and when one of those hits above a 9 for me, it's a trip to the hospital for Dilaudid, morphine, Demerol, whatever their flavor of the day for pain medication is. Pain is a highly subjective thing, but there are some things that do show up with it that can show just where your pain scale lies relative to everyone else. Blood pressure is one effect of high pain levels that cannot be faked. Go in to the hospital with a BP of 230/150 from pain and you will IMMEDIATELY get the attention of everyone there. Of course, once they get the pain controlled and it drops back to the normal 110/70, they're amazed at just how nasty your pain was..

Cluster headaches... You have my sympathy. I had a schoolmate with that, and it was positively excrutiating. They weren't constant, but they were unpredictable and terrifying. I've never felt more helpless as when I saw her have an attack. Same way I felt watching my uncle dying of emphysema, fighting to breathe with 20% of a single lung left, kidneys shot, liver gone, 6ft tall and 75lbs when he finally passed... Same way when my wife had debilitating panic attacks that it turned out were physically caused by a node of her stomach bulging intermittently against her heart, but we (and her doctors) didn't find that out for YEARS... Between 10-20 panic attacks per week for about three years, what fun! Every one feeling like a life-threatening heart attack, and she's a nurse... At least five different doctors informed her with unshakeable certainty that it was "all in her head", and she just needed to learn to relax...

Lol, yeah the tens unit. I've always had to dial mine up as well. It's funny when they turn it on to a 5, 10 or 15 and I can't even feel it. The theralists always want to readjust it before they will listen to me and increase the level.

And ah the days when motrin worked on me too. Over the years I've had to slowly up the potency of what works for me due to my body adapting ti the pain meds. I now have to take oxycodone for even a spained ankel because the usual stuff can't even make a dent in it anymore.

Slomo said:
And ah the days when motrin worked on me too.

And ah the days when you asked a question on a forum and somone actually tried to answer it, instead of turning your thread into an "all about them" epic story... I remember those days.

I've tried to be accomodating, but this has just gotten ridiculous. NOTHING after your first post has anything to do with this topic... I wonder how MY thread about MY problem keeping MY hemorrhoids clean became all about a testament to your oh-so-brag-worthy tolerance for pain...

So to recap... The ONE thing that REALLY bothers you is people somehow "minimizing and devaluing" YOUR pain, which you somehow interpret as a "direct insult", even though you know,by your own admission, that they are in fact NOT TALKING TO YOU OR ABOUT YOU... And your knee-jerk response is to horn in on their topic and minimize and devalue THEIR pain... What, in a tit-for-tat...? But they actually weren't insulting you at all. They weren't even talking about you and your pain. But now you're talking to and about THEM and their pain... Which actually IS a "direct insult". Methinks I've found a fatal flaw in your logic.

Ironically, you're guilty of the EXACT behavior that you state bothers YOU so much. If it bothers you so much, how about you STOP DOING IT YOURSELF?

I guess "pain" is your trigger word... Whenever somebody mentions it, even in passing, you just have to chime in with, "Pain? That's not pain... I know pain, and that's nothing...". Because nothing shows compassion and understanding like telling somebody that they aren't actually suffering at all because YOU'VE suffered worse. It's really helpful. It's almost like you're KNOWINGLY minimizing and undervaluing the pain they've gone through, which is a direct insult.... But I know you'd never do that, because it would be rude and heartless, not to mention entirely HYPOCRITICAL of you..

The ONLY person minimizing or undervaluing somebody else's pain here is YOU, and you're doing it INTENTIONALLY. So, I guess it doesn't "grate you wrong" when YOU do it, directly and knowingly, only when somebody else does it entirely unintentionally...? Makes perfect sense.

This is a topic about HEMORRHOIDS. The clue is in the TITLE. It is NOT a topic about you or your pain. NOBODY is "minimizing" or "undervaluing" your pain IN ANY WAY, and nobody is insulting you, directly OR indirectly, knowingly or unknowingly. Nobody is even TALKING about pain, except for YOU. Nobody is COMPETING with you about how much pain they can handle... Well, except for maybe AnalogRTO, but certainly not ME.

Why don't you guys start a pain management thread of your own, and you can compare oxycodone dosages and TENS levels to your heart''s content..? I just want to know how to spend less than fifteen minutes wiping my ass when I have a prolapsed hemorrhoid, that's all. Thanks for the "help"!

Last edited:
BabyMoonFox said:
The only advice i can give on the subject of hemorrhoids and i have been prone to them ever since my first pregnancy is this...

Castor oil!!!

It is in my opinion a miracle cure while not over night works wonders!

When i get them i rub a little castor oil on at every diaper change and put a small gauze pad soaked in castor oil before bed. Usually within 2 days it is half it's size or a bit smaller. Mine are usually prolapsed, however would do the same thing if they were internal.

Hope this helps.

THANK you! The lady at the Apotheke (German Pharmacy) gave me a bewildered look when I asked for a whole bottle of the stuff... Usually, they refill dozens of small dosage bottles from the large bottle that I asked for :) I'll let you know how it works out!

FWIW, I was regularly plagued, thirty years ago, by hemorrhoids so painful that sometimes I was stuck lying on my back for days at a time. I was all set to get them surgically dealt with when a dear friend suggested that her chiropractor might be able to help me. Well, in fact the chiropractor helped me to heal in six visits over three weeks (my massaging lymph nodes in my upper chest region and my ear lobes, as I recall) and I cancelled my surgery plans. Once in a great while I have very minor hemorrhoid relapses but NOTHING like those episodes that I recall with horror thirty years ago. I'm indebted to that chiropractor for his help. May I also suggest you get in the habit of drinking plenty of water (think of the *benefits*! ;-) ) AND avoid junk foods and prepared foods?

CLPP said:
May I also suggest you get in the habit of drinking plenty of water (think of the *benefits*! ;-) ) AND avoid junk foods and prepared foods?
Already doing so, IAW my doctor's advice... Thank you, though :)

BritneyShagwell said:
And ah the days when you asked a question on a forum and somone actually tried to answer it, instead of turning your thread into an "all about them" epic story... I remember those days.

I've tried to be accomodating, but this has just gotten ridiculous. NOTHING after your first post has anything to do with this topic... I wonder how MY thread about MY problem keeping MY hemorrhoids clean became all about a testament to your oh-so-brag-worthy tolerance for pain...

So to recap... The ONE thing that REALLY bothers you is people somehow "minimizing and devaluing" YOUR pain, which you somehow interpret as a "direct insult", even though you know,by your own admission, that they are in fact NOT TALKING TO YOU OR ABOUT YOU... And your knee-jerk response is to horn in on their topic and minimize and devalue THEIR pain... What, in a tit-for-tat...? But they actually weren't insulting you at all. They weren't even talking about you and your pain. But now you're talking to and about THEM and their pain... Which actually IS a "direct insult". Methinks I've found a fatal flaw in your logic.

Ironically, you're guilty of the EXACT behavior that you state bothers YOU so much. If it bothers you so much, how about you STOP DOING IT YOURSELF?

I guess "pain" is your trigger word... Whenever somebody mentions it, even in passing, you just have to chime in with, "Pain? That's not pain... I know pain, and that's nothing...". Because nothing shows compassion and understanding like telling somebody that they aren't actually suffering at all because YOU'VE suffered worse. It's really helpful. It's almost like you're KNOWINGLY minimizing and undervaluing the pain they've gone through, which is a direct insult.... But I know you'd never do that, because it would be rude and heartless, not to mention entirely HYPOCRITICAL of you..

The ONLY person minimizing or undervaluing somebody else's pain here is YOU, and you're doing it INTENTIONALLY. So, I guess it doesn't "grate you wrong" when YOU do it, directly and knowingly, only when somebody else does it entirely unintentionally...? Makes perfect sense.

This is a topic about HEMORRHOIDS. The clue is in the TITLE. It is NOT a topic about you or your pain. NOBODY is "minimizing" or "undervaluing" your pain IN ANY WAY, and nobody is insulting you, directly OR indirectly, knowingly or unknowingly. Nobody is even TALKING about pain, except for YOU. Nobody is COMPETING with you about how much pain they can handle... Well, except for maybe AnalogRTO, but certainly not ME.

Why don't you guys start a pain management thread of your own, and you can compare oxycodone dosages and TENS levels to your heart''s content..? I just want to know how to spend less than fifteen minutes wiping my ass when I have a prolapsed hemorrhoid, that's all. Thanks for the "help"!

Maybe you missed the header title of this entire web site. It is a SUPPORT COMMUNITY. What better way of lending support than to help others realise they are not only not alone in their problems, but others have gone through it too- maybe even worse. Misery loves company after all. So yeah, it can be helpful.

And ps. I do believe I did already address your direct question, as well as offered some darn good advice too (not that anyone has to follow it).

Although you do make a good point. I did come off as minimising your pain level when all I was trying to do is note a better and more accurate reading for it. And for that I do apologise.

Yeah, I had a whole reply going, shredding all of your self-justifying BS, and then I remembered... You already admitted why you do what you do, and it sure as hell has NOTHING to do with being part of a "SUPPORT COMMUNITY".
Slomo said:
It does kind of grate me wrong when I hear someone say they have a high pain scale, but clearly don't though. It's almost like they are unknowingly minimizing and undervaluing the pain I've gone through, which is a direct insult regardless.

Plus, when I tell a doctor I have a level seven pain and need oxycodone for it, that doctor usually just looks at me like I'm a stoner looking for a high. Nope, I just know what a real level seven pain is. And everyone else before me that came stolling in and nonchantly mentioned a level seven pain was ok for them, they are the ones that have ruined the whole scale system to begin with.

I know I shouldn't get mad at them for it though. If anything I should count them really lucky for still being able to be ignorant in this one area. Sometimes I can't help it though. After all, pain has been known to drive a person to it.
You need professional help. When somebody posts about THEIR pain in an online forum, it has literally NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. In no way can you POSSIBLY interpret someone posting about THEIR pain as a "direct insult" to YOU, or ANY kind of insult to you AT ALL for that matter. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU...

Yeah. nothing screams "lending support" like telling somebody that THEIR pain "isn't that bad", YOUR pain is worse. That's such a relief, here I thought I was in agony, but "Slomo" says I'm just making things up... Acting like my pain is bad, when it's clearly not. What a RELIEF!!!! I feel better already! What would we do without Slomo????

Let's find out, shall we?

Absolutely NOBODY wants YOU to "note" a better and more accurate reading of THEIR pain. But you're not doing it for THEM, are you? You're doing it for YOU, to make sure they don't "minimize and undervalue" YOUR pain, when THEY AREN'T EVEN TALKING TO YOU OR ABOUT YOU. What a crock...

If YOU want to talk about pain, pain management, pain tolerance, pain meds, etc... Then make your own topic about it. Please don't pretend that you've hijacked MY topic to "lend support" to ME on an issue that I clearly have no interest in talking about and have NEVER asked about. "Pain" is clearly YOUR pet peeve/project, it is NOT mine.

I personally have NO INTEREST in comparing MY pain to anyone else's. That's YOUR "thing"... I am not seeking a "better and more accurate reading" of MY pain. If I was, I wouldn't ask a total stranger. I certainly did NOT ask YOU. You do not have the ABILITY to "accurately read" OTHER PEOPLE'S PAIN. If you think that you do, I repeat, YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP...
BritneyShagwell said:
On occasion, I have done a less than stellar job cleaning, and as expected, that makes things worse. So now I spend sometimes fifteen minutes just wiping myself. There has to be a better way. I've read that you can actually push the prolapsed hemorrhoid back inside, but that you shouldn't if it normally recedes on it's own, as mine do.

Any thoughts? Any tips or tricks for better/more efficiently cleaning prolapsed hemorrhoids?
That was the ONLY question I asked in my original post. I didn't ask for ANY input on "pain", and I sure didn't say, "Gee, I sure wish some random stranger would explain to me about MY pain and how I don't really understand it...". Or, "If only there was somebody, who doesn't know me, my current medical condition, or ANY of my medical history could just provide me a "better and more accurate reading" of my pain, I would be SO grateful!".

Thanks for the entirely half-ass "apology", complete with self-justification and partial denial. You didn't "come off" as minimizing my pain level. You flat-out DID minimize my pain level, and that was clearly your intent. Trying to color it after the fact as "lending support", when you've already made your true motive crystal clear, is more than a little insulting. Just admit what you did... Or don't, I don't really care. Just don't try and pretend that your motives had ANYTHING to do with "supporting" me, or anyone else besides YOU.

Please don't entertain for a single moment that ANYONE is buying your 'Support Community" BS... Certainly not ME.

Don't bother replying to this topic, or any of my other posts, for that matter. You have nothing more to say that I could possibly want to hear/read. Congrats! You're the newest addition to my /ignore list. I don't need judgemental jerks in my life that think they can project their issues onto me :)

And TRUST me... YOU do have "issues".

Last edited:
As someone who's lived with moderate to severe prolapsing hemorrhoids for several years, and who is avoiding surgery as long as possible, I offer the following - all of which I follow religiously:
1-A high fiber diet along with a daily probiotic ( I recommend Culterelle) supplements. The probiotic helps soften the stool.
2-A daily soapy water enema. I use a very gentle soap such as Dove or Ivory. This helps "liquify" everything so that there's less straining involved.
3- For cleanup I use Balneol, a personal cleanser specifically for use in sensitive areas like the rectum. It soothes and lubricates the hemorrhoids, making them easier to -gently- push back into place.
4- A tampon. It acts as a plug, keeping the hemorrhoids inside- which prevents bleeding, and it keeps things dry down there.

These steps have controlled my hemorrhoids well enough that I've avoided more drastic measures for over 10 years.

Pretty sure I have hemorrhoids ... it's actually not something I ever concern myself about. I think the only time I really freaked out a bit and this was about a few months ago was when I noticed sooo much blood, ehh even thinking about it makes me feel like I am about to have a panic attack, makes me shudder just thinking about it >.<. I mean it's something I have suspected for quite some time due to simply having the symptoms, but as far as I am aware it's pretty common.

I didn't even know surgery was ever needed for hemorrhoids as anything I have looked up in the past online tends to show treatment is usually in the form of medications, suppositories and just being sure to be clean. It seems surgery is only needed in severe cases and are actually quite rare.

Anyway, don't mind me ... just rambling.

Tinklepanties said:
As someone who's lived with moderate to severe prolapsing hemorrhoids for several years, and who is avoiding surgery as long as possible, I offer the following - all of which I follow religiously:
1-A high fiber diet along with a daily probiotic ( I recommend Culterelle) supplements. The probiotic helps soften the stool.
2-A daily soapy water enema. I use a very gentle soap such as Dove or Ivory. This helps "liquify" everything so that there's less straining involved.
3- For cleanup I use Balneol, a personal cleanser specifically for use in sensitive areas like the rectum. It soothes and lubricates the hemorrhoids, making them easier to -gently- push back into place.
4- A tampon. It acts as a plug, keeping the hemorrhoids inside- which prevents bleeding, and it keeps things dry down there.

These steps have controlled my hemorrhoids well enough that I've avoided more drastic measures for over 10 years.

LOL... You pretty much describe me, "someone who's lived with moderate to severe prolapsing hemorrhoids for several years", except my condition (so far) has only been "moderate", and I've only been dealing with it (THIS time) for the past year or so :)

I'm currently following most of these steps (minus the daily enemas), but I've never even heard of Balneol until now. I've lived my entire adult life in Germany, and no German doctor has ever even mentioned a cleaner specifically for this kind of problem... THANK you!!! I'm reading the reviews on Amazon, which does ship to me, and it seems like it will make a HUGE difference over just using "wipes"... Kind of EXACTLY the advice I was asking for :)
MarchinBunny said:
Pretty sure I have hemorrhoids ... it's actually not something I ever concern myself about. I think the only time I really freaked out a bit and this was about a few months ago was when I noticed sooo much blood, ehh even thinking about it makes me feel like I am about to have a panic attack, makes me shudder just thinking about it >.<. I mean it's something I have suspected for quite some time due to simply having the symptoms, but as far as I am aware it's pretty common.

I didn't even know surgery was ever needed for hemorrhoids as anything I have looked up in the past online tends to show treatment is usually in the form of medications, suppositories and just being sure to be clean. It seems surgery is only needed in severe cases and are actually quite rare.

Anyway, don't mind me ... just rambling.
No worries :) I don't have the statistics, but surgery is the last resort. Doctors prefer non-surgical treatments whenever possible. That being said, thousands of Hemorrhoid surgeries are performed every year.

As for you, you definitely have Hemorrhoids, everybody does. The question is, do you have Hemorrhoids that require medical treatment? I'm not a doctor, but just from casual reading on forums and websites like this one, I know that even a small amount of blood in your stool is worthy of concern. The level of blood that you describe is definitely worth mentioning to your Doctor, it could be any number of conditions/problems that may get worse if not treated :)

Last edited:
I'm currently following most of these steps (minus the daily enemas), but I've never even heard of Balneol until now. I've lived my entire adult life in Germany, and no German doctor has ever even mentioned a cleaner specifically for this kind of problem... THANK you!!! I'm reading the reviews on Amazon, which does ship to me, and it seems like it will make a HUGE difference over just using "wipes"... Kind of EXACTLY the advice I was asking for

Yup, Balneol is good stuff.
Glad I could help:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back